Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

​Buying bricks is insanely expensive; especially when buy in bulk (5+ on each set)... doesn't help with TRU keep pumping out 20% off with $10 off coupons and all the rare finds lately X_X

​It's addicting too.... I'm in a whole heap of trouble if my R2's get shipped this time. :)

At least the last 7965 I bought from Walmart the last time they popped up is going to a friend for their son's birthday. I need to sell about half a dozen sets to be able to clean up the extras in my office and then another dozen to clean up my basement storage (which is not storage).

I can only imagine how much space it must take to store bulk bricks for a brick link store...

LEGO is why I'll never get married. Or, I'm not getting married because of LEGO. Either way, does it really matter?

​Sure they are toys, but everyone loves money no matter where it comes from! Just have to show your SO how much can be made with the hobby.

Girlfriend has more TH's and GE's than i do right now :P so i'd say i did a good job at it haha.

I need to unload all the cases of series 4 and 5 cases I got. Lol. Paying an $11,000 credit card bill makes you think more before purchasing in bulk. :/

​Wow, sounds like a lot of work! 

• Like 2

LEGO is why I'll never get married. Or, I'm not getting married because of LEGO. Either way, does it really matter?

​dont view it like that man, they are out there. just find one that believes in you, not your obsession ;)

p.s. dont tell them

Edited by shortyz
  • Like 2

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but WM sent both my orders this week in simple padded envelopes. One of them was squished, I haven't opened the other yet. Prior to this they were using cardboard with air pockets... I guess they are really cheaping out on the packaging in addition to raising the free shipping threshold. 

What did you order? Hopefully I'm not going to receive some Desert Pancakes...

Witch king battle (totally squished) and desert skiff (box slightly damaged but not squished). Unimpressed altogether, but I think I can only complain by returning the items...

Witch king battle (totally squished) and desert skiff (box slightly damaged but not squished). Unimpressed altogether, but I think I can only complain by returning the items...

​I'm only interested in parts so I don't care about squished boxes. If you want to send the parts over here, I would gladly pay cost and shipping!

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but WM sent both my orders this week in simple padded envelopes. One of them was squished, I haven't opened the other yet. Prior to this they were using cardboard with air pockets... I guess they are really cheaping out on the packaging in addition to raising the free shipping threshold. 

​I ordered three Attack on Lake-Town two weeks ago. They left them out in the heavy rain, Boxes and manual were ruined. I returned them even though I could probably have done something with the parts I didn't have the heart for part it out.. 

​I ordered three Attack on Lake-Town two weeks ago. They left them out in the heavy rain, Boxes and manual were ruined. I returned them even though I could probably have done something with the parts I didn't have the heart for part it out.. 

That has nothing to do with walmart though, that's the delivery services issue...

​Ugh sorry to hear that. I've had similar problems with UPS just leaving things outside. Luckily I have 24/7 concierge taking my packages now. Helps justify the apartment price..

That has nothing to do with walmart though, that's the delivery services issue...

For some reason, their delivery instructions (and I hadn't noticed before on other packages) to Canada Post was "leave at door" I had seen on the tracking information when it was out for delivery, while looking at the rain from my office and was silently cursing. 

So the freight company did their job as Walmart asked. Usually Canada Post either leave it in the community mailbox or they card my door..

Anyhow it's no big loss, even if it was a deal I was half regretting it because I wanted to put my money elsewhere :) 

​Guess they must have finally run out of the dishwasher sized boxes they usually use for shipping qty 10 of loose tiny little sets... yeash!

At least thou when Walmart does decide to send something (they usually cancel my orders having no stock after the fact) it arrives in a few days, unlike the giraffe store that takes a month & a half to send something, not that many of their advertised listings last long enough to actually make an order...

​Guess they must have finally run out of the dishwasher sized boxes they usually use for shipping qty 10 of loose tiny little sets... yeash!

I always order quantities matching the content of the official Lego distribution boxes, and Walmart then ship the complete box. For example, if you order Witch King Battles, place orders with a quantity of 8 each.

• Like 2

I always order quantities matching the content of the official Lego distribution boxes, and Walmart then ship the complete box. For example, if you order Witch King Battles, place orders with a quantity of 8 each.

​That works... sometimes, sometimes not quite so much unfortunately.  do we have a thread on unit counts here somewhere?

Picked up my skiffs today. Only had one that got a little squished, otherwise they are all in good shape. even got 3 factory sealed boxes which have 3 in each. :)

​I had wrongly assumed there were 4 per box, I now have a bunch of extra air bags. :)

The list posted above is a good idea, looks like we have to work on filling it up.