BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

If I didn't give people the option to enter in multiple address just like Amazon does or like eBay does, then people would be screaming that I don't give them that option.  A confirmed PayPal address really doesn't confirm anything.  Do a search on google, or read the paypal forums, there are fraud issues everywhere, even with confirmed addresses.  This is why we have a feedback system much like eBay to help build confidence.  

Ok take a deep breath... We are happy with our first sale and as all others just getting a feel for how it all works....I did receive your payment 12.99 through paypal...There is no shipping address included with the payment and it says sender is unverified and not eligible for seller protection

This is a problem for several reasons:

1. Selling a high ticket set you need the item to show as eligible for seller protection through paypal to protect yourself The feedback system is nice but  a small consolation after losing a 200+ dollar set and having no leg to stand on in a paypal dispute

2. I would not sell anything more than 60 or so until I could at least have the option to ship to a confirmed Paypal address That is me personally

3. Of course there are many ways to get scammed when selling online there is no reason for paypal to not be getting the shipping address with payment which along with signature confirmation is one of the only secure ways to ship an expensive set.

4. Convenience, Getting payments in paypal and being able to look at the shipping address in paypal is very important as I stated earlier to be able to use paypal shipping tools and multi order shipping...It may be ok for a couple orders a week taking the item to the PO but if anyone is really trying to sell multiple items per day they are going to want to be able to access the Address in paypal this should not be hard and is standard for almost all paypal payments..>Even for sites with a lot less functionality and slickness as yours Which is Great and Incredibly easy to post on...

5. Why would you not want  add that level of seller protection and ease which is standard across the internet? which is a s simple as the paypal checkout including the option for the buyer to enter there preferred shipping address which is 9 times out of 10 verified and 10 times out of 10 will help in a dispute.

Very happy with the sale I am going to look into the backend of BC to see the info I need to ship then I will either have to manually post this into paypal or write it on a package which i have not done in years.

I will report back with what I find in the backend. I understand this is still a work in progress and can still not be more thrilled. THANKS

Edited by Brickshopper
  • Like 1

Ok take a deep breath... We are happy with our first sale and as all others just getting a feel for how it all works....I did receive your payment 12.99 through paypal...There is no shipping address included with the payment and it says sender is unverified and not eligible for seller protection

This is a problem for several reasons:

1. Selling a high ticket set you need the item to show as eligible for seller protection through paypal to protect yourself The feedback system is nice but  a small consolation after losing a 200+ dollar set and having no leg to stand on in a paypal dispute

2. I would not sell anything more than 60 or so until I could at least have the option to ship to a confirmed Paypal address That is me personally

3. Of course there are many ways to get scammed when selling online there is no reason for paypal to not be getting the shipping address with payment which along with signature confirmation is one of the only secure ways to ship an expensive set.

4. Convenience, Getting payments in paypal and being able to look at the shipping address in paypal is very important as I stated earlier to be able to use paypal shipping tools and multi order shipping...It may be ok for a couple orders a week taking the item to the PO but if anyone is really trying to sell multiple items per day they are going to want to be able to access the Address in paypal this should not be hard and is standard for almost all paypal payments..>Even for sites with a lot less functionality and slickness as yours Which is Great and Incredibly easy to post on...

5. Why would you not want  add that level of seller protection and ease which is standard across the internet? which is a s simple as the paypal checkout including the option for the buyer to enter there preferred shipping address which is 9 times out of 10 verified and 10 times out of 10 will help in a dispute.

Very happy with the sale I am going to look into the backend of BC to see the info I need to ship then I will either have to manually post this into paypal or write it on a package which i have not done in years.

I will report back with what I find in the backend. I understand this is still a work in progress and can still not be more thrilled. THANKS

One way to really irritate the heck out of me is to tell me to take a breath when I wasn't even excited.  

I spent 3 hours on the phone with paypal as well as going back and forth via email with them since 6 am this morning to try and figure out their issue.  They are getting the information but they need to adjust something with their profiles on their end.

