What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Picked up a couple of these at $21 and was kinda kicking myself, after reading this I decided I'd give it a go and I am now glad I have a few. These are fantastic looking! Thank you for the inspiration!

Always happy to help and inspire! Huh, that sounded like a catchphrase. Anyway, I like the way how having a few of the little Mirkwood Spiders around Shelob looks as though Shelob was the big queen spider and they're her children. It makes a great scene in itself.

They're made to be built. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

:yes:

What Halloween Town? Did I miss that post?

Alpinemaps has only made references to his custom Halloween Town but there haven't been any pictures posted yet but I assume come this Halloween there could be. I know for myself I totally would love to create a wicked Halloween scene featuring all the Monster Fighters characters with the Haunted House right in the middle. An idea inspired by odysea11's Christmas Caf

Alpinemaps has only made references to his custom Halloween Town but there haven't been any pictures posted yet but I assume come this Halloween there could be. I know for myself I totally would love to create a wicked Halloween scene featuring all the Monster Fighters characters with the Haunted House right in the middle. An idea inspired by odysea11's Christmas Caf

Interesting. It's a different take than I imagined. I was thinking more along the lines of the color of Olivia's House.

It's too bad there are very few bricks in medium azure. That would look elegant I think but the tan color of Olivia's House would have also looked nice. Oh right, someone converted Olivia's House into a modular if you're curious.

And why did I suspect that you'd have a picture at your fingertips TOK.

bp_1402806201__quick_meme.jpg
  • Like 2

79006 - The Council of Elrond and 9471 - Uruk-hai Army. Building the Council was fairly quick and I do like the royal motif all the earthy tones give it. My only complaint is the bizarre 'play' feature that makes little sense let alone hardly works where the Eye of Sauron makes the floor flip up or at least that is what it was supposed to do. I almost slam the trigger and the floor barely nudges upwards. Regardless I got this for the colors and characters both features of which are nice. The shades of the leaves could work well in an autumn setting I think. One last note that you can't tell from the box, Elrond's cape is actually double sided where one side is dark red while the inside is flesh tone.

On to the Uruk-hai Army, I have wanted to put this together for a long time since I bought it. It really is a fantastic army builder with a wall that can connect on into infinity with more like itself and four baddies storming the place. Only quirky thing after the wall is built, I felt like "Huh, thought it was bigger" but I still love it all the same. The big mobile crossbow looks fantastic but unfortunately the firing mechanism for the flick missiles is not. I mean it essentially works; they just don't go far at all. If anything the flick missiles sort of drop in front of the thing like a limp wristed softball toss. Still the set is the perfect army building set which in itself can be a problem. With these army builders, you build one then want to build another ....and another ....and another ....and another and....

Well, I'm working my way up to the big boys like Helm's Deep but first next up is The Orc Forge. :D

• Like 1

Goblin King, built it to make sure it was complete, then onto eBay it goes. Not a bad build, but in no way should this set have a $100 MSRP.

I haven't had a chance to build mine just yet but from a glimpse I agree it does not appear like a $100 set. It should have been priced the same as Mines of Moria at $80 to begin with honestly. Glad I waited and ended up buying mine at a heavy discount from Target.

Fairground Mixer with the kiddos. Clever build with a surprisingly large semi truck. I really hope this is the first of an annual carnival theme.

I hope so too. There is simply way too much potential in a carnival/amusement/theme park theme to just let slip away.

Started on the GE this past weekend with my son...I help him find the pieces, than we separate the bricks needed for the page so he can look at the instructions to know where to put the pieces.  He's only 4.5yrs old so would certainly be overwhelming if I didn't help parse out the bricks needed for each page/step haha.  Still working on the first floor and many, many pieces left on #1 bags...he's looking forward to building the curtain section for the man buying pants tonight :) 

I first predicted it'll take about 1wk to build the GE together, but looks like 2-3 wks now as he's building it himself page by page and having fun.  I was tempted to 'sneak build' some pages myself but he would notice for sure!   

• Like 1

Started on the GE this past weekend with my son...I help him find the pieces, than we separate the bricks needed for the page so he can look at the instructions to know where to put the pieces.  He's only 4.5yrs old so would certainly be overwhelming if I didn't help parse out the bricks needed for each page/step haha.  Still working on the first floor and many, many pieces left on #1 bags...he's looking forward to building the curtain section for the man buying pants tonight :)

I first predicted it'll take about 1wk to build the GE together, but looks like 2-3 wks now as he's building it himself page by page and having fun.  I was tempted to 'sneak build' some pages myself but he would notice for sure!   

Our "Summer" project was built way to quick. My son just never wanted to stop, lol.  Time to look for something else.

large.jpg

• Like 2

Our "Summer" project was built way to quick. My son just never wanted to stop, lol.  Time to look for something else.

Haha, looks great...yeah my son has been pretty reasonable (surprisingly) with making time for his other Lego stuff, playing outside, JK school work and other activities.  Nice to have some balance but I'm sure he would be alright staying up all night so we can get to the escalator part/build sooner! 

Mom doesn't know this yet but I project a PetShop build in Sept and Parisian Rest in Dec :)

• Like 1

10227 B-Wing, my first starship UCS build.  I had a few of these stashed, and I always meant to crack one open to build, I'm considering it a Father's Day gift to myself.  Taking my time and enjoying the build, getting through a bag a night before bed to wind down.  It's a fun build, even though it's repetitive.  The B-Wing is one of my favorite fighters from Star Wars, always liked the unique shape of it.

• Like 2

9476 - The Orc Forge. Here is another I have wanted to build soon as I bought the set same as Uruk-hai Army. The image on the box is one thing yet the build right in front of you is another which can be said about any set really I guess. Anyway this is one of those that makes a nice set for display and to play. I mean it has so many little things to mess around with from the orc forging the weapons or armor to 'digging up' more soldiers for your forces to lifting the metal slugs up towards the top of the chute then downwards into the kettle which goes on top of the furnace that lights up from the awesome light brick. I love how the whole thing looks well as plays. I can't think of one bad thing to say about the set. I don't know about having multiples next to each other but I can see one huge MOC combining a bunch of these into a single diorama.

One thing hard to tell from the box, Lurtz' skin color is actually reddish brown. You can barely notice when right beside an Uruk-hai soldier which is dark red. Also Lurtz has a somewhat unique expression on the one side of his face without war paint. His left side eyebrow is lower.

3626cpb718.jpg

9476 - The Orc Forge. Here is another I have wanted to build soon as I bought the set same as Uruk-hai Army. The image on the box is one thing yet the build right in front of you is another which can be said about any set really I guess. Anyway this is one of those that makes a nice set for display and to play. I mean it has so many little things to mess around with from the orc forging the weapons or armor to 'digging up' more soldiers for your forces to lifting the metal slugs up towards the top of the chute then downwards into the kettle which goes on top of the furnace that lights up from the awesome light brick. I love how the whole thing looks well as plays. I can't think of one bad thing to say about the set. I don't know about having multiples next to each other but I can see one huge MOC combining a bunch of these into a single diorama.

I love that set too.  I bought a bunch of them for the figures and sold the sets sans minifigs, and kept a couple complete sets for myself.  I really like the white hand shields and helms.

I it's funny that they use the white hand symbol, when everyone in Legoland has "claw hands" as bad cop says.  I guess a claw hand would just look like a big "C" :rofl: