What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Gave my 6 year old daughter Cloud Cuckoo Place from the Lego Movie for Valentine's Day.  She and I put it together tonight.

It's a lot of fun.  I really like the colors, and there are some unique pieces to it.  I've got two more sets here (because I've parted out the minifigs for the other two sets).  I'm keeping the rest of the pieces, and we're going to start putting together a mega palace.

Yesterday, I treated my former manager (AFOL, too) at work to a LEGO lunch on his last day of work. We spent ~2-3 hours building 7965 in a meeting room that had a nice 5' round table. We took turns pulling pieces from the bag piles into trays (Lean Cuisine plastic trays are perfect for this) while the other one built.

Some very nice interior details to this version of the MF. If you have one in your investment pile, it's worth building as the MF is still available for purchase. If nothing else, you'll never need light gray pieces again!!

Having not built anything larger than polybags or microscale MOCs for some time, it was fun to build something 'substantial'.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Building the MF (see last post) started something...all investment and no build makes for dull LEGO. I'm 2 minutes away from breaking open the AT-TE that's been next to my desk for the past month.

do it can't you here the box saying "open me"

My wife finished building the Winter Village Cottage tonight.  Looks pretty cool.  I can understand the disappointment with this year's Winter Village Market, not having the one big building in the set.

I'm finishing up Bricklinking the Mini Modulars set.  Putting in my final orders tonight.  Hopefully the parts get here soon, so I can put the darn thing together!

I haven't built it yet but I finally did manage to come up with a virtual design incorporating my three Log Cabins into one modular esque type of build using only the included pieces. I'm quite happy with the layout using such a limited selection in parts and can hardly wait to put it together in real life.

On an a more related note, I opened up a couple of Ninjago polybags among others I had lying around in waiting.

• Like 1

I haven't built it yet but I finally did manage to come up with a virtual design incorporating my three Log Cabins into one modular esque type of build using only the included pieces. I'm quite happy with the layout using such a limited selection in parts and can hardly wait to put it together in real life.

On an a more related note, I opened up a couple of Ninjago polybags among others I had lying around in waiting.

Please post pics when done. 

Please post pics when done.

I most assuredly plan to. ;) To note, I just made some good progress with actually building the design from what I worked up in LDD and made a few cosmetic as well as slight structure changes after seeing it in physical form. I am really pleased with how things are looking so far. :paint: