What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

My son and I just finished this beauty today. Amazing display set, but I have to admit that the build was a bit repetitive at times. We will keep it on display for a few weeks before I take it apart, bag it up, and put it in storage for a few years. post-5366-14025200681648_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Creator Bike Shop and Cafe. Built it with my daughter who is 22 and can't see a 9 year old building this on their own but that is what the box says. Over 1000 pieces no numbered bags, very detailed, and a fun build. Finished set is much smaller then the modulars but picked it up for $52 at TRU so worth it but definitely not at $89 MSRP.

• Like 1

Creator Bike Shop and Cafe. Built it with my daughter who is 22 and can't see a 9 year old building this on their own but that is what the box says. Over 1000 pieces no numbered bags, very detailed, and a fun build. Finished set is much smaller then the modulars but picked it up for $52 at TRU so worth it but definitely not at $89 MSRP.

Will this fit with the modulars or is it just too small?

My family bought me Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! for my birthday last week. I finished building it today at lunch (working at home.. extended lunch :)).

post-8090-0-86183500-1402688725_thumb.jp

It's pretty cool even if it does deviate quite a bit from the traditional space Lego sets. There are a lot of technic pins and modern building techniques but lots of traditional pieces too. I might just have to pull out my old space lego... I've been holding out on the kids. :notme:

• Like 5

Will this fit with the modulars or is it just too small?

I saw it at the Lego store yesterday and It is small but you can always add a floor to it. If you ever played Sim City, consider it a light residential zone vs a medium or heavy zone (house vs a low rise condo)

However, It looks really good.

Oh and it really is massive. The picture doesn't do it justice.

After I saw one in person, I had to have it - It looks fantastic and quite large.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

79001 - Escape from Mirkwood Spiders. Honestly the picture on the box doesn't look as good as the actual set itself. The trees are trippy builds with their gnarled appearance and the way how the spiders are built is freakin' brilliant. I am glad I bought a couple of these cause those spiders alone are just ....AWESOME! I still have Shelob Attacks to put together; can't wait to see how that looks with all those arachnids running around. :spiteful:

• Like 2

79001 - Escape from Mirkwood Spiders. Honestly the picture on the box doesn't look as good as the actual set itself. The trees are trippy builds with their gnarled appearance and the way how the spiders are built is freakin' brilliant. I am glad I bought a couple of these cause those spiders alone are just ....AWESOME! I still have Shelob Attacks to put together; can't wait to see how that looks with all those arachnids running around. :spiteful:

That's good to hear. I've considered picking this up for the Halloween Town, but wasn't sure. Sounds like I need to.

That's good to hear. I've considered picking this up for the Halloween Town, but wasn't sure. Sounds like I need to.

I think the setup should work perfectly for Halloween. It takes a little messing around with the spider legs to figure how to make them stand but when you do, you can have them in all sorts of various stances. Here is a Eurobricks review to help give a better look at everything and a couple pics of the spiders. Oh yeah, they also have glow-in-the-dark eyes (the single circle studs) which is pretty cool too.

8186166169_cdc64c5892_c.jpg

8187208654_d89a2276eb_c.jpg

• Like 1

9470 - Shelob Attacks. This is yet another set where you just need to say "The heck with it", buy it, and build it. I mainly wanted it for Gollum but now that I put the spider together I can't say enough just how friggin' awesome this is! Shelob is BIG for sure and pretty flexible. You know what makes the spider even more awesome? Having it hang down from the top tower and right on the front of my Haunted House. :biggrin:

Just pay attention to the part of the instructions where you need to build the legs because for me the booklet was wrong in one spot. It displayed the middle leg portion starting with the 1x2 joint connecters then a 1x4 plate and 1x2 tile on top when it should be starting with the 1x4 plate first then the joint connectors and finally 1x2 tile on top. Basically how it looks on the box is correct.

Also built 79005 - The Wizard Battle which is fine. The throne is all fancy-like, the Eye of Sauron minifigure head is cool, and the crystal balls in translucent yellow are nice and should be useful in other projects.

• Like 2

Built both Ecto 1 and Benny`s ship this week. The first one is excellent, very detailed (not perfect) but it will make a wonderful display piece. Benny`s ship on the other hand is astounding!!! So much nostalgia and it`s a very big ship for $120. That one is now sitting on display comfortably above my desk, it`s so beautiful. 

Finished up the T1 Camper last night.  The build was kind of odd in that you built all these little mini builds instead of your standard brick by brick construction.  You kind of build a chunk here and a chunk there, and it ends up a van.  In the end, the set is amazing and glad I built one.  Can't wait to put the Mini Cooper next to it.

• Like 1

9470 - Shelob Attacks. This is yet another set where you just need to say "The heck with it", buy it, and build it. I mainly wanted it for Gollum but now that I put the spider together I can't say enough just how friggin' awesome this is! Shelob is BIG for sure and pretty flexible. You know what makes the spider even more awesome? Having it hang down from the top tower and right on the front of my Haunted House. :biggrin:

You're killing me man. Now I have 2 LOTR sets to get for the Halloween Town because of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

You're killing me man. Now I have 2 LOTR sets to get for the Halloween Town because of you.

I was waiting for your response, man. Just wait until I put together all the Monster Fighters sets I have. Haha. I can't wait to hear the replies when I get to The Zombies.... mint in the box. :spiteful:

Picked up a couple of these at $21 and was kinda kicking myself, after reading this I decided I'd give it a go and I am now glad I have a few.  These are fantastic looking!  Thank you for the inspiration!

• Like 1

I was waiting for your response, man. Just wait until I put together all the Monster Fighters sets I have. Haha. I can't wait to hear the replies when I get to The Zombies.... mint in the box. :spiteful:

They're made to be built. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

What Halloween Town? Did I miss that post?

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app