• Like 1

I of course did not mean to irritate you...and I was not even specifically meaning for you take take a breath...I mean that I had a long post and that me the buyer and you could all relax a little knowing the checkout process worked and we were able to complete our first sale. I thought I would be helping to post issues and concerns with the first sale especially those that would give me a ceiling of items to post nothing higher than I would be willing to lose...
I thought this was the beta and I may be able to help by giving suggestions as we all work together to tweak the bugs.....I am a little less enthused now but still incredibly impress with the format you have created and no way I meant my post to. Should I not post here or what exactly should i do or did wrong. Good luck with the paypal support and thanks for all the time energy and sanity you devote to the site and its members. I did see in the backend the sale had not generated a fee/commision for the BC yet...  Thx

Look of course I appreciate feedback, it is needed, but if you read through the forum, this issue has been going on since it opened.  There have been quite a few transactions with people reporting this issue, that is why I have been on this all day, but I am at the mercy of Paypal tech right now.

You opened your post with "Take a deep breath"... I am not sure how I or anyone else would take it

I am sorry that you are not as enthused anymore, maybe you will become so ago in time as I fix and enhance.  It is only day 3 there is a long road ahead with more features and things I have not had a chance to activate yet or not the right time to do so.

You can spend some time on the Support site that we announced in the opening post of this thread.  http://support.brickclassifieds.com  It may answer some of your questions as to why there was no fee/commission for BC yet.

ok thanks...I am sorry for my poor choice of words...I was really just trying to help and was trying to respectfully disagree with the fact that paypal getting the shipping address is an important feature especially for it to have the chance to be eligible for seller protection. Looks like this is something you are already working on ..I did not know this has been discussed I did bring it up once before and I will definitely check out the support thread you have linked me to...

Thanks for taking the time to deal with all the issues...I lied I am still completely stoked about the site.I am incredibly impressed with the layout and how easy it is to copy and post another item so quickl.y The layout everything is great and you can tell it too a lot of work.

I appreciate the site and cant wait to post more items mainly to help get Brick classifieds going and help with the initial bugs and to promote brickpicker as a whole...I prefer to work with the site that has helped me along the way and helped me find great deals and try to give back

I am sorry my post was taken wrong I tried to make good points should have left out the first part...In the end I hope it works out because ease of checkout, shipping convenience and paypal seller protection would be very important factors for me going forward and I am sure others.

Thanks again and please dont be mad at me > I am sorry if none of this came across in my post :)

I have added several links on some of my other sites and venues that link directly to my Brickclassifieds store front and look forward to promoting both BP and BC,,, Are we allowed to have a thread in BP forum to promote advertise our stores when we list new items etc...?

Believe me, no one is mad, especially me.  Everyone has been helpful and offering great suggestions, bugs, etc.  If I don't respond directly to anyone's post, it does not mean that we have ignored it or haven't seen it. We are taking it all in.

I have not starting any marketing campaigns or anything yet personally.  Too early and need to get some of these issues squared away first before I really go out there to get traffic.  Payment is a pretty big thing and I truly hope by tomorrow the address thing will resolved.  I appreciate that you are putting links out there to get it going and soon I hope to encourage a lot of vendors to do so.  In time we will create little widgets to put in your forum signatures and I will be showing listings from Brick Classifieds on Brickpicker.

• Like 1

I have not signed up yet for an account but I have searched the knowledge base and this thread.

In the unlikely event that I sell something to someone in my state...

How do I charge them tax. Do we send invoices manually for now on the entire order and I add it in or do I send a second invoice with tax and have them pay?

I was thinking since it said you are committing to buy that perhaps we generate the person a PayPal invoice for the order.

Thanks...

I have not signed up yet for an account but I have searched the knowledge base and this thread.

In the unlikely event that I sell something to someone in my state...

How do I charge them tax. Do we send invoices manually for now on the entire order and I add it in or do I send a second invoice with tax and have them pay?

I was thinking since it said you are committing to buy that perhaps we generate the person a PayPal invoice for the order.

Thanks...

I will talk with Ed about it, but honestly, our vision of this setup was to not get that involved.  You list items, buyers come and see your price/shipping, they pay, you ship.  If its simple for buyers, more will come.  There are no invoices to send users.  If they like, they buy, you get the money.

