What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Same exact place as you :)

I called Lego and told them the roof needed to be more stable. The rep understood and sent me the 1x4 and 2x4 flat tiles I requested. http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3628-vw-camper-on-amazon/page-2#entry133977

Hmmm... Those front tiles were part of the build instructions. Perhaps they updated the build? Either way, the 1x4 on the back does help!

Boys emptied piggy banks, went to LEGO store:

'The LEGO Movie':

16 x minifigs - checked the dot/bubble patterns to avoid duplicates (fav is WlydStyle Wlydwest)

1 x 70801 The Melting Room

1 x 70808 Super Cycle Chase (great build) - Glad I called ahead and asked the store to hold one. They had 5 when I called right after the store opened, and all were gone within 30 minutes, per the staff.

Got Metalbeard's Duel for myself...will build that after the boys are in bed.

The sets are great, no question.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Gf is building the new modular restaurant right now. Sick as hell (both her and the set) don't know if she'll finish tonight but looks great. Built the monkey and toucan from the 3 in 1 creatures set 31019 earlier. The monkey now hangs above the dinner table with the shelob.

Built the Silver Mine Shootout today. After I was done, my first thought was that if this set didn't have "Disney's The Lone Ranger" on it, investors would be hoarding it. It is a sweet western themed set that has so many cool play features. Great minifigures (Chief Big Bear is incredible) too - the set has everything.

I did wind up doing my own modifications to allow the train to pass through. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, but I thought it came out decently. Here are a couple pics to show how it came out (yes, that's my son's "Bertie" minifigure that my wife requested at our local Legoland DC - we're supposed to bring Bertie on adventures and take his picture while on them).

post-9910-0-68521400-1388724401_thumb.jp

post-9910-0-65224900-1388724607_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Built the Silver Mine Shootout today. After I was done, my first thought was that if this set didn't have "Disney's The Lone Ranger" on it, investors would be hoarding it. It is a sweet western themed set that has so many cool play features. Great minifigures (Chief Big Bear is incredible) too - the set has everything.

I did wind up doing my own modifications to allow the train to pass through. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, but I thought it came out decently. Here are a couple pics to show how it came out (yes, that's my son's "Bertie" minifigure that my wife requested at our local Legoland DC - we're supposed to bring Bertie on adventures and take his picture while on them).

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great job! They look very nice displayed like that.

Bought a huge used lot of ninjago around Christmas and my son and I have been building them and sorting through the mixed pieces. Fire temple, Garmadon fortress, all 4 dragons, many skull vehicles, etc. found all the build to be fun, and the dragons are especially fun...still seem a little flimsy though for the playing that my sons want. Newer sets like LOTR and Lone Ranger seem more sturdy.

I recently purchased and built the tower of Orthanc. Instead of using the numbered bags, I dumped them all together in a big box. It made the build more of a challenge. The tower was much larger than I expected and had excelent detail.

Just like the old days. And guess what pieces are in this step... (:

• Like 1

I have younger kids so they just got really into lego this year. Since the 1st we have built, Mirkwood Spiders, Unexpected gathering, Entire new coast guard series, (ship is awesome), Castle gateway, Pharaohs Quest sphinx (Awesome) and many smaller sets. Researching christmas gifts also got me into investing as well.

I was organizing stuff in my garage when my 5-year old discovered me and immediately saw the Batman Dictionary I had out. After looking through it, we decided that Electro-Suit Batman needed a vehicle. And why doesn't he have a pickup truck yet? 

I am pretty terrible at MOCs so pretty proud of this so far, haha. My son disappeared for a minute and came back with the red and yellow glider for Robin to man on top of the truck. :-)

• Like 1

I was organizing stuff in my garage when my 5-year old discovered me and immediately saw the Batman Dictionary I had out. After looking through it, we decided that Electro-Suit Batman needed a vehicle. And why doesn't he have a pickup truck yet? 

I am pretty terrible at MOCs so pretty proud of this so far, haha. My son disappeared for a minute and came back with the red and yellow glider for Robin to man on top of the truck. :-)

Looks great - throw a little yellow brick highlights somewhere and it will really make the vehicle scream Batman.

Kudos on the hubcaps too.  I like both types.

Haha, the hubcaps were his idea! I did add a 2x2 slope piece from the helicopter with the Batman logo on the top, but otherwise I was instructed to use black and blue only to match the suit. I expect a large number of modifications will be made before I get home tonight. 

Well, if it goes against marching orders, I would follow general's orders...