75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

The size is impressive. Rotating stand, great! Box art very good. The looks are bit of a let down though. Looks ok, and like a Tie, but I feel like the earlier UCS Tie models are cooler. This will boost their prices for sure because many people (new collectors) will want to complete their Tie collection.

Lack of interesting pieces and colours not to mention minifigures, (semi) high price and the fact that many (good) smaller versions exist makes me think this wont be a huge investment success. Will be worth it, but I think many other UCS models will do better.

Just like everybody else has posted, excellent set. I even had a bit of a chill seeing the pic for the first time.

Cool factor-10

Box art-10

Initial impression-10

Video presentation-2

Build prediction-4

The only thing I have feeling will be a little bit of a let down is the build. I'm not referring to the techniques or the skill level but more the redundancy of it. Pretty much you will build half a wing and then do that 4 times. The fuselage is symmetrical so that's half a build x2.

To put a score out of 10 I'm throwing down a 7 just due to my prediction of the build redundancy. IMO lego is all about the build first an foremost.

I hope I'm wrong though, it's an awesome looking model.

Edit: missed "build"

Edited by speedsausage

I was pretty much reading it as "my childhood on sale".

Go Sci Fi/speculative for a moment and imagine someone could pay you for extracting your childhood memories. How much are they worth? Would you sell them at all?

So, yeah, count me among those who aren't happy they changed Boba Fett's voice or substituted a Hayden Christensen ghost at the end of ROTJ. ;)

• Like 1

I was pretty much reading it as "my childhood on sale".

Go Sci Fi/speculative for a moment and imagine someone could pay you for extracting your childhood memories. How much are they worth? Would you sell them at all?

So, yeah, count me among those who aren't happy they changed Boba Fett's voice or substituted a Hayden Christensen ghost at the end of ROTJ. ;)

That reminds me that Disney stated that they will stick to the original stuff and will release a Legacy Blu-Ray. It means that at Disney Han shot first, no Hayden ghost and other crap.

So if I look at it this way, Disney does some good to the franchise too. It actually preserves integrity more than Lucas did with the modifications.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 2

That reminds me that Disney stated that they will stick to the original stuff and will release a Legacy Blu-Ray. It means that at Disney Han shot first, no Hayden ghost and other crap.

That reminds me how strange the phrase of "Han shot first" is. Saying he shot first implies someone else shot afterwards when nobody did so really "Han shot" and that's it. Otherwise the alternate scene is where "Greedo shot first and missed then Han shot back".

I'm still not sure what to make of this set.

I own the latest non-UCS version of the Tie Fighter and to me it is appropriate enough.

Having seen the video and pictures though I guess I will still need one for my collection ^.^

To add my opinion to this conersation:

1. LEGO box with Disney on it: Doesn't bother me and frankly I think that it is a BIG WINNING Situation for all of us, that Disney is driving this Limo now. What they did thus far with the new TV Series (SW Rebels) is awesome (of course you should remind yourself from time to time that the target audience are children, but I love it nonetheless). They make nice usage of those iconic SW-moments that we loved when watching the original movies (for example the landing of the Imperial Shuttle in the last episode!)

2. The UCS Tie Fighter Video-Clip: Sure... maybe it was a little bit over the top, but on the other hand I like seeing how the LEGO Designers appreciate their work. Also I wouldn't be too fussy when it comes to the stickers! Not everybody needs that much perfectionism as some people here do... Seeing that the LEGO set they present in the video clip isn't perfect when it comes to the stickers is in some way nice: Not even LEGO can make it 100% right! I'm not a total idiot yeah! ;-)

3. The box art is awesome!

4. I like the newly added details to the Tie Fighter pilot.