75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

OMG just watched the lego design video!

Who else felt super awkward watching this?!?

scroll back a few pages and read my comment regarding this, I'm with you. As for the set I I'm not quite sure what you are expecting, I mean it's a tie fighter so what exactly would have you done better? Same question goes for the tie pilot......it's a tie pilot, they added arm printing so what else could they have done?
  • Like 1

Great looking set, but IMo a bit too big. How does it compare to 10240 in size? Are they accurate in the scale ratio?

I don't think people realize how big a TIE fighter actually is.  I play the X-Wing miniatures game, and the ships are scaled based on the actual production models.  Based on this, I think the UCS TIE will be pretty much spot on in terms of size when displayed next to Red Five.

muyl1y.jpg

mlh65s.png

• Like 2

This looks great and I'll definitely be buying it for my personal collection, but the price is a drawback for me.  I know a lot goes into pricing, more than just the basic price-per-piece ratio we often refer to.  The front canopy is a very large printed piece and the wings have some large segments, but there are probably a lot of small pieces in there also.  I will compare it to the Slave 1 that just came out and you can see that for the same price the Slave 1 has 300 more pieces and 4 minifigures instead of 1.  That's a big difference and makes the Slave 1 much more appealing.  Like I said though, this will be in my collection.

Edited by zskid00

• 2 weeks later...

To where, Kansas?

I live in Kansas. It's 2 F today, not accounting for wind chill. While we rarely have any snow in May, we do see temperature fluctuations between 100+ F and 0 (or lower) F in the same year. Thunderstorms, tornadoes, ice, and, yes, snow, too. Have I mentioned poor Target discounts? I haven't even said anything about the political climate. ;)

i.e., you don't want to move here.

I'm actually super excited about this set.  I just seriously don't understand people's negativity towards it.  It's freaking deja vu like the Helicarrier.  People did so much bitching and complaining about it, but look at it, it's selling like hot cakes.

I've seen people complain about the build and that it looks boring.  What would you exactly expect with 2 panels attached to a ball?  It's like the TB.  It's a simple build with 2 identical towers.  But the finished product is absolutely amazing.

It's also funny with people talking about the size.  If they made it a $100 set with half the pieces, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same people complain that it was too small and for a UCS set, Lego would need to make it bigger.  Luckily, it's just a very vocal minority that make it apparent online.

This will be a day one purchase for me.  I love everything Star Wars, and it'll be nice to have a Tie Fighter sitting next to the X-Wing on display along with all my other UCS sets.  /2centcomment

• Like 4

Hmm still would need a re-release of DV's TIE-fighter for that :-)

I was thinking the same thing! When the news for this was released, I checked the going prices for the UCS Vader TIE Advanced and was blown away. I remember them not appreciating much after retirement. That and the UCS AT-ST. I'm kicking myself for not picking up both when they were cheap.