What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I don't know. They've done the Tennis Player thrice, but no golfer. Or even a caddy.

If Lego does get around to making a golfer, how much you wanna bet it will look like Chevy Chase from Caddyshack? xD

"Be the ball, You're not being the ball, Danny"

That is one of the greatest comedies of all time. You youngsters that have never seen Caddyshack better go out and watch it tonight.

Anyway, my 6278 Enchanted Island came in a few days ago and got around to building today. Really cool and will go well with some of the other Pirates sets.

I don't know. They've done the Tennis Player thrice, but no golfer. Or even a caddy.

If Lego does get around to making a golfer, how much you wanna bet it will look like Chevy Chase from Caddyshack? xD

That is one of the greatest comedies of all time. You youngsters that have never seen Caddyshack better go out and watch it tonight.

Yeah. At least watch it for the gopher.

Yeah. At least watch it for the gopher.

Haha that dagg on gopher lol

I finished the 10182 Cafe Corner today. Wonderful set. Very weak interior though. I think later Modulars have improved interior details immensely. Exterior details are fantastic. Color scheme look great in person. I do build sets from time to time to the dismay of many of you. ;-) My next project is the General Grievous UCS set.

I finished the 10182 Cafe Corner today. Wonderful set. Very weak interior though. I think later Modulars have improved interior details immensely. Exterior details are fantastic. Color scheme look great in person.

No argument about that from anyone. Cafe Corner had no interior to speak off. The way I heard was Lego didn't even bother with an interior because they said you would not have been able to see inside it from the box image. Here is a CUUSOO project LDiEgo created just to create interior for the Cafe Corner. Now you just need to build the alternate model for Cafe Corner! (Which for some reason never actually had instructions. Huh....)

Hey, you have a custom Sith Infiltrator! Thing is huge!

And I think I see a Battleship Yamato in the back under a TIE Interceptor.

Have built a few of my old SW sets recently: 7263 Tie Fighter 7256 Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid 7113 Tusken Raider 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina 4484 X-wing Fighter & Tie Advanced mini 4491 MTT mini 4477 T-16 Skyhopper 4478 Genosian Fighter 4480 Jabba Palace Favourite so far was 4501, great little set, but could have been so much better. Hopefully they give it the UCS treatment one day.

I haven't built it yet, but I finally finished inventorying the 10198 parts I stumbled upon in a bulk lot. Spent $35 total on the lots, and after inventorying everything would estimate I'm probably about 150 pieces short. Probably 100 of those I can easily fill from existing pieces I already have. Only a few of the larger discs in red and white, and a couple of longer pieces I'll have to Brinklink or something. Spent $15 on the instructions so I would have a copy, so if I can get the rest of the pieces and end up spending about $70 total it's probably about break even. Will be the biggest ship my son has seen so far though! Should be fun to build together.

No argument about that from anyone. Cafe Corner had no interior to speak off. The way I heard was Lego didn't even bother with an interior because they said you would not have been able to see inside it from the box image. Here is a CUUSOO project LDiEgo created just to create interior for the Cafe Corner. Now you just need to build the alternate model for Cafe Corner! (Which for some reason never actually had instructions. Huh....)

Hey, you have a custom Sith Infiltrator! Thing is huge!

And I think I see a Battleship Yamato in the back under a TIE Interceptor.

I knew your perceptive eyes would notice a couple of things. I love the old STAR BLAZERS TV show. Below is my dream LEGO model...

I knew your perceptive eyes would notice a couple of things. I love the old STAR BLAZERS TV show. Below is my dream LEGO model...

......I wish I could muster enough strength to pick my jaw up off the floor but I'm powerless to its sheer awesomeness. :-)

I haven't seen the original anime in a long time. I know for myself that I still want to build the tanks from Dominion Tank Police. I have a couple of sketches but still not satisfied with how they look.

I'm on a roll....Finished this set last night...Late last night. The UCS 10186 General Grievous. Fantastic display set. Awesome base. Looks like furniture. LOL. I loved the mini Alien guts of the General. Very cool.

Cool indeed. Didn't they use one of those jedi hood pieces to make it look like a heart in there? So gross! Ha ha.

Man, I love your collection. I can see so many of those nice store display units like the one for the first Star Wars minibuilds and another for the Monster Fighters minifigures that I've only seen at Target. No way! You have a 2009 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive display!

Whoops. Guess I'm getting carried away with your collection more than the build! Sorry about that. ;)

Built a 7036 Dwarf's Mine from the Fantasy Era castle line. Got it as part of a recent lot purchased on Craigslist and have decided to keep it since I didn't have any of these little dwarves and like the mine. It will go well with the King's Castle I have from this line too. It needed a couple $$ in parts to finish it, but it's a cool little set.

Finished building one of the Vampyre Castle's last night. This set displays really well, has a lot of "cute" features and like most Lego sets, has a lot of nice detail. The way the Castle swivels open and can be closed again is an excellent design choice in my opinion. It allows the Castle to be displayed nicely and also allows kids to interact with it better for play. It's a good compromise between the two preferences.

Finished building one of the Vampyre Castle's last night. This set displays really well, has a lot of "cute" features and like most Lego sets, has a lot of nice detail. The way the Castle swivels open and can be closed again is an excellent design choice in my opinion. It allows the Castle to be displayed nicely and also allows kids to interact with it better for play. It's a good compromise between the two preferences.

Nice, I'm actually trying to hold out until around Halloween on one of the beat up boxes wal mart $69 specials to build this one with my boy.