I will talk with Ed about it, but honestly, our vision of this setup was to not get that involved.  You list items, buyers come and see your price/shipping, they pay, you ship.  If its simple for buyers, more will come.  There are no invoices to send users.  If they like, they buy, you get the money.

Thanks Sorry

Unfortunately I have to charge tax to my state on any one that would purchase from me.

Of my transactions a very small percentage in 2014 about 10 of them were to my state.

Sometimes I wish eBay had a block any buyers that would ship to selective states so I could avoid the issue myself.

Keep in mind that at least in my state it is based on where it ships to not the billing address of the buyer.

If there was an option that we list the state and we list the percentage and you all multiply the sell price times the percentage or even we type the actual tax amount in for people shipping to a certain state I could hand compute the tax and fill it in and then if the ship to location would equal the one I specify you all would add it on when they go to pay.

I appreciate you at least considering options whether you choose to implement something or not.

Thanks Sorry

Unfortunately I have to charge tax to my state on any one that would purchase from me.

Of my transactions a very small percentage in 2014 about 10 of them were to my state.

Sometimes I wish eBay had a block any buyers that would ship to selective states so I could avoid the issue myself.

Keep in mind that at least in my state it is based on where it ships to not the billing address of the buyer.

If there was an option that we list the state and we list the percentage and you all multiply the sell price times the percentage or even we type the actual tax amount in for people shipping to a certain state I could hand compute the tax and fill it in and then if the ship to location would equal the one I specify you all would add it on when they go to pay.

I appreciate you at least considering options whether you choose to implement something or not.

you can "eat" the tax in your price if you so choose

Let me get things squared away on the site, there are a lot more important things I need to get to for now and like Bold-Arrow said, for the small amount you might do in the beginning you can cushion your tax with the 0% commission we are charging.

you can "eat" the tax in your price if you so choose

In reality yes your correct and then on a $300 R2 I'd be absorbing 6% or $18 which would be a good percentage.  It is not a show stopper but it is a concern to voice.

Technically though one of my CPA's is a former State Tax Auditor and when I reviewed everything when I got serious about resales, the official advice for my state is you must have in your records for each transaction a invoice showing the Sell price and a separate line item for applicable tax.

I am not asking for Jeff or Ed for anything like that I can make up invoices for my records but I would hope not to have to eat the tax or raise my prices to cover tax.

Let me get things squared away on the site, there are a lot more important things I need to get to for now and like Bold-Arrow said, for the small amount you might do in the beginning you can cushion your tax with the 0% commission we are charging.

Jeff thanks for putting it on a future to consider list.  Appreciate your time.

Anyone willing to answer...

How do I acquire the eBay badge.  I also sell there.

After clicking the "My Shop" option at the top of the main page, scroll down on the green tabs on the right to the last one, labelled "Your Badges". Enter a link to your eBay account and hit apply.

Thanks.  The application allowed me to add the badge.

When do the listings update with the new information?

I think Jeff has to approve it (by making sure the link is valid).  I'm sure you will see it update soon.  I applied for one about an hour ago and he already made the change!

Impressed at the amount of work done for this website.

Thanks to all the participants.

Jeff and other the players, how long have you been building this?

I have not looked at a line of your code so this might sound like a dumb question.

Did you construct this from scratch or did you use something like jquery, bootstrap or others?

Is the Brick Classifieds Support Forum up yet? I'm having issues signing in. I've attempted BrickPicker and Brick Classifieds login information. 

You have to register a third time - its separate from BP and BC.  Single-sign-on should be on the roadmap somewhere, but near the bottom of the list in importance.

• Like 1

After clicking the "My Shop" option at the top of the main page, scroll down on the green tabs on the right to the last one, labelled "Your Badges". Enter a link to your eBay account and hit apply.

My green tabs are on the left of the screen, and the last one is called "Shipping Profiles" -- I'm on Chrome. Any tips for finding the Your Badges appreciated. ;)

My green tabs are on the left of the screen, and the last one is called "Shipping Profiles" -- I'm on Chrome. Any tips for finding the Your Badges appreciated. ;)

the last option for me is also "your badges" in the green on the left in firefox...Maybe you have to confirm paypal to get your first one to activate it.