75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

11 hours ago, rshafer23 said:

UCS Tie Fighter 75095.  Any guess how this will do in the long run for investment?  There just doesn't seem to be a following for it as there are for others like MF, Slave I, Tumbler, and so on.  

It is new thus people don't talk about it. The latest SW exclusive that has been released. It is a good set, not outstanding, but good. How it will do will only depend on supply. 

9 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Why are people talking about the 75095 in the SW 2016 thread??  Getting emails hoping for new leaked info and my hopes are being crushed.

Sorry that is my fault.  Feel free to move to 75095 topic if desirable.  I searched for it by UCS prior to posting, but didn't see anything that made sense so I brought it here.  Searching within the SW forum by 75095 alone I now see the thread dedicated to that model.  As a general suggestion it would be nice if there was some sort of description page for each topic covering what people hope to see in it.  Otherwise as a newbie here I see "Star Wars", it is currently "2016", both of which are rather broad in what they could cover, let me ask a question about an item that is currently available.  Had I known it was strictly for what is coming in 2016, I wouldn't have posted.  I also imagine there probably is a "site suggestion" topic as well that I should post this to, but I'm here for deals, rumors, and discussion, not to spend 30 minutes each time trying to find the most perfect place to post, lol.  Thanks! :)

4 minutes ago, rshafer23 said:

Sorry that is my fault.  Feel free to move to 75095 topic if desirable.  I searched for it by UCS prior to posting, but didn't see anything that made sense so I brought it here.  Searching within the SW forum by 75095 alone I now see the thread dedicated to that model.  As a general suggestion it would be nice if there was some sort of description page for each topic covering what people hope to see in it.  Otherwise as a newbie here I see "Star Wars", it is currently "2016", both of which are rather broad in what they could cover, let me ask a question about an item that is currently available.  Had I known it was strictly for what is coming in 2016, I wouldn't have posted.  I also imagine there probably is a "site suggestion" topic as well that I should post this to, but I'm here for deals, rumors, and discussion, not to spend 30 minutes each time trying to find the most perfect place to post, lol.  Thanks! :)

LOL! It's funny to me because you "don't want to spend 30 minutes looking for the correct place to post" yet it's OK for the mods to keep moving posts all day...:lol:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, rshafer23 said:

30 mins ?  It takes no more than typically 5 mins to find the correct topic. Takes usually less then 1 min when using our " search".  

It's also not about finding the perfect topic to post but the one that makes most sense for our users. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rshafer23 said:

Typed 75095 into the search and this was 4th on the list. after this topic and a couple of other more recent ones.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/12663-75095-ucs-tie-fighter/#comment-349609

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rshafer23 said:

No problem, I've moved everything to this topic.

I spent a week cleaning up topics across the board a few weeks ago.  It should just take a couple of seconds to find topics now.  Just type in the set number and it should take you here.  Or just a little digging in the forum to find the thread.  (Public Service Announcement over).  Please continue conversation.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Pffft, fan boy...

The Ghostbusters HQ was smaller than I imagined it to be.  I tried to buy one, but they were sold out.  I ended up buying a Sydney Opera House that was discounted $50 for minor box damage.  I did like the new Batcave.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

The Ghostbusters HQ was smaller than I imagined it to be.  I tried to buy one, but they were sold out.  I ended up buying a Sydney Opera House that was discounted $50 for minor box damage.  I did like the new Batcave.  

I'm sure I'd like the Tie Fighter too.  I haven't opened any, but I'll build Slave 1 first.  I'm itching to build GBHQ.  Hopefully I can start on it sometime next week.  My son might kill me though, since I haven't helped him build the Helicarrier yet.

23 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

come on ed.  you know box condition really matters ;)

i did buy this set used.  can't wait to build it.  the design and scale are perfect. 

Fantastic build! Heavy, sturdy and detailed. I thought the repetition of the arms and the wings would be boring, but it was just right time wise. Nowhere near as boring and repetitive as the Tower of Orthanc. ToO looks fantastic in my case, but man oh man what a pain. I couldn't wait to be done with it. I digress, Tie Fighter looks amazing and is a great build!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Walmart has a secret deal on the UCS TIE at $168.82. You have to enter your name and email address to see the price. This seems odd as I thought TLG does not allow third party retailers to discount exclusive sets.

http://linksynergy.walmart.com/fs-bin/click?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&subid=&offerid=223073.1&type=10&tmpid=1082&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.walmart.com%252Fip%252FLEGO-Star-Wars-TIE-Fighter%252F42104274

• Like 5

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Walmart has a secret deal on the UCS TIE at $168.82. You have to enter your name and email address to see the price. This seems odd as I thought TLG does not allow third party retailers to discount exclusive sets.

http://linksynergy.walmart.com/fs-bin/click?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&subid=&offerid=223073.1&type=10&tmpid=1082&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.walmart.com%252Fip%252FLEGO-Star-Wars-TIE-Fighter%252F42104274

In for the limit of three. Thanks for posting.

Thanks good deal

Yes, this is a sweet deal for a sweet set.

Let's assume the "normal" eBay retailer charges $199.99 with free shipping.  How do these "normal" vendors make any money on items that don't get discounted and don't get sold to wholesalers?  Why would anyone have an issue with the Walmart deal when the other deals are from questionable sources?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Let's assume the "normal" eBay retailer charges $199.99 with free shipping.  How do these "normal" vendors make any money on items that don't get discounted and don't get sold to wholesalers?  Why would anyone have an issue with the Walmart deal when the other deals are from questionable sources?

Some consider Walmart a questionable reseller.

• Like 1