BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

Today when I went to list a new item the image upload won't work.  I choose the image from my computer, but when it is done uploading, I see a long string of numbers or it says "product image".  When I click the text it says the image path isn't right.  I previewed the listing and the image can't be found.  I tried in both Firefox and Safari with the same result.  Any ideas?

Also, when I click on the Order ID under "Recent sales/transactions" I get an invoice from Jan 1, 1970 with no item and no price.  Clicking on Sales in the upper right works fine.

Thanks

My image won't upload either. Tried from a pc and from an iphone, same result. The listing is live but the image is broken. 

Finally trying this, interested to see how it goes. 

edit - tried uploading from mac, still no good. Pic is not too big. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by marcandre

I posted some advertising on the Reddit LEGO page.  Only received one comment so far of people thinking items are too expensive. 

bp_1423665890__2015-02-11_09-42-33.png

Here is a chance for some of you if you have a reddit account to go there and speak nicely and positively about the marketplace to get the eyes there interested in the marketplace.  If people see that one negative comment, it won't help much.  As Ron Burgundy says..."Keep it classy San Diego".  If they see positive feedback, they will come in and give it a shot and get more eyes on your products.

http://www.reddit.com/comments/2vgvu3/buy_and_sell_lego_at_brick_classifieds_no_fees/

Also, I just noticed that there is a discrepancy between the emailed shipping address and the one shown in the order.  The email appears to be missing part of the address.

Order page:

Sheffield,South Yorkshire S36 2QB

United Kingdom

Email:

South Yorkshire United Kingdom-S36 2QB

I also notice missing info on the shipping address.  I had to log into paypal to get the complete address.

I posted some advertising on the Reddit LEGO page.  Only received one comment so far of people thinking items are too expensive. 

Here is a chance for some of you if you have a reddit account to go there and speak nicely and positively about the marketplace to get the eyes there interested in the marketplace.  If people see that one negative comment, it won't help much.  As Ron Burgundy says..."Keep it classy San Diego".  If they see positive feedback, they will come in and give it a shot and get more eyes on your products.

http://www.reddit.com/comments/2vgvu3/buy_and_sell_lego_at_brick_classifieds_no_fees/

Well I guess we won't be advertising there anymore.   No one showed any support for it and most thought the prices were a ripoff.

I am trying to get to the bottom of the Paypal Shipping Label issue. If any of your vendors that sold something recently can PM me a transaction ID or two so that I can send to them, I would appreciate it.  This is for people who usually see the tools for creating a shipping address in Paypal.  

(on reddit)...   No one showed any support for it and most thought the prices were a ripoff.

I just posted a comment on reddit about a pretty good deal I got on BC.  Then it made me think... at least for now... in the "early days" on BC... it might be nice to have a a headline banner, or stock ticker, or even just a basic list or something on the opening page of BC showing 10 or so of the recent sales... maybe right below the search box or something... something like "Technic 8222 V-TOL just sold for $25 by AFOLTRADER... Helicarrier 76042 just sold for $350 by Carolina Cats... 76003 Battle for Smallville just sold for $28 by Bricks To Go..."  ... wouldn't have to list every sale.  Maybe you could handpick a few each day, just to show first time visitors there are deals to be found if they just look.

I just posted a comment on reddit about a pretty good deal I got on BC.  Then it made me think... at least for now... in the "early days" on BC... it might be nice to have a a headline banner, or stock ticker, or even just a basic list or something on the opening page of BC showing 10 or so of the recent sales... maybe right below the search box or something... something like "Technic 8222 V-TOL just sold for $25 by AFOLTRADER... Helicarrier 76042 just sold for $350 by Carolina Cats... 76003 Battle for Smallville just sold for $28 by Bricks To Go..."  ... wouldn't have to list every sale.  Maybe you could handpick a few each day, just to show first time visitors there are deals to be found if they just look.

I agree. I started a sidebar widget a while ago.  I will finish that up and list good deals as they are sold.

Please if anyone out there has a few transaction ids to send me, I would appreciate it.  I get different transaction IDs than all of you do, so I don't have them recorded.  They are trying to see the relation between the site and your accounts to figure out why the paypal shipping feature is not enabled on their end.

• Like 1

Cool... I also think it will add to the legitimacy of the site.  Whenever I go to a website I've never seen before - a site where they are selling stuff - the first thing I ask myself is, "Is this for real? ... Are real people actually buying anything here? ... Is it safe?" A list of recent sales would make me trust the site more.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO GREGPJ FOR FIXING THE PAYPAL SHIPPING ISSUE. IT WAS QUICK AND PAINLESS BUT FRESH EYES AND A FRESH MIND PREVAILED!!!!!!  REALLY PAYPAL SUPPORT DIDN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION WITH GREAT SCREENSHOTS.

GREGPJ PICKED UP THAT THE ISSUE MAY BE THAT THE TRANSACTIONS WERE BEING SENT AS PERSONAL PAYMENTS AND NOT GOODS.  I UPDATED THAT CALL AND DID A TEST TRANSACTION BETWEEN ED AND MYSELF AND WHAMMO!  YOU CAN SEE IN THE IMAGE BELOW THAT THE LINKS ARE THERE TO DO SHIPPING.  I HOPE THIS SOLVES THE ISSUE FOR EVERYONE.

THANKS GREGPJ!!!!!!!

2015-02-19_15-54-16.png

These links will probably only show up for new transactions.  I am pretty sure it won't fix previous ones.

• Like 4

http://www.reddit.com/user/kalabash

see his post under "So there really are no jobs". Of course it is too rich for his blood

"Started out at $9.25 an hour and now make $11.50 an hour as a shift manager. It's not beaucoup money, but it would be more than enough.

After I get off from there (I only work there morning shifts), I head to the local university where I work as a janitor. It's as fulfilling as one would expect, but it's a state university which means I'm a state employee. That job is the first one I've ever had (going on three decades of life) that offered paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, guaranteed hours, and employer-paid top-tier insurance premiums. It pays exactly $1,907 per month"