Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

Nothing this morning on-line (for my postal code) but they are at the sale price in-stores along with 5-armys (pretty beat-up boxes)

Is the Ghost popular? Was tempted to pick up a few, but then decided to spent that $ on the new Millennium Falcon instead

It's an easy one to pass by based on it's kinda lackluster appearance... but it does have 3 unique minifigs (out of 4) & has a pov of about $150 (Unfortunately there are very few uncommon parts) for a parter-outer it would need to be <$75 cdn after taxes, I doubt it has much potential as a sought after set post-eol. 

So i think i found the reason why my local WM's have had terrible stock recently... Looks like they did a complete overhaul of the LEGO section and probably held back a lot of stock in warehouses until the reset was done. Very TRU-esque, i like it! (pics below for any interested). Not sure if this will happen to all WM's, but this was one fairly far out from the GTA and not a very busy area, so i'd think more would get this treatment.

First time ever seeing the JW sets in store, no spot for RE though, fingers crossed! ;)

For those interested i also found some of the wave 2/3 Jurassic World toys, so these might be showing up at WM's across Canada (S&S Rex, Dilo/Cerata, the die cast models, and the chompers) Grabbed the die cast JP Jeep :D

IMG_4946.thumb.JPG.4dd5fca1c2c7a6743e7e7

IMG_4947.thumb.JPG.877df2eb7efe99da238a1

IMG_4948.thumb.JPG.acaa3ed07b6e6f84f187f

IMG_4949.thumb.JPG.f4b932c3c2725cdb97578

• Like 3

Same here, my local WM threw out all old Lego sets at once and is now stocking it with only the latest sets. Dont know if they will also update the look in the process but it does look nice when looking at those pics. Managed to pick up some 75918 T-rex tracker for half price and some Star Wars sets there as well, so all in all not too shabby.

PS at WM.ca:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&subid=&offerid=283358.1&type=10&tmpid=10699&RD_PARM1=http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-creator-expert-pet-shop-10218/927202

It's been popping in and out the past couple days, not sure if anyone actually wants more of this set, but there it is.

To have such fancy displays, I doubt they will be in every store. Most likely a select few stores for pilot. But looks good though! Very Lego store those big creator sets on display.

You might be right, but i think this is such a good move by them. It looks beautiful... usually the LEGO section is a mess. This made my jaw drop and i actually want to shop here more often if the LEGO section will look like this is more places.

Not to mention the amount of product this allows them to carry seems to be so much more as it spanned across 2 aisles (although not all the way down the aisle).

One of the local Walmart's recently moved a bunch LEGO sets to the "clearance" section. Hulkbuster, Knowehere Escape, Rebels Tie-Advanced and some City stuff.

Of course none of them were at a reduced price (not surprised), but all of the Hulkbusters had a sticker on them saying "Used to be $7.50, now $3.50" I'm assuming this was just a mistake. Does anyone know if WM has to honour the sticker price? It scans at $39.99 obviously, but i don't know much about the rules nor did i really bother to ask.

Somehow i doubt they have to honour it as people could just throw whatever sticker they want on anything and try to get it at sticker price, but i figured i'd ask.

One of the local Walmart's recently moved a bunch LEGO sets to the "clearance" section. Hulkbuster, Knowehere Escape, Rebels Tie-Advanced and some City stuff.

Of course none of them were at a reduced price (not surprised), but all of the Hulkbusters had a sticker on them saying "Used to be $7.50, now $3.50" I'm assuming this was just a mistake. Does anyone know if WM has to honour the sticker price? It scans at $39.99 obviously, but i don't know much about the rules nor did i really bother to ask.

Somehow i doubt they have to honour it as people could just throw whatever sticker they want on anything and try to get it at sticker price, but i figured i'd ask.

There is a pretty good chance that they will. I often bought Lego on clearance where they just put a price sticker on it and where the sets still rang up full price when scanned, the cashiers didn't double check or nothing and just adjusted the price to the one on the sticker.

• Like 1

Legally I believe they are supposed to. Not pertaining to lego or walmart, other stores have honoured pricing mistakes with a similar price difference to me. Worth a try on your part for sure!

