BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

Only thing is the "everywhere" you`re taking an educated guess with that one to an extent. Canada Post just hiked there prices again in month, meaning it`s going to cost even more to ship internationally. I have my 2 listings listed as shipping anywhere for now, as that`s what I`ve done on Bricklink and Ebay, but the cost factor might detour some buyers over seas.

You know you can delete that everywhere else row right? The little grey X on the right deletes it. Then you can add back individual countries. EBay works much the same.

For my listings I've been saying only to Canada and US for now. There can be a big jump between the US and anywhere else.

• Like 1

You know you can delete that everywhere else row right? The little grey X on the right deletes it. Then you can add back individual countries. EBay works much the same.

For my listings I've been saying only to Canada and US for now. There can be a big jump between the US and anywhere else.

Yes, I noticed that, but it`s too time consuming to specify individual countries and search the shipping rates for them. I just listed an estimate for now, probably a bit high for several places. I know we have members here all over the world, so if for some reason someone wants to buy from me I`m happy to ship to them. I suppose if they end up paying me too much for shipping, I just can refund the difference through PayPal. Might specify that in my listings now that I think of it. 

I hear what you`re saying about Canada and the US, I`ve shipped a lot internationally on Bricklink though, 1/3-1/2 of my sales thus far, easily that much. Sure most of the BP`ers are domestic, and it`s a very different setting in terms of demographic, but I`m happy to ship almost anywhere provided Canada Post will, and the terms of the sale are properly set (i.e. no refunds from places that take 6-10weeks to arrive). Stuff like that is insane, it`s all final sale if it`s leaving the continent as far as I`m concerned. 

Anyway, going off topic haha. All in all though the Classifieds look great thus far IMHO, obviously haven`t sold anything yet given that I just posted the 2 listings, but still. Very nice. I`ll figure out what to do with the "everywhere" feature to try and get the prices more accurate, and if I just dump it and decide to ship to only a handful of places, that just might work out instead. Thanks for that reply though. Kudos!

Yes, I noticed that, but it`s too time consuming to specify individual countries and search the shipping rates for them. I just listed an estimate for now, probably a bit high for several places. I know we have members here all over the world, so if for some reason someone wants to buy from me I`m happy to ship to them. I suppose if they end up paying me too much for shipping, I just can refund the difference through PayPal. Might specify that in my listings now that I think of it. 

I hear what you`re saying about Canada and the US, I`ve shipped a lot internationally on Bricklink though, 1/3-1/2 of my sales thus far, easily that much. Sure most of the BP`ers are domestic, and it`s a very different setting in terms of demographic, but I`m happy to ship almost anywhere provided Canada Post will, and the terms of the sale are properly set (i.e. no refunds from places that take 6-10weeks to arrive). Stuff like that is insane, it`s all final sale if it`s leaving the continent as far as I`m concerned. 

Anyway, going off topic haha. All in all though the Classifieds look great thus far IMHO, obviously haven`t sold anything yet given that I just posted the 2 listings, but still. Very nice. I`ll figure out what to do with the "everywhere" feature to try and get the prices more accurate, and if I just dump it and decide to ship to only a handful of places, that just might work out instead. Thanks for that reply though. Kudos!

I know Jeff has been working on a shipping calculator rather than fixed cost shipping.. I'm hoping that it takes care of the "Everywhere Else" scenario.

With your BL, how are you shipping internationally? I.e. what method? The one thing that was a bummer about making a sale through Brick Classifieds is that I couldn't print the label through PayPal. I saw the payment for goods & services, but the option to print a label wasn't there. With eBay or sending someone a paypal invoice, you get the option to print a Canada Post label right in PayPal. Their label printing service is about 1000x better than Canada Post's "ship in a click" piece of crap service. You can't purchase all of the same options for the Expedited Parcel "business" option with ship-in-a-click (and no discount).

