What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Finished the Tumbler from 7888. 98+% original so far. Still sifting through the bulk lot it came with for a few of the parts. A couple of the missing pieces have a sticker too. grrr.... Happy though, it should fetch a pretty penny either way. The Ice Cream Truck is proving to be difficult to find.

Tumbler_zpsc157c133.jpeg

I am not really a builder but just finished weathertop with some help from my son. set could have been bigger but I thought it was well built and had interesting angles/pieces...the ringwraiths are very cool and set comes with nice figs... 3 rings. this set only had 400 pieces and took some effort - I wonder how I am going to handle a modular haha. guess I have to pace myself :)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Built all but one of the mixels. (Got two of one set by accident) I know there's not a lot of love for these but gf and I like them. Going to have a contest next weekend to see who can make the best mixel monster out of all the sets. Should be fun with two winners and no losers.

Minecraft Nether and Village for my desk @ work. Forest next. I have ample spare pieces to build some add-ons. I've never played Minecraft, but I got these cheap, and they look decent enough to go with my microscale builds (which now require some subterranean details).

Our cubes are going away so I'll have far less room to display larger sets. The book shelf in my cube was quite long, and once held GE, FB, PS, PC, and TH modulars. Needless to say, people enjoyed looking at them. I'd often be away from my desk for meetings, etc., and would return to find strangers (it's a large office) standing in my cube staring at the mods and peering into the windows (which i made worth their while by adding some interesting scenes).

With the new, smaller, low-wall style workspaces, most people will be telecommuting, but people (and I) will still need some LEGO to view. Plus, people who think of squatting in my space will know it's 'occupied'.

Just curious, how much did it cost to bricklink the mini-modular?

I'm not sure. I'm going to guess it would have better to just grab one off of eBay. I had a couple of bulk sets around, so I thought I could grab the bricks from those sets. But, here are so many tiny pieces in this set, it's a challenge. I probably bought about half the bricks. That was about $50 or $60. I only substituted 2 bricks out of 1300+.

This one isn't one for the faint of heart to BL.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I'm not sure. I'm going to guess it would have better to just grab one off of eBay. I had a couple of bulk sets around, so I thought I could grab the bricks from those sets. But, here are so many tiny pieces in this set, it's a challenge. I probably bought about half the bricks. That was about $50 or $60. I only substituted 2 bricks out of 1300+.

This one isn't one for the faint of heart to BL.

To add to the above: it was my first attempt at BL'ing a set.

Tonight, I built the truck from Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape (modified slightly to fit into my Winter Village) and the first part of the Mini Modulars.

I couldn't help myself but simply had to finish the mini modulars yesterday. In fact, it wasn't really until today very early morning that I did. It looks so cute, I hope Lego does a second edition with the newer sets. 15 pieces turned out to be missing, but all of them are pretty standard stuff, nothing that should be trouble to BL. And for $50 shipped I don't complain. :)

Happy.

Let me start it off by telling you what I built recently. I built the 10174 STAR WARS UCS AT-ST. It took me about 4 hours to build while watching TV and was well worth it. Big set...surprisingly so. Very realistic. I just didn't like that there was no interior parts or details. I love greebles. Overall...a winner in my book.

These are great sets i buy these and build and flip regularly, Really great build