75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

1 minute ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

I tried to order 14 of them, but my cc stopped them going forward at 6.  
Kinda glad I didn't get all 14, This set will sit for at lease 4 more years before unloading. 
None the less, this is a killer deal.  30% off. 

But if it retires suddenly now... I can refer you to the complaint thread.

• Like 2

i was surprised Walmart's $139.99 inventory it lasted as long as it did.  The set was available for a good 8 hours.  Didn't Walmart's last sale on this set ($160 or so) last days in late March?

Maybe people just aren't into this set...

Yup. It was available for days then went back to full price. Never sold out...

5 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Many are on Vacation these days.

true but the hoard here still buy pallets of sets while on vacation :)

4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Yup. It was available for days then went back to full price. Never sold out...

hmmm...  could we have another B-Wing on our hand?.  ha.   nah, nothing was that much hated for $199.99

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:
7 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

I don't think its another Bwing. 
2 previous smaller Tie Fighters.  (9492 & 75101)  "May" have something to do with this this set's demand.
You can buy a fleet of 75101 for one UCS Tie.

I hope it becomes another B-wing. And that it may sell out in the US first! gna gna gna

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

i was surprised Walmart's $139.99 inventory it lasted as long as it did.  The set was available for a good 8 hours.  Didn't Walmart's last sale on this set ($160 or so) last days in late March?

Maybe people just aren't into this set...

Even more so, Birds is still available at WM. The horde is not what it used to be a few months ago...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Even more so, Birds is still available at WM. The horde is not what it used to be a few months ago...

more like smart money is not going to go into a non-licensed themed retired Ideas set at MSRP that can't sell out months after formal retirement.  been there  and exo-suited that.

the only reason UCS Tie stuck around for as long as it did today was because this is one of the top vacation weeks of the year and many people were not near the computer or paying attention to brickpicker.  snooze you lose.  i'm up to 8 of UCS Tie - need to get back to UCS Slave I hoarding.

any other week this deal would have been gobbled up under an hour.

UCS Tie and Ewok Village are the only 2 Star Wars exclusives that are limit 1 at shop at home USA which means something or nothing.

personally I think the set looks awesome and the most accurate LEGO representation of a Tie Fighter to date - I haven't built it yet - i'll get a used one to do that and imagine it will do extremely well post EOL.  while certainly not a large ship, it is iconic and part of the best space battle scenes ever shot to film.  at a $138 buyin, there will be a quick path to profit post EOL or perhaps with a holiday shortage.

Edited by cladner

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

although it can't be proven , but I would be willing to bet that a Slave I or a Ferrari 30 % off would have poofed in less than an hour. 

Exactly my thoughts. Being on vacation hasn't stopped buying before especially with decent smartphones being so common. 

I think either resellers are saving their money due to various reasons or people aren't into this set because it competing Lego Exclusives.