75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

But i'm hedging that the seasonal flip game is going to die a vicious death this year.

I don't buy that.  Maybe these two sets won't prove flip-worthy but there are certainly many other candidates out there.  You have to keep your eyes open and also get a little lucky but there's good money to be made every year before Christmas.

Disclaimer: I have never flipped a single advent calendar nor have I tried.

With that being said, from my understanding the Advent Calendars has not been good for the last two years with each year getting worse. I could be wrong but from what I remember/understand this has been the trend. 

Ummm, last year was Santa Vader.  Arguably the best Advent offer yet.   And people were making quite a bit off them. 

• Like 2

I don't buy that.  Maybe these two sets won't prove flip-worthy but there are certainly many other candidates out there.  You have to keep your eyes open and also get a little lucky but there's good money to be made every year before Christmas.

I'm just referring to the most current seasonal themed sets and not retired, or sets that might be popular but go out of stock and become scarce during the holiday season.  Seems that the advent calendar and the winter village sets have such a high reseller count going into november that making money on them through flipping will more than likely come with super slim, or negative margins.

10 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Amazon is done as well... is this the time to load up?

Only if you feel like tossing a lot of money away.  428 offers on Amazon, people are now undercutting one another to dump stock.  Lowest at 34.00, which is under RRP.  I've come to the conclusion there are no holiday sets worth attempting to flip, unless its the train or gingerbread house.

3 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Only if you feel like tossing a lot of money away.  428 offers on Amazon, people are now undercutting one another to dump stock.  Lowest at 34.00, which is under RRP.  I've come to the conclusion there are no holiday sets worth attempting to flip, unless its the train or gingerbread house.

considering what the buy in cost was at toys r us I am quite pleased

if the velocity maintains on amazon it was the top toy or two at lego and the top number 2 toy at amazon there is a chance a great many sellers

will go away

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tacsniper said: Amazon is done as well... is this the time to load up?

There's still profit for some at $34 each. ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Seems like Target has some in stores, but none for shipping. Walmart doesn't even have a listing. TRU has a limit of 2, but is still shipping them. Kmart doesn't have any within 50 miles of me and doesn't seem to be shipping them.

First rule of walmart.com; you don't use the search engine on walmart.com to find anything they sell.  Google it.  Reduced price is $49.99. :)  None available for pickup within 50 miles of me.  

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-75097/45628151

Target has dwindling inventory for pickup near me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, baschloinka said:

First rule of walmart.com; you don't use the search engine on walmart.com to find anything they sell.  Google it.  Reduced price is $49.99. :)  None available for pickup within 50 miles of me.  

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-75097/45628151

Target has dwindling inventory for pickup near me.

shows seller as 3p : toywiz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekgate502 said:

considering what the buy in cost was at toys r us I am quite pleased

if the velocity maintains on amazon it was the top toy or two at lego and the top number 2 toy at amazon there is a chance a great many sellers

will go away

If you don't mind me asking, what was the lowest price you guys found on these from TRU using truth?  I really didn't bother trying to chase these.  I just bought one through lego.com during 2xvip, and that was it.  It will more than likely be opened by my son, unless I see some miraculous rise by thanksgiving week.

I also wonder if that velocity was by a good % of investors?  It just seems to have a record number of listings right now..  It was at 411 a few days ago, 428 as of last night.  It will be interesting to see how many resellers are in it next week.  If it's still in the mid 300s….I think that will be telling on where this one is going.

Edited by fossilrock

7 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the lowest price you guys found on these from TRU using truth?  I really didn't bother trying to chase these.  I just bought one through lego.com during 2xvip, and that was it.  It will more than likely be opened by my son, unless I see some miraculous rise by thanksgiving week.

I also wonder if that velocity was by a good % of investors?  It just seems to have a record number of listings right now..  It was at 411 a few days ago, 428 as of last night.  It will be interesting to see how many resellers are in it next week.  If it's still in the mid 300s….I think that will be telling on where this one is going.

Should be about 28$ based on a rough estimate . I never used the coupons on those though . 

9 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

It will really depend on how many copies each of those sellers is sitting on.  It's sales rank has been in the single/double digits, which means that Amazon is moving them by the bucketload.