75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

New predicament. I picked up an sw advent calendar and the glue on one of the seals is literally non existent (big rookie mistake made there) - its literally flapping in the wind. I looked inside the box to make sure it hadn't been pillaged but all the contents are there still sealed.

Has the value on this one been killed and I'm better parting it out. Or do I list as broken seal but all contents checked and still new. Then price at the lower end of ebay?

Actually that's a general question as well. Open box but sealed bags...is there a general  rule of thumb estimate of the discount to sealed bags, sealed box?

Although slightly tempted now to keep it and enhance my Christmas moc.

New predicament. I picked up an sw advent calendar and the glue on one of the seals is literally non existent (big rookie mistake made there) - its literally flapping in the wind. I looked inside the box to make sure it hadn't been pillaged but all the contents are there still sealed.

Has the value on this one been killed and I'm better parting it out. Or do I list as broken seal but all contents checked and still new. Then price at the lower end of ebay?

Actually that's a general question as well. Open box but sealed bags...is there a general  rule of thumb estimate of the discount to sealed bags, sealed box?

Although slightly tempted now to keep it and enhance my Christmas moc.

Wait at the peak of this set to sell. It won't matter if a seal is off as long as its new and sealed. They will be opened up anyway by the buyer.

• Like 1

Got my eye on a stack of 20 at my local Kroger Marketplace. They are marked down to $35 now. If it goes below $30 I will be very tempted to take them all. I don't think the price maxed out last year until the last week of November. I was selling several around Thanksgiving so there is still plenty of time for these.

21 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Anyone pairing this with anything else?

And give away my strategy? :o  

I'm going to see how they sell on their own.  I've been thinking of pairing with C-3PO from TRU.  A bit heavy on the lame droid sum in the listing... But I figure it is an easy way to differentiate from the unpaired listings, adds in something of interest to SW fans, and gets rid of something that won't have much resale value for a long time.

This morning's Amazon ranking #2 in Building toys, #6 in Toys & Games. Buy box is at 68.99 with 5 in stock. 380 offers. 26 offers lower than the buy box.

UPDATE: as I typed this, the current BB holder sold 5 units.

EDIT: He sold through. New BB holder is at 57.99 + 2.98 shipping with 47 units. Have we seen the last of the people with hundreds of this set up for offer?

Edited by thoroakenfelder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

This morning's Amazon ranking #2 in Building toys, #6 in Toys & Games. Buy box is at 68.99 with 5 in stock. 380 offers. 26 offers lower than the buy box.

UPDATE: as I typed this, the current BB holder sold 5 units.

EDIT: He sold through. New BB holder is at 57.99 + 2.98 shipping with 47 units. Have we seen the last of the people with hundreds of this set up for offer?

There's a bit of a road block at the lowest price point with the current seller still having 58 available.  Once that clears things could get interesting.

Looks like today there was a little movement. Still #2 in building toys, but now #7 in toys. Current BB is 66.99, I can't tell the inventory, because they placed a purchase limit of 3. 364 offers with 12 lower than his price. Lowest price seller has 7 in stock.

The lowest domestic U.S. offers on Ebay are in the $58 range including shipping. Looks like somewhere around 400 BIN listings. multiple sold BIN in the $60+ range recently.

Sorry if these updates are annoying, I'm just interested in the movement of this set.

• Like 4

Looks like today there was a little movement. Still #2 in building toys, but now #7 in toys. Current BB is 66.99, I can't tell the inventory, because they placed a purchase limit of 3. 364 offers with 12 lower than his price. Lowest price seller has 7 in stock.

The lowest domestic U.S. offers on Ebay are in the $58 range including shipping. Looks like somewhere around 400 BIN listings. multiple sold BIN in the $60+ range recently.

Sorry if these updates are annoying, I'm just interested in the movement of this set.

Keep it up. Thanks for the info.

26 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

In for 1. I want it myself ✌️

I'm curious to know if you actually get one. I'm not saying that the seller wants to rip you off, but I don't think anyone has that much significantly discounted stock on hand of a limited production run seasonal item. unless they are knock offs or stolen

EDIT: Looks like all of his available products are incredibly marked down top or#1 items intheircategories http://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A2EVZTU59IF3JQ&merchant=A2EVZTU59IF3JQ&redirect=true

Edited by thoroakenfelder

22 minutes ago, LegoEdison said: In for 1. I want it myself

I'm curious to know if you actually get one. I'm not saying that the seller wants to rip you off, but I don't think anyone has that much significantly discounted stock on hand of a limited production run seasonal item. unless they are knock offs or stolen

Could have found them on a food truck in Texas, like the JBCs and Family Houses.

17 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

EDIT: Looks like all of his available products are incredibly marked down top or#1 items intheircategories http://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A2EVZTU59IF3JQ&merchant=A2EVZTU59IF3JQ&redirect=true

Order canceled by Amazon (not the seller)??? Is this normal?