Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

Did you end up picking them up anyways? I haven't seen any JW sets at my WMs at all.

Nah, can still pick up Rexy at TRU.ca anyways, this seems to be the easiest set to find right now. Playvalue (as Greg pointed out) and a few other online retailers still have ample stock, but i'd rather get them at a discount.

Miracle happened tonight. On my way home from dinner tonight decided to swing by a Walmart to see what clearance they got. First round walking through isles, nothing interesting. Went back for a second stroll to make sure I didn't miss anything and what caught my eyes.... yes 3 RE!! Hiding at the bottom of the shelves alone with no other JW sets insight. And yes, I bought all 3 :D...seal codes 22R5 (Last week of May); most likely not a fresh wave from Lego

2015-07-25%2019.34.55_zpsyv5srbhb.jpg

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 2

I'm curious but what makes the jurassic park Legos so popular?  

Dinosaurs. Also, the movie is doing really well at the box office.

And LEGO has seemingly not produced enough to keep up with the demand. However i don't think anyone saw the amount of popularity coming. 

Low supply also helps increase the hype and demand which is visible in your basic consumer, and re-sellers like on these forums ;) My local LEGO store got a shipment last Wednesday which included the 3 small sets only, and they sold out within hours of it going on the shelves. I had a RR on hold just so i could burn some points on it.

You are Wrong

https://youtu.be/WrjwaqZfjIY

You should check out the prices in the dino line.  Many of those sets are making 3 to 4 times what one could have purchased them for. 

Hey, hey, hey.. not only are you guys in the wrong forums, if he doesn't want to participate it's not up to us to change his mind. </kidding>

The demand is strong up here, but Canada works a little different... Some of the most successful sellers up here sell to the US and ship from the US. I don't live close enough to the border to do that so I have to be careful as inventory moves a lot slower. :)

Miracle happened tonight. On my way home from dinner tonight decided to swing by a Walmart to see what clearance they got. First round walking through isles, nothing interesting. Went back for a second stroll to make sure I didn't miss anything and what caught my eyes.... yes 3 RE!! Hiding at the bottom of the shelves alone with no other JW sets insight. And yes, I bought all 3 :D...seal codes 22R5 (Last week of May); most likely not a fresh wave from Lego

By chance did you already check this location online to see if their stock tracker was accurate? I've checked so many postal codes across Ontario and none even say "Limited Stock Available" wondering if this set missed an inventory update online or something (given it's flagged as "Not Sold Online") and i should just start physically checking more than my usuals.

I have 4 RE's myself, but am looking around to at least secure a couple more just in case.

How accurate is Walmart's in-store inventory on there website?

Not all that great. The inventory may be correct at times, but actually finding them can sometimes be rough. They might be in the back, or in some obscure spot you'd never think to look.

My rule of thumb is if the product says "Limited stock available" or w/e, it's likely stock that's lost in the store somewhere and not worth my time. If it says "in stock at location" then chances are they have more than 2-3 of them and they should be easy to find.

• Like 1