75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

I'm curious about the break down of the pieces because 1,114 for $200 is very expensive.  It looks very nice but if that price is accurate I will be disappointed.

It's the size of the pieces, not the amount.  It the weight of the set.  It's the amount of ABS plastic used to make a set that approximates price.  

Never built a UCS and probably never will. Can't justify the price.

You are missing out on good stuff. A few years ago I bought used 10179, built it and sold it off later with high profits. Also doable with other UCS. Buy it used when still in production then sell. Price recovered.

Edited by inversion

If you've never built an UCS then in my opinion you've been missing out on something!

Of course if you're not that much into building LEGO in the first place then it might be another matter ^.^

My first UCS build has been the Star Destroyer and I actually didn't love it if I remember correctly xD

But I loved my second UCS build! The UCS AT-ST... awesome stuff!

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming UCS TIE-Fighter since to me the normal TIE-Fighter version already has got it all so I'm thrilled to see how LEGO does an even better job.

I guess I am not the only one wondering how is that possible. I would have made this analogy with something else, but will use whiskey instead. So to me it sounds like being in a Whiskey Shop and saying to the whiskey lovers from around the world: I've never tried a single malt whiskey and never will. Can't justify the price" 

Why reading the UCS thread then?

Well then, how can you be sure you're selling good quality cocaine if you've never tried cocaine before?

I also don't build Mixels, Friends, Disney or Super Heroes but I sell them. Legos aren't cocaine would be the obvious answer. A 10221 is a 10221 is a 10221. It's not like the Bolivian version has half as many pieces as the Columbian version or has been stepped on with Mega Blocks.

A better question is why does everyone care so hard if I build them or not?

Edited by mscheaf

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to sell on eBay, does it? Everyone can make it from 10 years old to 80 years old. So what's so amazing about selling 1 or 1000 items on ebay regardless of what these items are? It is similar to making kids, if it was that difficult we won't be 7bln by now....

• Like 1