What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Built an 8088 ARC-170 fighter that arrived yesterday via ebay.  I've been wanting to add this one to my starfighter collection for a while.  Fun build, although the wings are a little floppy due to the wings and engines only being attached to the main body by 2 technic pins and a technic rod.  Minifigs are neat, always nice to get a non-R2 astromech.  I wish they would have thrown in a 3rd clone pilot instead of Kit Fisto.

Finally broke down and opened up one of my many Vampyre Castles... :shocked: .

Where does it end when one "uses their own supply"?

The 5-year old had a great time helping build and play with the

Well if u crack into your existing supply at least you won't be spending any money! I may start doing that. It's like a new birthday present every week!

• Like 1

Working on the Pet Shop. Fun build so far. I did notice the black fences in front of the home have four top studs instead of the pictured two. I went to order new ones and that is what is listed on the website. I guess I can bricklink them. Oh well, having fun building anyway.. I love the funny surprises like the paint on the wall.

I build the tender and passenger car from the Emerald Night (10194).  Found them half built in a bulk lot I picked up awhile back, but hadn't sorted through until just the last couple of weeks.

I'm sort <10 pieces.  If I can't find those parts in my other bulk sets, I'll bricklink them.  Unfortunately, the engine doesn't appear to be in there.

A bit esoteric I know but I finally finished bricklinking the parts and managed to find a manual that wasn't crazy expensive.  Finally built the M:Tron 6862 Secret Space Voyager.  It wasn't really a set but more a buy 3 sets and send off to LEGO for a manual to use pieces from those 3 sets.  Pretty awesome I must say and signaling my nearing complete M:Tron collection :P

bp_1397367723__dsc04312.jpg

bp_1397368030__dsc04313.jpg

Link to it's wiki page in-case you want a little more info

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6862_Secret_Space_Voyager

• Like 3

30300 Batman Tumbler polybag; a fun quick build which looks pretty good for the size although when comparing to the source, the front 'windows' seem up a little too high. Actually the whole front and cab area looks raised higher than it should be. Anyway, I came across a Lego Batman mini Tumbler>custom mini Tumbler on the net that I think would make great inspiration in helping to modify the polybag build.

tumbler.jpg

30300-1.jpg

7611261194_3baf24c129_o_d.jpg

• Like 1

7659 Imperial Landing Craft

Eh.  It's okay.  I was glad I put it together, but it's going in the "to be sold" pile (pieced together from a bulk set I picked up.  All the pieces were there, as were the box and instructions.

The instructions had a couple of mistakes, including an extra "we screwed up page," (I haven't seen that before), and a photo that was out of order.  The build is rather interesting, but it's somewhat flimsy of a piece.  I like the concept, not fond of the execution.

Over the last 4 days, I built the 10182 from my CL find from last weekend.

It is only missing the three minifigures and one cherry and this will cost an additional $15-17 (however, I will have a nice profit after selling all of the other sets). 

This is just an ok build and the lack of details on the inside was disappointing.

post-30305-0-34239900-1398038144_thumb.j

• Like 1

Over the last 4 days, I built the 10182 from my CL find from last weekend.

It is only missing the three minifigures and one cherry and this will cost an additional $15-17 (however, I will have a nice profit after selling all of the other sets). 

This is just an ok build and the lack of details on the inside was disappointing.

It looks good on display from the outside.  It very much reminds me of an old hotel we have here locally:

Then

blenner-12.jpg

Now

blennerhassett-hotel.jpg

• Like 1

This weekend, I built Emma's Horse Trailer (3186) with my 6 year old daughter.  Actually, all I did was apply the stickers.  She built the entire thing.  She loved building it.  Playability seems solid.  She digs the horse, and the trailer, and the car that is attached.

For myself, I built 10177 Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Wow!  What a build.  I really enjoyed building this thing.  It's massive, too.  2 feet long, with a 2 foot wingspan.  I wasn't sure I'd enjoy putting it together, but I really did. It was a bit more complicated, but still a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Started building R2-D2 with my stepson last night.  It'll probably take all week, it's proving to be a very challenging build for him, but he's a 6yo building a 16+ set so I'll give him a pass :D   good bonding time.