75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

In August? Exclusive Darth Vader? Are you sure you haven't bought last years advents calenders?

Yip...defo this years. I was surprised to see them at that time also...so bought a few!

I think they are sent to shops early...who probably arent supposed to put them on the shelves until a certain date.

Now that CMF:S14 is sold out these are the number one seller on LEGO Shop at Home.  Also back in stock at Kmart, just picked up a few more.  SYW brings my buy in down to about $20 each so even if they dont take off I should still be able to flip them this year.  Not sure on the long hold on this one given the lack of a real rare fig like santa vader.

We all know that SOLD OUT at SAH means nothing. Especially on newer sets. Anyways, there were a ton of these on the shelves of my local TRU for $42.99. A decent target for TRUTH. If they sell out by mid-november (they probably will), I think they will reach $70-$80. These are a flip this year. I'm not sure why you would hold these long term.

Edited by pete411

• 4 weeks later...

I got to looking at the seal codes on my boxes.  It is printed on the seal that is over "Calendario de Adviento".  I have a mix of 24F5, 25F5, 28F5 and my most recent is 31F5.  Sometimes hard to see if it is in the dark section above the tag.  Point being that we're probably screwed if a 39F5, 40F5, 41F5, etc. shows up for that "Nov 12" ship date. Nevertheless, I think TLG knows that they will be stuck with these next year if this year's retailers get stuck with them and don't order as many next year, so I think the Advents will always be underproduced, though they will continuously search for that sell out date that is as close as possible to the start of Advent.

My two local LEGO BAMs have had a steady supply of 6 on the shelf. Of the TRUs, one had been very well stocked from the very beginning, with 2 shelves stocked 4 wide and as deep as possible, but now I'd say they are down to about 12-16. I just started doing 2 at a time this week from them to get the Bricktober TRU store, but others either don't have them on the shelf or are down to 2 or 3 on the shelf.