I've been forgetting to get Jeff's take on this. Jeff, if you're reading this .. do you have any idea why PayPal might prevent us from using their label printing service when paid through a BC payment? It may very well be a Canada Post/PayPal thing as Canada Post gives a 9% discount on shipping when you print with PayPal for an eBay sale. I could have sworn that I got the same discount when using the PayPal send an invoice feature though... maybe it has changed.

I'm in the same boat with International shipping. I'd be happy to create a quote, but it would be far too time consuming to create a cost for each country on each listing.

Jeff/Ed

Is there a way for buyers to filter out products that won't ship internationally or to their country?

Concerning the bogo promo. I noticed my products using the promo have the blue bogo icon on them. It says "Buy 5 Get 1". I know this is a bit anal but can you add "Free" under?

edit: also is there a way to indicate that your item is available for international shipping without putting in a price? I've just been stating that in description.

Edited by pstebbing

Just a note when I go to add tags to my item as I am posting it...

This may just be me but I go as follows for example

LEGO, STAR WARS, R2-D2, 10225

Or any similar style.

When I put the comma it turns it to a keyword.

When i get to the last one to add for instance 10225, when I type it I get suggested below like 10225x1 but if I pick it the tag goes to 10225x1 as my tag which I just want 10225, so instead I put a comma after the 10225 and it turns it to the tag....

So then I am done but it seems to add the keyword again unhighlighted like I am trying to add an additional tag and I have to erase the unhighlighted tag as I do not want an additional tag.  Has anyone else ran into this?  Perhaps I am not adding the tag properly?

Just a note when I go to add tags to my item as I am posting it...

This may just be me but I go as follows for example

LEGO, STAR WARS, R2-D2, 10225

Or any similar style.

When I put the comma it turns it to a keyword.

When i get to the last one to add for instance 10225, when I type it I get suggested below like 10225x1 but if I pick it the tag goes to 10225x1 as my tag which I just want 10225, so instead I put a comma after the 10225 and it turns it to the tag....

So then I am done but it seems to add the keyword again unhighlighted like I am trying to add an additional tag and I have to erase the unhighlighted tag as I do not want an additional tag.  Has anyone else ran into this?  Perhaps I am not adding the tag properly?

I saw that and that was probably a bug. It was like the cache for auto-fill was not cleared completely after the suggested word was ignored.  It was not a big deal for me though.

I saw that and that was probably a bug. It was like the cache for auto-fill was not cleared completely after the suggested word was ignored.  It was not a big deal for me though.

Thanks for confirming it was just not me.  I agree it is no problem to work around just thought it may want to be noted for a long term fix list.

I will get back to answer some of these other questions in a bit, but this is not a bug.  

Check out the TAGS page and you will probably get it:

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/tags

When you type a tag like 'lego' you will see LEGO x 287, that means that there are 287 listings with the TAG of LEGO.  It will help you to attach your listing to other listings so that yours will be found with those other listings.  It is a great way to help people drill down to certain items, especially if you have rare/unique items to sell like ComicCon sets.  LEGO, STAR WARS, SDCC, 2014, etc......

• Like 1

I will get back to answer some of these other questions in a bit, but this is not a bug.  

Check out the TAGS page and you will probably get it:

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/tags

When you type a tag like 'lego' you will see LEGO x 287, that means that there are 287 listings with the TAG of LEGO.  It will help you to attach your listing to other listings so that yours will be found with those other listings.  It is a great way to help people drill down to certain items, especially if you have rare/unique items to sell like ComicCon sets.  LEGO, STAR WARS, SDCC, 2014, etc......

Jeff,

That all makes since.  The only thing is when I pick LEGO x 287, it shows the tag added as LEGO x 287.

Does the x 287 drop off at some point if I were to save the listing?

That is why I have not picked them as I did not want the x qty to be part of the tag.

Or am I thinking about it wrong?

Jeff,

That all makes since.  The only thing is when I pick LEGO x 287, it shows the tag added as LEGO x 287.

