BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

• 3 weeks later...

Have searched this thread, but can't find any mention of whether anyone has asked about the ability to trade items?  I want to even some of my Mixels S2 sets - get rid of some Flurr, Lunk, Chomly etc, and trade for some Slumbo, Balk etc etc.

Is BC going to be able to offer some kind of mechanism like this - I've used Heatware as a rating system before, and would happily ship first to an established trader.  A way of posting a listing and have people contact us would allow us to choose who to trade with.

Or does BC charge a commission for each listing based on sale price?

Have searched this thread, but can't find any mention of whether anyone has asked about the ability to trade items?  I want to even some of my Mixels S2 sets - get rid of some Flurr, Lunk, Chomly etc, and trade for some Slumbo, Balk etc etc.

Is BC going to be able to offer some kind of mechanism like this - I've used Heatware as a rating system before, and would happily ship first to an established trader.  A way of posting a listing and have people contact us would allow us to choose who to trade with.

Or does BC charge a commission for each listing based on sale price?

Next week there will be a new Want Ad feature put on the site that will allow people to list items that they are looking for, where they are willing to buy it from, condition, price range, etc.  Sellers will then be able to "bid" for your business.  You can look at the items they are offering, deal with them and then you will award your sale to the vendor you want to do business with.   This will also launch a manual order feature as well.

The Brick Trader feature that is found here on Brickpicker will probably go away, from what I can read, it may not be made upgradeable to the new v4.0 of the forum software, so it would have to go sooner or later.  Will an actual trade feature make its way into classifieds, well it just might, but it still needs to be developed.

• Like 3

I received a few messages about the concern of Brick Trader.  I am happy that you like it.  This is not something that will just go away forever, it will eventually just not be on Brickpicker.  This feature is just a simple app that was a plugin for the forum and it works good enough for the most part. Once we migrate to the updated forum, it seems like the Trader app will not be able to upgrade along with it.  Brickpicker is not really about running your business here, it is meant as a deal and information site and that is what it will continue to improve upon.  Brick Classifieds will continue to be enhanced and become where you will do all your business and build your profile, etc. We will also try to work out some feature that will add points from Brick Trader to your Brick Classifieds Trade Profile. I will always try my best to make sure that your efforts do not just get washed away.  In the meantime, just use it as you normally would, this will not happen for weeks yet.

• 1 month later...

How do I view a buyers feedback?

​That's a good question.. If the buyer has left you feedback, you can view the feedback and then find their profile by clicking on their name in the "Reviewed by ABC" part. Then on the left side it has a "Feedback" option.

But I don't see anywhere that you can find their profile until they leave you feedback.

How would you view a buyers feedback if they've never left you feedback? I can't see any way to find the buyer's profile until they've left feedback. It shows me the person's name, but doesn't provide any links to the buyer's profile except in the transaction review they leave for you the seller.

• 2 weeks later...

I am unable to upload photos again. Trying to post y-wing. 

​Is the image big enough? If you want to email me the image at [email protected], i will log in to see if I can upload that image to your listing.  We have had a lot of new listings over the past few days and they all have photos.  I am not getting any error messages about this either.  Let me try to help and see what the issue is.

​Is the image big enough? If you want to email me the image at jeff@brickpicker.com, i will log in to see if I can upload that image to your listing.  We have had a lot of new listings over the past few days and they all have photos.  I am not getting any error messages about this either.  Let me try to help and see what the issue is.

​Thanks Jeff. Pic is 2.3 MB just an iphone pic. Posted all my other listings like that.

Will try again tomorrow. No time for it right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I've been trying to click on the Brick Classifieds want ads section links and individual recent listings that are on the forum page, and each link leads back to the Brickpicker forums. 

​That has happened to me too.  

1. Click brick classifieds.

2. Close the linked brickpicker redirected brick classifieds window

3. Click on classifieds again from the original page.  

That works for me.

​That has happened to me too.  

1. Click brick classifieds.

2. Close the linked brickpicker redirected brick classifieds window

3. Click on classifieds again from the original page.  

That works for me.

​This just happened to you in the last hour or in the past?

It has happened to me in the past. And it is doing it to me right now.

​So every image you click it take you back to the forum?  I just went down the list and clicked each one and it opened a new tab and to the listing.  I am not saying it isn't happening because obviously there are multiple people having the issue.  I am just trying to learn how, when, what it is exactly doing.

​This just happened to you in the last hour or in the past?

​It has happened to me for the last few weeks.  Click on the classifieds banner on the left of the home page.  Every time the new window will show brickclassifieds, but then forward on to the brickpicker home page.  If I close this new window and click again, then it will open the brickclassifieds normally.

I haven't paid attention to how much time has to elapse for the sequence to trigger again because I normally use a direct link which works fine.

Using Mac safari.