BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

Ok gang...I just created a store and would like to start listing a few items. I'm at the step where I have to verify my paypal info. I enter my name and paypal address exactly as they appear in my paypal account, and it keeps giving me a red error message to "please check your paypal credentials and make sure they match your paypal account exactly" on the paypal account email line. I've checked and double checked, and keep getting the same message.

Anyone else have this problem when creating an account? Am I missing something? I just read through the entire thread and didn't see anything similar posted. Thank you.

I had the same problem and had to change my name from "matt" to Matthew so it's pretty specific.

Yeah, I'm entering it exactly as it appears in my paypal account info, but still get the message. Does your account show "matt" but it accepted "matthew" since that's your legal name? I'll try "Terrance" instead of "terry" and see what happens. What about your middle initial? My PayPal account shows it so I included it as well.

Well, I've tried about twenty different combinations of my name components (first, middle initial, last, and suffix (I am a "jr")), and all to no avail. Ive tried capital and lower case, as well as punctuation. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked my paypal account info to make sure it matches and it won't go through. Very frustrating. I guess I'll just stick to eBay, bricklink, and craigslist for now. It's too bad because I have some nice used sets that I've rescued from bulk lots that I'd like to offer to fellow pickers. I can sell at a competitive price due to my buy ins being low on them.

I think you were the customer that bought the statue of liberty from us I am glad you received it...I printed the label at the post office and when I was going to update that it had been shipped we had to add the tracking number to update the status...Because the site was still tweaking the payments now the payments have the address so we can print labels through paypal as normal and easily transfer the tracking into Brick Classifieds...I would suggest the option to mark it as shipped even without adding a tracking I did see where I could update the shipping status I do not know if or how you would be notified

Yes, I am.  Thanks for shipping so quickly.  No problem about the lack of info.  Testing out the system is why I ordered.  I assumed there would some sort of automatic shipping notification, and I was surprised I never received one.  Now I need to list something that will sell to test out the seller side.

Well, I've tried about twenty different combinations of my name components (first, middle initial, last, and suffix (I am a "jr")), and all to no avail. Ive tried capital and lower case, as well as punctuation. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked my paypal account info to make sure it matches and it won't go through. Very frustrating. I guess I'll just stick to eBay, bricklink, and craigslist for now. It's too bad because I have some nice used sets that I've rescued from bulk lots that I'd like to offer to fellow pickers. I can sell at a competitive price due to my buy ins being low on them.

Did you try a different browser? I feel like an idiot suggesting this because web development is what I do, but there is a slight chance that maybe something isn't getting transmitted properly from the form using the browser you are on. Browser shouldn't matter, but it's always good to rule it out.

I had trouble getting my PayPal added too but I didn't get the same error. I switched from Chrome to Firefox and it magically worked. I can't begin to explain what circumstances would make that possible, but that's what happened.

God bless these guys for wanting to deal with this and some of you. It is a brand new site and only open a few days and I see one guy throwing a hissy fit that there is no guest mode, then another one shoving it in their face of "too bad you won't get my listings now" instead of offerering to something like "Hey, having an issue with paypal, I will work with you to troubleshoot it"

I think it looks great and so far so good for me. I will be listing some sets very soon.  I had no issue with paypal or the simple registration process.

• Like 2

waddamon is right.

It has already been established that BC has the lowest fees in the business. Those fees come with risk, not having BC back the buyer and seller in dispute. So why would you lower your prices to pass on the fee savings to the customer when you are paying for those savings with risk?

This should become the first place people look for lego deals regardless of price, and should eventually fetch higher prices than other places as it should be the premier place to safely buy from sellers who know what they are doing. Lowering prices is just asking for long term failure for the sellers.

Is Bricklink a failure? People price more fairly there than other sites and they offer the same guarantees we offer.

God bless these guys for wanting to deal with this and some of you. It is a brand new site and only open a few days and I see one guy throwing a hissy fit that there is no guest mode, then another one shoving it in their face of "too bad you won't get my listings now" instead of offerering to something like "Hey, having an issue with paypal, I will work with you to troubleshoot it"

I think it looks great and so far so good for me. I will be listing some sets very soon.  I had no issue with paypal or the simple registration process.

Nobody will ever be able to please everybody.  So far the happy folks far outweigh those that are nitpicking about small things, which is very good since the site is in its infancy.  Most of the constructive criticism has been very helpful to advancing the site in a positive way.  Brickpicker has somewhere around 40k members I think Jeff/Ed said.  If a couple don't find the site to their liking, I don't think it will make that big of a difference in the long run. 

• Like 2

That sounds great, but how many BP members actually meet that criteria? 20? 50? I'm not anti-noob since we all start somewhere, but just about every day we see a post from a new member that asks "what does SaH mean?" or says "I just bought a 7965 for $100 and can't wait to make $500 profit" :exaggeration: Those sellers most definitely don't yet know what they are doing. I expect that once fully live, the BC demographics will be much more like BrickLink. <5% serious sellers, and 95% hobbyists.

I'm 100% supportive of BC, but I think we should temper expectations. A year from now there will be a 100-page BP thread about bad experiences on BC, questionable practices, "too good to be true" deals, etc.

edit: funny, I tried to type S @ H without the spaces and it autocorrects is to "LEGO Shop at Home". I never knew we had autocorrect in this forum. Guess I'm still a bit noob myself

I would be as happy as a pig in poop if we get the same demographics as Bricklink. What is wrong with catering to small time hobbyists?