Does the x 287 drop off at some point if I were to save the listing?

That is why I have not picked them as I did not want the x qty to be part of the tag.

Or am I thinking about it wrong?

You are looking at it wrong.  It is just a count, nothing more.  The TAG itself is just the word.  The 287 will soon be 350, then 1000, then 5000, etc.  It will help you pick tags that are popular for your item to show up in different types of searches.  Its early now, but I have a lot of cool items for TAGS as time goes on.  Tags are basically just a different way to do categories without a set category structure.  That is why anything LEGO related can be posted. Doesn't need to fit into a specific theme.

• Like 1

Jeff.

How do I offer a shipping discount if someone buys more than one of an item?

I have one item set at $2 shipping, but want to offer a discount off the shipping if they purchase more than one.

they said that they added (2) items to cart and the shipping shows up as $4.

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 1

Guest JazzyJeffie

Dear Jeff and/or Ed -<br /><br />I posted my 1st two (2) listings, Brick Classifieds is looking good so far.<br />Here are some comments, hoping I can contribute ideas to your awesome enhancements in the future:<br /><br /><br /> 1. The 'Back' button, when pressed accidentally while the cursor is not selected, goes to the previous page and loses my progress (I had to redo my listing 3 times). Can that potential problem be solved, by possibly saving an unfinished listing, and making it available in a sort of DRAFT stage?<br /> 2. The Badges would also be helpful, if Facebook Group links (to trade references) and Feedback threads from other forums can also be added. I keep all my forum trade references links, and would love to show that off - as it will add to my potential buyer's peace of mind. Being able to display eBay profile alone kind of does not tell the entire story<br /><br /><br />Thanks in advance for your time in reading through this, and I hope someone buys my stuff soon! :)<br/>

Question and a comment:

Is there a way to go on vacation and suspend all listings?

I noticed in the Policies tab that return paragraph breaks do not carry over into the formatting on the listing.  When I manually add 2 html line break tags, then my formatting appears correct on my product pages.

Question and a comment:

Is there a way to go on vacation and suspend all listings?

I noticed in the Policies tab that return paragraph breaks do not carry over into the formatting on the listing.  When I manually add 2 html line break tags, then my formatting appears correct on my product pages.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/12888-brick-classifieds-beta-feedback-and-questions/page-8#entry409992

:)

Guest JazzyJeffie

My Brick Classifieds account says I have 2 messages but I can't view them (see screenshot).85a22edb79c1f9cbb9e2dff2d0e2af96.jpg

I already tried the following:

- Sign out and back in

- Restart my iPad via Home+Power way

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Jeff. Same request as JazzyJeffie. In my case I think you might remember what the issue is. To recap. ..spam.

I think the counter still counted them as being in the inbox even though there are no messages in there.

**edit**

I have one legit message in my BC email. Inbox shows (3) unread

Edited by pstebbing

Question about currency.  My store is listed in USD.  My first order was from someone in GB.  The order summary email shows the total to the buyer in pounds.  I received the payment in USD.  It's the correct amount, but my question is:  did the buyer think they could pay in pounds and get stuck with a PayPal conversion fee in checkout?    There doesn't appear to be an option to select accepted currencies in the "get paid" settings link.  I don't want buyers to be misled - showing them prices in GBP but switching to USD at checkout.  Can we have an option to allow payment in buyer's (PayPal supported) local currency?

Thanks!

Also, I just noticed that there is a discrepancy between the emailed shipping address and the one shown in the order.  The email appears to be missing part of the address.

Order page:

Sheffield,South Yorkshire S36 2QB

United Kingdom

Email:

South Yorkshire United Kingdom-S36 2QB

Can we get a "save" button on Edit Product?  Right now the only way to save is to "preview", but I'm finding that rather time consuming.  (page loads are a little slow tonight).  For example on the eBay imports, I don't really need to preview every single product.  Just save changes and have the page return to the product list so I can edit the next one.   Thanks.