What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

just got done with the dog and yea going to have to get two more sets

Definitely! It would be too hard to try and settle for one of them to display. Got to go with all 3 for sure, they are just too great looking. Really impressive the amount of details they got into each animal.

I've been putting off building some large sets...

Which one next?  Sopwith or Mobile Crane MK II?

Or one of the Creator houses (Treehouse, Seaside House, Small Cottage, Family House)?   :shifty:

42009 In Jurgen's ultimate flavor you will not be dissapointed :).  I can't get enough of mine.  Lego needs to get their butts in gear and start designing full RC sets.

• Like 1

You'd think that by now having built large Technic sets (Supercar, Motorized Excavator, etc...) one would be careful with the Mobile Crane MK II (at 2606 pieces)!

Nope... One detour of using a dark gray piece instead of a black one resulted in working backwards haphazardly taking parts off.

What a nightmare... Another detour I ran into?  A piece was missing.  Ordered that today through Brick Owl.  Jumped to another section instead of stopping... 

And now I have to wait for the part.

Oh well... 

Technic sets are amazing... even with the frustrations...   :sweat:

• Like 1

I picked up a bunch of Hero Factory 44009 Dragon Bolt's on clearance, so my son and I built one. Awesome set for the Hero Factory fan! Should be a good investment too, already selling for more than retail on eBay. At 150 pieces it's pretty big for a HF set, and the way you can "flap" the dragon wings is pretty awesome. My son has been terrorizing his sister with it flying around the house. :-)

Build the 60025 Grand Prix Truck the other day.  It's ok, the car is probably about as accurate as they could get at that scale.  I'm not a big fan of how they widened the trailer just in the area for the car, so it's 8-wide in the rear, but 6-wide up front.  Also, you can't drive the car up the ramp because the rear end is so short.  I have liked some of the previous tractor trailers more than this one, but I do like the color scheme.

About a week ago built Lake Town Chase.  Pretty cool buildings and the boat is fairly accurate.  Figures are really cool as well.

Guest davewager78

Not technically a set, but today was spent using a partially parted out Tower Bridge to try to build extensions to the ends of a complete Tower Bridge. There should be 2 more small towers. Work in progress