Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

This find from Sandwraith just proved again that clearance on Lego of  Walmart Canada is very unpredictable.

From my experience in QC, generally they do not attach sticker on clearance stuff because that means a lot of extra work.

Last November I found 79013 Lake town chase on clearance for $30 in a local Walmart, but no stick on them at all. There is even no correct price tag on shelf, some of them sit on shelf until Xmas!

In my area the only sets that are discounted and on the shelves are sets that are also discounted on the WM website. Whenever they really clearance sets for 50% and up they either put it on the endcaps facing the major aisle or they put all the clearance sets on a cart and put it near the entrance. My local WM does the latter and unless you visit the store quite often its easy to miss out on, especially since these "events" are so unpredictable and the clearance is put in a place for everyone easy to see so stuff sells out fast.

Looks like my walmart received a face lift too, but alas, not a single set on clearance.

Very nice, even bigger than the one near me that got this treatment, hopefully more will follow!

I see the Chima Fire Temple and Ninjago Mech dragon still on the shelves there; most locations have clearanced these in my area. Maybe since this location has so much room they don't need to clearance as much.

In the wm up the street from me the clearance items are usually placed on the bottom shelves, rarely a shelf tag but usually have a little red sticker on one of the sides you can't see right away (unless you happen to have one of the ground-hugging grand-rugrats along with you - they can rapidly find anything with a sale tag 'cause they've learned that's a major + towards a successful "can you buy this for me" plea).  Weirdness is, that they have a huge clearance section of toys - but they only ever put one or two minor lego sets there that are actually tagged as clearance & lots of stuff that's really at full price - nasty tactic imo!

• Like 1

Found 22 CMF Monster series today at my local WM, can confirm price is $3.86 (at this one at least) ;)

Didn't have time to smoosh em, so just grabbed them all.

I'm so jealous, no time to check the stores lately so I can't waste time just hanging out WMs. Can't wait until they are released officially!

Thanks. Yeah those won't do it. I was hoping to use the Walmart tracker. Thanks anyway.

Canada and the U.S. normally have completely different numbers.

That said, that's awesome that they are still cheaper. I see a QFLL opportunity here since they fall into the relatively cheap to ship category!

• Like 3