Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

If I get the ones I ordered last week I could hook you up with one. I'm guessing shipping will be around $25 though... these things are big.

That would be great, thanks!   (assuming you get them, we can then look at option of shipping with or without the set box if it makes any difference to the cost).

Just by nature of geography it seems those in Eastern Canada were able to get the jump on those creative tower windows of opportunity partly due to the time zone difference.   It just wasn't practical for me to be up and at my computer at 4-5AM trying to catch those darn things.

Is there anyone on here willing to sell me one at cost + shipping (ON/QB ---> AB, depending on how bad that is)?    I just wanted at least one to have for the pieces.

Made you that offer 2 -3 weeks ago ?? didn't  I ?

Just received a sequence of emails from Walmart.ca indicating that all the remaining orders (from their 50% sale) that haven't already been shipped have been cancelled.  "because they will not be available in a timely manner"... oh well, not a surprize I guess...

I just got one for my towers... boooo. Slightly different though.

We have an update on your recent Walmart.ca order #.

We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed.

We're working with our suppliers to get you these items as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we know when your order will be ready.

Any items that are unavailable to be shipped in the next 28 days will be automatically cancelled from your order.

You will only be charged for items in your order when they ship. If you'd prefer to cancel these delayed item(s) or return any other item(s) in this order, please contact customer service at (800) 328-0402.

We are glad you are a Walmart.ca customer, and apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Walmart sucks.

I was in a local wal-mart today.  I scanned an AT-AT set it came up at its regular price of $130.   I scanned a Benny's Spaceship and it came up at $96.
I see the benny ship on the website still listed at 50% off, although out of stock.   And the AT-AT doesn't appear at all.

Was anyone successful at getting Wal-Mart to price match their online site when the online store was OOS?

I was in a local wal-mart today.  I scanned an AT-AT set it came up at its regular price of $130.   I scanned a Benny's Spaceship and it came up at $96.

I see the benny ship on the website still listed at 50% off, although out of stock.   And the AT-AT doesn't appear at all.

Was anyone successful at getting Wal-Mart to price match their online site when the online store was OOS?

It's clearly against their store policy and although it's likely a YMMV ... I personally don't do this and I doubt you'll have much luck. I know my local TRUs will not use your "phone's view" of an item. They will look at in on the PC at customer service for the price match. If they can't find it, they won't price match.

As Gregpj said; it is very YMMV.

Even if you can get them to do it, by what I've heard you need to raise hell, or at least get a manager and argue a bit. That's just not for me, so i don't bother.

If TRU or whomever tells me they won't price match something, that's all i need to hear. I don't like to get worked up over it and make others lives stressful by pushing it. However i have had luck PMing Shelobs at %50 off from LEGO Shop at Home in TRU way back when as they did it without any hassle or even checking if it was in stock.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

There is a easier way to have a manager ok your request, if you've received an order cancellation email message from walmart.ca (assuming you placed the order while it was still live) take that with you & show them the on-line price (it's still listed), because the email usually indicates that it's a time for delivery issue they seem to be more willing than to just do a random price matching. but still ymmv ;-)

Well i ventured into a Walmart i have never been to before as it was near an area my co-worker asked me for a favour on my lunch break.

Managed to scoop up a bunch of sets at great prices:

City Arctic Base Camp - $70

Bat Vs Bane - $20

Malibu Mansion - $30

Olivia's House - $50

The above is all i grabbed, however there was also:

Spider Droid - $20

Mos Eisley Cantina - $50 (out of stock though sadly)

Museum Break in - $50

Many older Chima sets at large discounts, didn't bother checking MSRP.

Many of the $40 range Lego movie sets at $15, but out of stock

This was a terrible looking store/aisle. Everything was everywhere and nothing had price tags in the LEGO section. These seem to be the stores that have these bigger clearances from my experience... My local one in a high income area almost never goes past %20 off.

Doubt every store will have these prices, but figured i'd share my finds! :)

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

Good score Sandwraith!

But from my experience with WM in Montreal, this kind of clearance is strictly store specific, but maybe I need to pay my local WM a visit.

Btw I strongly recommend you go back to this WM and scan every Lego set you can find. I know Lego aisle in WM store is always like a mess, but this kind of place is perfect for finding hiding gem.

Good luck!

Good score Sandwraith!

But from my experience with WM in Montreal, this kind of clearance is strictly store specific, but maybe I need to pay my local WM a visit.

Btw I strongly recommend you go back to this WM and scan every Lego set you can find. I know Lego aisle in WM store is always like a mess, but this kind of place is perfect for finding hiding gem.

Good luck!

You are right .. WM around MTL     never let their LEGO sets go .. they can remain unsold with 10 -20$ off not much more , on the shelf for years .. Never really saw good good deal like Target do .. 30 - 50 -70% at any WM around MTL .. sometimes Hawksburry WM does strange thing and decide to really LIQUIDATE some sets .. this Store is really one of a KIND UNIQUE .. :)

Haha, there was so little on the shelves i think i did check just about everything everything!

But yes many of WM's large clearances are store specific, I've just never found a store that actually did the bigger discounts en masse. It was a WM just north of Pearson Intl in Toronto, Malton i believe,

Walmarts are indeed kind of a potluck at the best of times, part of the fun I guess, the stores are rarely in-sync with the .ca option even - right now one will have the sw planet sets on for $5 & have dozens sitting on the shelf & nothing else on sale (at least nothing that is not always on sale like the Headhunter - gee will this one never disappear?) just not enough to make you want to make the trip & deal with the crazy, while the next Walmart up the street has all the LOTR sets & a few brick towers but no SW sets.  I'm thinking 'cause there's so many Walmarts built so close together now a-days they are working together behind the scenes to keep different stock in different places so you have to check them all out while you're making a sweep...

• Like 1

Just visited a WM in Montreal island this morning, seems yes they are doing some post Xmas clearance. As usual it is store specific and you shouldn't hold too much hope: looks like this clearance started at least last week, if there are real deals then they must have gone.

From top of my head at this store they have:

70164 as $72

70816 as $96

70146 as $100(? not sure)

70145 as ? (can not remember)

Just visited a WM in Montreal island this morning, seems yes they are doing some post Xmas clearance. As usual it is store specific and you shouldn't hold too much hope: looks like this clearance started at least last week, if there are real deals then they must have gone.

From top of my head at this store they have:

70164 as $72

70816 as $96

70146 as $100(? not sure)

70145 as ? (can not remember)

I saw all of those except Benny's (70816) .. 7146 was $110 and 70145 was $88. Didn't bite on any of them...

The only one I bought, for personal, was Ninjago Battle for the City (70728) @ 110. Decent enough for me... Personally, I'm not doing any more Ninjago or Chima. Too much garbage, too many sales, not enough profit. :)