75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

The chrome leg on C3PO and the updated Jawa will be nice for folks who didn't get the Sandcrawler - and not so great for folks who did and were enjoying the exclusive figs, lol.  Luckily the restraining bolt torso and alternate Jawa will still be exclusive.  Speaking of, I like the look of the mini Sandcrawler build and is the desert terrain supposed to be a sarlacc pit?  Also think the micro Ewok Village is cool.

Edited by runormal

Is it just me that the characters don't appeal to me so much. I loved the one last year with Darth Santa. Seems the selection on the figs above average. I would still get a couple to save and one to open.

No, it's not just you. I'll say it again. This calendar is weak. I missed out on flipping last year's SW calendar, and (with everyone's hindsight) I'm betting there's going to be way too many of these in the flippin' pool this year. If I had a gun to my head, I'd bet buying last year's at $42 would be better than buying this one at $40.

Future appreciation I should say.  The advent calendars are not the strongest performers....

One of my KMart's has 2 of last year's 2014 Star Wars advent calendar still on the shelf.  I thought about picking them up, but I haven't yet.  I already kept one from last year.

Edited by exciter1

so if you guys are spotting 2014 calendars on the shelves shouldnt you be buying them!!  after all, Darth Santa is hard to top ... the amazon price of $42 shipped is hard to beat also ... considering it is retired and the next time Vader will be Santa will be awhile ...

• 2 weeks later...

Given the responses about this set and it's lackluster comparison to the 2014 calendar I'm wondering how many BPers will go strong on this set given the hype that will surround the entire SW theme this year. Obviously the hype will help a great deal, but the 2015 calendar has little to do with FA and so far doesn't seem to be that popular. (I know our views in regards to LEGO tend to be biased compared to the general public.)

Given the responses about this set and it's lackluster comparison to the 2014 calendar I'm wondering how many BPers will go strong on this set given the hype that will surround the entire SW theme this year. Obviously the hype will help a great deal, but the 2015 calendar has little to do with FA and so far doesn't seem to be that popular. (I know our views in regards to LEGO tend to be biased compared to the general public.)

After watching this review I really like how they stuck with 3 significant original trilogy locations/themes and the builds look pretty fun too.

from a kids and OT fan perspective this seems like a great all around package.  obviously overpriced at RRP but im assuming it will be available with decent discounts.  The minifig selection is a great add on to any collection, you can never have enough jawas, storm troopers, hoth troopers or even ewoks.  the mini builds are good for the kids, and seem like a decent part selection.  

The big question I think is will the R2 and CPO be collectible enough to make the set a winner.  I like the tribute, but I think they could have put a little more effort into making them more unique.

Yes I do like the fact that they included minifigs that were previously avail with more expensive sets.

R2D2 apparently has some new printing so it is an updated version, but I agree that a little more effort could a have been done with the set as a whole. I do like the OT tribute to Hoth, Tatooine and Endor though. Would have been cool to have some FA micro builds as well.

Seeing the video did make me appreciate it more, but I have not delved into the QF world of advent calendars ..yet.

haven't seen if this one has the limited tag but the other 2 in store do not this year.  Might no go as heavy as i did last year.  Will buy with promotions during Brikctober at TRU if anything (probably SW only ).

Last 2 years (maybe 3) they had a limited tag in store which for whatever it was worth did seem to be much more limited than years without it.   After the last 2 years of strong sales on these thinking it might be risky to go to well one more time.  Although it was nice selling 125 City and SW in a day and a half last year.

• Like 1

I'm not buying any of these this year. There were way too many sellers last year. It got up to $65 or so for a brief period but dropped back down by late Nov. This seems a lot less appealing than last years too. Santa Vader was the best. The droids don't do much for me.

I hope those that take the plunge do well. You'll have one less person to compete with :derisive:

• Like 2