• Like 1

I hope they start doing that to my local walmart.  last time I was in there the place looked like a bomb went off.  Actually it has looked that way since christmas.  mostly empty lego shelves, mixing up other lesser brands.  "clearance-ing" sets for 5$ off a 100$ set.  putting random three or four sets in with the bikes and sporting goods.  It's rediculous and whomever manages the toy section should be reassigned to seasonal.  

Welp, add this to my long list of investing regrets...

Those sticker prices were correct.. they added a sign today in the aisle saying "STICKER PRICE IS ACCURATE, DISREGARD SCANNED PRICE" Kicking myself so hard right now. Could have had 10 or so Hulkbusters at $3.50... of course all gone, probably when they put the sign up. Ah well, i chose not to go and delayed too late, i deserved not to get them.

However They still had a ton of sets at %50 off. Rebels Tie Advanced, Rebels Speeder Bikes, Dilop Ambush (shocked to see this, grabbed 1 they had left), Batman Gorilla set, Knowhere Escape, Grevious Wheelbike, Milano, Joker Steam Roller, Anakin's Interceptor, some Chima, and some small Creator sets. Not sure all WM's will put them at %50 off, but i think it's another round of clearance time as all WM's do their resets. 

I was hoping to find some larger sets as i'm not a huge fan of accumulating a lot of small ones; but this is one of the locations that doesn't seem to carry any LEGO over $100.

I'm guessing there was more i didn't see as the whole aisle was a mess and just littered with clearance items.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

Welp, add this to my long list of investing regrets...

Those sticker prices were correct.. they added a sign today in the aisle saying "STICKER PRICE IS ACCURATE, DISREGARD SCANNED PRICE" Kicking myself so hard right now. Could have had 10 or so Hulkbusters at $3.50... of course all gone, probably when they put the sign up. Ah well, i chose not to go and delayed too late, i deserved not to get them.

However They still had a ton of sets at %50 off. Rebels Tie Advanced, Rebels Speeder Bikes, Dilop Ambush (shocked to see this, grabbed 1 they had left), Batman Gorilla set, Knowhere Escape, Grevious Wheelbike, Milano, Joker Steam Roller, Anakin's Interceptor, some Chima, and some small Creator sets. Not sure all WM's will put them at %50 off, but i think it's another round of clearance time as all WM's do their resets. 

I was hoping to find some larger sets as i'm not a huge fan of accumulating a lot of small ones; but this is one of the locations that doesn't seem to carry any LEGO over $100.

I'm guessing there was more i didn't see as the whole aisle was a mess and just littered with clearance items.

Could I learn the location of this WM store?

Btw congratulations on these catches!

Wow! I thought those crazy deals only happened in the usa. I would never have believed it either. too bad... :(

%50 i can believe for sure, the main reason i didn't rush back is because i was positive $3.50 for a $40 set was wrong, i don't think even the US would see a price like that... So i'm still convinced it was a pricing error, either way i didn't take advantage of it :(

Could I learn the location of this WM store?

Btw congratulations on these catches!

Rexdale in the GTA ;) I left pretty much all the above on the shelf minus 1 Tie Advanced and the Dilop Ambush.

%50 i can believe for sure, the main reason i didn't rush back is because i was positive $3.50 for a $40 set was wrong, i don't think even the US would see a price like that... So i'm still convinced it was a pricing error, either way i didn't take advantage of it :(

Rexdale in the GTA ;) I left pretty much all the above on the shelf minus 1 Tie Advanced and the Dilop Ambush.

Thanks Sandwraithx, but I'm in QC.....

soo... how many of us near a Canadian wm stopped by to check anyway, just in-case! :-)

btw, 8" rubber balls are 75% off too...  

Most of my local WM's have these products seemingly ready to be clearanced (thrown into a random aisle with a lot of other junk), but this is the only one that has seemingly started to discount them. If not now then likely soonish at more locations hopefully.

If the price in the system is still full retail, and they have to override the price to discount, something tells me these do not have a reduced price yet, but this location has decided to jump the gun and do it manually.