What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Guest brickcrazyhouse

built the landspeeder to go with the sandcrawler

damn work I want to call out to build 

I built some Star Wars stuff that I picked up for $40 at a yard sale this weekend.  7749 Echo Base, 8017 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, 7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter, 7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, 8036 Separatist Shuttle, and 7915 Imperial V-Wing (plus a pile of extra random minifigs). 

Pretty straightforward relaxing builds for the most part, except for having to deal with 60-odd missing pieces despite the guarantee that the sets were all 100% complete (Direct quote from the seller:  "Oh yes, we went through them all and double checked that the pieces were all there").  It got me thinking about my used/bulk lot pet peeves and I couldn't decide what bugs me more:  sets listed as complete that are actually missing a bunch of pieces; kids who are almost disturbingly incapable of applying stickers; or the ridiculous amount of human hair that seems to find its way into every bin of LEGO that I come across.

002.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy

8256 Go Kart - took all of 15 minutes during my lunch break.  Nice little set though even though it's now passed its peak in value.

Builta new Arctic set, smallest of the bunch, the name sadly escapes me. Found it at a TRU at retail I believe.

Finally finished the R2 that we bought in store for May 4. We built a bag a night before bedtime. Fun build, now we need an appropriately scaled C3PO :twitch:

Sounds like that will be the new 500 dollar USC SW set, eh?

A guy can hope.

8059 Seabed Scavenger from the Atlantis collection.

It was a set within a big bulk purchase I made off CL a couple months ago.  I'm finally sorting the lot.  There's a few other Atlantis sets in here, along with Fallingwater, one of the Creator houses, some City sets, and a couple Star Wars sets.  I'm slowly figuring out what's here, and I've got most of the sets pegged.  For the most part, everything is 95%-100% complete.

Pw5Psz5.jpg

My son and I are about 3/4 finished building the R2D2 I bought off eBay last week. Used but complete (so far so good) for $130. All we have left is the head. What an amazing and incredibly detailed model! I have several sealed but always wanted to build one, which is why I bought the used one last week.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

Not actually built anything, but sorted out: from a lot which looked like a lot of Friends (and was), the rest looked suspiciously like a large pink box. Well - after going through the inventory of the latter and removing everything that could come from that it was pretty clear that I was right. Sadly not complete though: no minifigs, no baseplates, no wheels - most car parts are missing. This took quite a lot of my "rest" away, which can be seen as "good" or "bad". Good because I actually made some progress with guessing and sorting, and bad because I was hoping for more "Friends".

In the end it is not all that bad - because while this incomplete pink box couldn't be really sold for anything, I know a little girl that got such a pink box new not long ago herself (guess why I recognized the assortment of parts), and would certainly not mind a few more of the same bricks.