75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

17 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Maybe an in-store thing?  I know I've seen non-exclusive sets that are damaged at 20% off.  I've personally never seen an exclusive at 20% off.  It's always been the extra VIP points.

As of last weekend at the Birmingham, AL store last, I can confirm they were doing % off damaged box non-exclusives, but stated its against policy to "discount" exclusives.

The manager still had a spreadsheet with all the damaged exclusive sets and corresponding extra VIP bonus points.

Do you thinks maybe it's an issue of just this ninjago set due to the underlying normal VIP points + bonus 500 points? Maybe there's a limit to how many points the computer will take on any particular set? Pure speculation obviously.

Edited by Deadfraggle
Sorry, got my posts mixed up. This poster was referencing a damaged UCS Tie Fighter for 20% off. There was a poster earlier this week who bought a damaged box Ninjago temple for 20% off + VIP + bonus 500 VIP points as well .

What if Walmart reduced these by mistake and sold out and then submitted more purchase orders to TLG to meet demand? Same for Amazon after matching Walmart. Wouldn't TLG just pump out more? I'm not sure how automated all of this works for large retailers but it's a scenario to at least consider.

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

Well... nobody knows when the Tie will retire. But I believe the current sales could mean something. Stranger things have happened. e.g. Town Hall.

So if you bought some this week you will be having a seat in the front row of the rollercoaster if it retires. Enjoy the ride. 

Hard to say. I'd say Walmart was just the usual summer SW SET sale and this set is not coded as an exclusive in their database. Amazon was simply a bot response to an FBM seller. I would not read anything into either price cut.

Now the "Retiring Soon" tag I would pay attention to if it pops up. Sets don't come back from that. All clear, for now.

1 minute ago, asharerin said:

Hard to say. I'd say Walmart was just the usual summer SW SET sale and this set is not coded as an exclusive in their database. Amazon was simply a bot response to an FBM seller. I would not read anything into either price cut.

Now the "Retiring Soon" tag I would pay attention to if it pops up. Sets don't come back from that. All clear, for now.

Do you mind if I do not like this tag at all? I'd rather see a set disappear overnight. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Do you mind if I do not like this tag at all? I'd rather see a set disappear overnight. 

I agree with this 100 %, it can take a lot of time researching and working out/guessing which set could retire next which i do enjoy, but find it annouying that all my research/gut feeling is handed out for free to anyone who goes on the shop at home site to see a retiring soon tag.

I do want to add a 75095 to my collection but i feel its alittle early for it to be retiring. Although we can only get it in 2 places from what i have seen, Toys r us who only have 13 instock for delivery and shop at home who have ??????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Wow, I'm assuming someone must've paid the ridiculous $300 price from ToyWiz as it was saying 1 left, and now there's a "Get In-Stock Alert" button and

$159.97

Out of stock

Was: $199.95

Save $39.98

So... what does this mean exactly? Will they or will they not come back in stock?

5 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

So... what does this mean exactly? Will they or will they not come back in stock?

Sorry Cig. It was 3rd-party seller ToyWiz selling from the Walmart.com site. I would assume it will come back, but I hadn't seen this before because when Walmart ran out of stock, it would fall back onto ToyWiz's overly-high-priced inventory. I just mentioned it because ToyWiz had 1 in stock for $300 and now it's gone and it's insane if someone paid that when it's $100 less anywhere else.

1 minute ago, lodibricks said:

Sorry Cig. It was 3rd-party seller ToyWiz selling from the Walmart.com site. I would assume it will come back, but I hadn't seen this before because when Walmart ran out of stock, it would fall back onto ToyWiz's overly-high-priced inventory. I just mentioned it because ToyWiz had 1 in stock for $300 and now it's gone and it's insane if someone paid that when it's $100 less anywhere else.

Thanks.

Just asking cause Lego uses the same technic. When something is sold out and gone for good they show the "sale price" at x% off. Which of they only had a couple for the quick and happy few.

Was the kit inside a shipping box, or was it sent just as we see it?

In a shipping box 3x the size filled with packing air pillows (don't know the correct name for them).

I had them open it there - asked if I could get a replacement as the box was crushed - told only option was to get a refund and order another one (and not at the sale price) - so brought it home as-is.
  • Like 1

I ordered these on the 7th around 1:40pm. (Ordered 4 2 separate orders) nothing has shipped and it's said processing for like 4 days. Shows estimated delivery this Friday. Would have assumed if would have had to ship by now.

Anyone else having similar issue or is this normal? Debating if I should call them...going on Vaca this Saturday.

1 hour ago, Lego Templar said:

I ordered these on the 7th around 1:40pm. (Ordered 4 2 separate orders) nothing has shipped and it's said processing for like 4 days. Shows estimated delivery this Friday. Would have assumed if would have had to ship by now.

Anyone else having similar issue or is this normal? Debating if I should call them...going on Vaca this Saturday.

I am in the same boat. But then I thought about it, it has only been 2 business days. Seems like it was a while ago since I ordered them lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tacsniper said:

I am in the same boat. But then I thought about it, it has only been 2 business days. Seems like it was a while ago since I ordered them lol

5 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

Same for me! I ordered one last Thursday, July 7th, during the FIRST round at $139, and it STILL shows as "Processing", even though site-to-store pickup date is tomorrow: Wednesday, July 13th. Maybe they're just extremely backlogged due to the massive amount of orders in a short time span??? They better not cancel! Especially because I could have ordered one again Friday, July 8th during the SECOND round. Or, if they ran out of stock, the least they can do is order more from LEGO and honor the $139 price, since they're currently available from LEGO direct...

Edited by Sharkfin182
Wrong date