BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

Is your username going to be your shop name also? thanks

no. They can be different or the same .that is up to you

Just to be clear, when setting up an account on BC and I enter a username, will that be the shop name? Or are saying those can be different?

I'm not sure if jlegomora are refering to BP username here coinciding with BC shop name.

Your shop name and username are different fields that you will fill out. You can make them the same if you want, or you can name your shop whatever you want. Your username on Brick Classifieds can be the same as your username on BrickPicker if you like, or it can be different.

• Like 1

It is possible to make it easier to shop by region (USA, Europe, etc)? Or at least by those who can ship to you? Unless I am doing something wrong, at this point one can only tell that the item will not ship to your area after one has clicked on the item. This might make shoppers frustrated.

Exactly what I was thinking.

If we could choose by region that would be great. No sense in looking at listings that cannot be shipped to us from the start.

• Like 1

Nice work guys!  Pickleboy looks forward to selling sets there after you guinea pigs get everything worked out.  :)    

Where can I find a link to the Out of Stock Tracker that was on the front page.  I have spent more $$ on that page...  I'm addicted.    

I just posted my first item to see how it all works.  A couple comments:

1. Is there a way to have sales tax added automatically for in state purchases?

2. Since it is required to use original photos on listings, if I am selling 10 of the same item in new condition, should I photograph each one?  Normally, I photograph one set and do not update it for the remaining inventory as it sells.  I always take individual photos if any set has a condition problem.

3. I applied for my eBay badge, but I don't see a link to add a brickpicker badge.

4. I think a landscape or square orientation for the previews would be much better.  Most lego sets have a landscape orientation, so the portrait framework is more time consuming to work with to create visually pleasing browsing.  On the item page, it would be nice if the photos scaled to fit the product image box instead of cropping them since there doesn't need to be visual conformity with the other listings.  

Now I need to find something to buy to check to other side of the equation.  Thanks for your work on this.

I just posted my first item to see how it all works.  A couple comments:

1. Is there a way to have sales tax added automatically for in state purchases?

There are no tax options

2. Since it is required to use original photos on listings, if I am selling 10 of the same item in new condition, should I photograph each one?  Normally, I photograph one set and do not update it for the remaining inventory as it sells.  I always take individual photos if any set has a condition problem.

For the most part, one photo is fine or a photo of the group of sets is even better.

3. I applied for my eBay badge, but I don't see a link to add a brickpicker badge.

I just add these manually now if requested.  There will be a feature to use your login credentials to get it, but i haven't had a chance to do that yet.

4. I think a landscape or square orientation for the previews would be much better.  Most lego sets have a landscape orientation, so the portrait framework is more time consuming to work with to create visually pleasing browsing.  On the item page, it would be nice if the photos scaled to fit the product image box instead of cropping them since there doesn't need to be visual conformity with the other listings.  

I was playing around with the images last night, but it will require me to do a lot of redesign stuff that I don't want to get into right now when there is more important issues at hand.  People can still see the FULL SIZE original image if they are interested in the product and click the photo.  It is not cropped there.

Now I need to find something to buy to check to other side of the equation.  Thanks for your work on this.

I just tried to buy a set that said "free shipping for this item to your area"  (US) on the item page, but on the check out page is says it won't ship to my address (which is in the US), and I can't check out.  The address listed in the payment box is right.

I emailed the shop owner to see if he could see a problem on his end.  Any setting I need to check on my end?

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-series-cmf-minifig-figure-stature-of-liberty

I just tried to buy a set that said "free shipping for this item to your area"  (US) on the item page, but on the check out page is says it won't ship to my address (which is in the US), and I can't check out.  The address listed in the payment box is right.

I emailed the shop owner to see if he could see a problem on his end.  Any setting I need to check on my end?

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-series-cmf-minifig-figure-stature-of-liberty

Hmm, i added it to cart, no issues.  I could by it.  Please try again if you have time.

I tried again.  It gives me the same message.

attachicon.gifcheckout1.jpg

Yes I was going to PM jeff about the issue...All my items should ship free to the US..Hopefully we can work it out and complete the transaction let me know if it is any setting I need to change but I have searched and searched to try to fix the issue on my end....Thanks for your interest

Edited by Brickshopper

Sorry,

1. Click sell

2. User name

3. Setting

4. Shipping address

under seller profile I have my address entered....I am the seller and a buyer is having the error when trying to purchase....I do not see 2.user name or If having my shipping address would help a buyer who is being told item does not ship to US.Thx

under seller profile I have my address entered....I am the seller and a buyer is having the error when trying to purchase....I do not see 2.user name or If having my shipping address would help a buyer who is being told item does not ship to US.Thx

not sure then.? That's the only thing i could think of. We shall await Jeff's response :)

I think the problem is on my end (the buyer).  I tried to buy a few more items, and every one has the same issue.  For free shipping on the item page, it says "will ship to your area", and on the order page it says "does not ship to the United States".  I double checked my buyer address settings, and United States is selected in the drop down menu.

Two suggestions.

One - Free shipping should be visible on the splash page (latest listings).  Some people have prices at or above ebay but it may include shipping and we wouldn't know it without entering the page and if you are selling something over ebay prices, then a lot of people aren't going to bother looking at it in further detail.

Two - Someone has an item listed at 5% off.  On the thumbnail (latest listings), the discounted price is crossed out and the original price highlighted instead of the reverse.  This is corrected when you view the item.

Thanks!

I fixed the shipping problem by deleting the address I entered first and creating a new one.  I don't know what was wrong with my first one, but Brickshopper, you have a sale.  The process checkout process was easy.

Isn't there a way for the shipping address to be linked to the address PayPal has?  It seems like entering the shipping information before using the PayPal checkout opens up more opportunities for fraud.  I thought PayPal could auto enter the shipping information to show the address is verified, or at least compare the entered address to the one PayPal has on file.

I noticed the little shopping cart at the top doesn't show cents.  The item was $12.99, but the cart at the top of the screen showed $12.00.  Clicking on the shopping cart loaded the right price on the checkout page.

Isn't there a way for the shipping address to be linked to the address PayPal has?  It seems like entering the shipping information before using the PayPal checkout opens up more opportunities for fraud.  I thought PayPal could auto enter the shipping information to show the address is verified, or at least compare the entered address to the one PayPal has on file.

If I didn't give people the option to enter in multiple address just like Amazon does or like eBay does, then people would be screaming that I don't give them that option.  A confirmed PayPal address really doesn't confirm anything.  Do a search on google, or read the paypal forums, there are fraud issues everywhere, even with confirmed addresses.  This is why we have a feedback system much like eBay to help build confidence.  

I have shipping addresses going to Ed's business and I can't confirm one of them, does that make me a bad buyer?

You are getting paid immediately, it's not like you are waiting for your item to ship, then get the money.  If you have the pricing right, you can also add in shipping insurance to cover any loss and protect yourself.  I am not sure why this is such an issue.

I buy things all the time with my job's company credit card and send it to my house and I don't seem to have too many issues there either, nothing is confirmed.