Don't think Terry was shoving anything in anyones face.  He's a well respected member in my book and offers a lot of good advice.  Think he was just stating for now he can't sign up as it won't take his paypal information.  More of an informative post letting his troubles signing up be known which is something valid to be stated on here so it can be looked into as others might run across it upon signing up.  

• Like 2

I'm not just being a special flower here.

Roughly 26% of consumers will abandon a checkout if required to register first. Eight out of ten top online retailers offer guest checkout. Most of the information you want to collect you will get automatically via the PayPal checkout process.

Creating an account is a hurdle that I don't want to go through for most websites. I lurked here quite awhile before creating an account to post with, and there are websites that I've visited for over a decade and never bothered to create an account on.

Your store, your rules, but at least one bricklinker didn't make a sale last night. Just sayin'...

Oh well...I'm used to registering on sites where money is exchanged. You make it sound like it is so difficult to answer 3 or 4 questions. On these websites you speak of, you have to end up registering anyway if you get email notifications or easily check account history. You eventually registered here...why? Because you had to in order to see the good stuff. I'm confident that registering is a minor issue for most potential customers and that by registering we will be able to track a person's buying history accurately to share with sellers.
  • Like 1

Maybe you should PM Jeff and see if he can help you. Jeff has been working on PayPal issues all week, so he is probably quite adept by now.

Don't think Terry was shoving anything in anyones face.  He's a well respected member in my book and offers a lot of good advice.  Think he was just stating for now he can't sign up as it won't take his paypal information.  More of an informative post letting his troubles signing up be known which is something valid to be stated on here so it can be looked into as others might run across it upon signing up.

Yes, thank you. My post was not meant to "shove it in anyone's face", so I apologize if it was taken that way. The site looks fantastic, and I can't wait to get started on it. I realize that it is only a few days old and there will be bugs to work out. I figured I'd wait a few days and try again. No big deal.

Maybe you should PM Jeff and see if he can help you. Jeff has been working on PayPal issues all week, so he is probably quite adept by now.

I realize that Jeff is a very busy man, so I don't want to bother him with a PM. However, being the outstanding person that he is, he has already sent me a PM to see if he can help. You guys never cease to amaze me with how much time and effort you put into this site.

• Like 1

Did you try a different browser? I feel like an idiot suggesting this because web development is what I do, but there is a slight chance that maybe something isn't getting transmitted properly from the form using the browser you are on. Browser shouldn't matter, but it's always good to rule it out.

I had trouble getting my PayPal added too but I didn't get the same error. I switched from Chrome to Firefox and it magically worked. I can't begin to explain what circumstances would make that possible, but that's what happened.

At first I was on Safari, then I tried chrome. Both kept giving me the same message.

I don't think anybody was using Terry as an instance of shoving anything in people's faces, I know I wasn't referencing him.  Saying you're having issues logging in and complaining that an aspect of a brand new site isn't to your exact specifications are pretty different. 

Yes, thank you. My post was not meant to "shove it in anyone's face", so I apologize if it was taken that way. The site looks fantastic, and I can't wait to get started on it. I realize that it is only a few days old and there will be bugs to work out. I figured I'd wait a few days and try again. No big deal.

I realize that Jeff is a very busy man, so I don't want to bother him with a PM. However, being the outstanding person that he is, he has already sent me a PM to see if he can help. You guys never cease to amaze me with how much time and effort you put into this site.

Jeff and I had a good conversation at work today about all the fixes and new features that will be added. He reads everything in this thread. He might not always respond. I think people need to realize the Classifieds are a week old and much progress has been made and is being made as I type this.

We both listen. There are many things to improve upon and add. Jeff has some really good ideas, but the basic mechanics of the site has to work before we tweak lesser issues. I am very confident that in a few months people will be amazed at the progress on this site.

Li'l help here?... Made a sale, shipped it, have tracking info in hand... when I go to the site I have an indicator at the top of page "1 - following orders are waiting to update shipping".  When I click on that I see the order and invoice... but no field to update shipping.  I've been clicking around my seller dashboard for a half-hour now.  I found one spot where I could see the order status as "active", and could click to make it "inactive"... but that's about it.  Where do I update shipping status and  input tracking info?

Li'l help here?... Made a sale, shipped it, have tracking info in hand... when I go to the site I have an indicator at the top of page "1 - following orders are waiting to update shipping".  When I click on that I see the order and invoice... but no field to update shipping.  I've been clicking around my seller dashboard for a half-hour now.  I found one spot where I could see the order status as "active", and could click to make it "inactive"... but that's about it.  Where do I update shipping status and  input tracking info?

Go to your "Orders" page  then look here

bp_1421081417__2015-01-12_11-49-07.jpeg

This week I will be working on some documentation/blog tutorials for using the system.

• Like 1

This isn't a big thing but THANKS for having the 'track package' link redirect to the carrier website instead of creating your own internal system like Amazon.  I dislike that Amazon, and now eBay, only show you part of the shipping information.

The shipping notification will get more detailed and include the items that have been shipped with more information.

Jeff-

I have a notification of an email in my inbox but there is nothing there.  I got an email from Mos Eisley a long time ago and it seems to think it's still there.  We were running a test to see if the email was working as I think he was having issues with it.  I have cleared all messages out of even the trash can.  Maybe I just need to clear cookies to see if that gets rid of it.

• Like 1

I know there are many priority things to do right now, but the photo upload needs to be addressed at some point.  Unless we specifically set a photo to a particular scale, it gets cut off when it is uploaded.  It would be great if it is automatically scale it for us.  Thanks.