Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

​You got banned from Walmart? For serious? And how do they enforce such a thing?

As lego rules said, it seems that they just cancel your order without explanation. Haven't heard of anyone getting banned for small sets tho and it seems to be for buying the exclusives in large quantities not necessarily in small quantities many times. YMMV as with anything else though...

There is a reason why you've probably read over and over and over on the forums, fly under the damn radar with your purchasing habits.

As lego rules said, it seems that they just cancel your order without explanation. Haven't heard of anyone getting banned for small sets tho and it seems to be for buying the exclusives in large quantities not necessarily in small quantities many times. YMMV as with anything else though...

There is a reason why you've probably read over and over and over on the forums, fly under the damn radar with your purchasing habits.

​Yah, I have. ​Intense. Thanks fellas. Beyond me why they wouldn't want to just let you hand them money. It's Walmart "Clearance". Out of respect to LEGO, or to prevent risk, or just as a way to prevent hoarding so their other customers can get some (though that seems completely out of character haha).

Edit: Maybe also, and more likely, to reduce risk of fraud/chargeback issues. If there's a 10K purchase on CC and it turned out to be stolen, that's a much better hit than if it were $500 like a normal purchase not a crazy LEGO investor purchase.

Edited by Brickson

​Yah, I have. ​Intense. Thanks fellas. Beyond me why they wouldn't want to just let you hand them money. It's Walmart "Clearance". Out of respect to LEGO, or to prevent risk, or just as a way to prevent hoarding so their other customers can get some (though that seems completely out of character haha).

Edit: Maybe also, and more likely, to reduce risk of fraud/chargeback issues. If there's a 10K purchase on CC and it turned out to be stolen, that's a much better hit than if it were $500 like a normal purchase not a crazy LEGO investor purchase.

​I think all of the above... I know if I was running a big company I'd want to a) reduce my risks, b ) make my customers happy and c) probably follow some of the rules the biggest toy company and most powerful brand in the world asks (you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours).

• Like 1

You guys are starting to worry me, I'm gonna have to start using friends and family members credit cards. Lol

I have placed many large orders with Walmart, such as 40 times the same set (during January sales), and I never was banned.

People were apparently banned for ordering high quantities of large exclusive sets though. Better be careful with these.

• Like 1

​Nice find!

Walmart is hiding some items when applying the filter "Clearance", this is seriously misleading... Thanks for letting us know!

​Haha, yeah. Here's how to find them though: Filter by "New Arrivals" and if any show up with ratings in the filters, then those are generally old things they've restocked and discounted. You can also find other below MSRP there: LEGO Lone Ranger - Silver Mine Shootout (79110), LEGO Super Heroes - Superman™: Battle of Smallville (76003).

• Like 1

Walmart listed 109 of Star Wars - Desert Skiff 9496 on its website $25 for anyone interested

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-star-wars-desert-skiff-9496/6000050911507

​Nice find, easy money :D Ordered a couple.

Be sure to use affiliate link for any who have not purchased yet:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&subid=&offerid=283358.1&type=10&tmpid=10699&RD_PARM1=http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-star-wars-desert-skiff-9496/6000050911507

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how to find out how many are left in stock? Tacsniper said there were originally 109, but it lets me put 200 in a cart so I assume that's not the way to find out.

​Add 999 to cart, then click place order *normally people won't have credit limit over in 6 figures and WM should not have 999 in-stock. Once you click place order, WM will check its system and give you an error with how many they have in-stock.

• Like 2

It was about time! Come on guys, we are getting slow and weak, BrickPickers have a reputation to defend. :P

I need to unload all the cases of series 4 and 5 cases I got. Lol. Paying an $11,000 credit card bill makes you think more before purchasing in bulk. :/

I need to unload all the cases of series 4 and 5 cases I got. Lol. Paying an $11,000 credit card bill makes you think more before purchasing in bulk. :/

​Buying bricks is insanely expensive; especially when buy in bulk (5+ on each set)... doesn't help with TRU keep pumping out 20% off with $10 off coupons and all the rare finds lately X_X

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1