75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any way to know if there will be a Star Wars advent calendar for this holiday season?

Also, I searched the Star Wars forum and didn't find a thread for the 2014 Star Wars advent calendar - 75056.  I found one for 75023, but not last year.  It looks like they don't move up too much in value, so buying now at about full retail might not be a solid move - unless there won't be one for 2015. 

Is there any way to know if there will be a Star Wars advent calendar for this holiday season?

Also, I searched the Star Wars forum and didn't find a thread for the 2014 Star Wars advent calendar - 75056.  I found one for 75023, but not last year.  It looks like they don't move up too much in value, so buying now at about full retail might not be a solid move - unless there won't be one for 2015. 

it set 75097.  Take a look on brickset.com

Edited by jay4e

• 4 weeks later...

Why does it bother me that C-3PO isn't wearing pants?  I mean, he doesn't usually wear pants anyways.  I guess it's because if he has a shirt on, he should then wear pants.  Chewie doesn't wear pants either and now I am kind of disturbed by that. Ugg....

Anywho...to stay on topic. The Exclusives look good,  I like the R2 with the antlers and the Ion Cannon and At-At might make this a pretty good set.  I get it every year anyways and go through it with the kids...this year will be no different.  Doesn't Amazon usually have a pre-sale?

It sounds like you had a terrible TRU day, combined with the Louvre problem.

Indeed! On the plus side, the manager felt bad and gave me an extra 10% off whatever else I wanted (plus 20% coupon, 10% CC Thursday, gift cards and TRU monkey math) I left with a Deep Sea Operation Base (and free Joker Bumper Car) for $69 which I may try to display in my fish tank.

...and he put a Louvre on hold with a note to honor the 20% coupon (not that there won't be on next month)

US or canada

did you actually get one or they refused to sell it?

US...and they cock chew-block-a'ed my advent love. No sale!

• Like 3

Now that these are available for pre-order at Amazon, what's the feeling on it? Looks like last years sets peaked at around $70-$80 and can be found on Amazon for $42 at the moment. Can the 2015 set command the same money? What about pairing up the two calendars? I am debating on whether to spend money on these sets or putting money into the upcoming winter sets/Santa's Workshop - when it becomes available again.

It all depends on what LEGO does with production.  Three years ago I think the Star Wars advent made it to clearance at many stores, but the last two years they have been out of stock at times during the holidays and there were good quick-flipping windows in-between restocks.