75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

I really, really hope this set doesn't come with stickers. I have a hard time understanding why Lego would put stickers on any UCS set, but hopefully like 9492 this set will also have none. Does anyone know about this?

It doesn't seem to me to be a set that would require stickers.

Doesn't LEGO do a sticker for the UCS plaque?

I can imagine stickers for the cockpit. 

However DO amazed me with the lack of stickers. That's why I feel that set is perfect. LEGO should handle their premium segment with the appropriate level of quality. I hope that what they do in China includes a cheaper (not necessarily worse) tech for printing. I believe if they are not retarded they will come out with the tech for mass producing different prints in the incoming years.

• 2 weeks later...

Was it a UCS AT AT or

UCS Hoth Echo Base?

I can't remember now, I'll be back another day soon and double check it

I found it funny that they made the list for all the sets for the year now unlike last year.  RI, SW, Tumbler had all squeaked by for a long time but now are on there.

Same with Slave and DO.  I guess they figured they needed to be proactive and put everything on so when they came out you wouldn't get the discount.

If it was less than $200 we would all be complaining its too small.

I disagree, consider the mini fig scale Xwing and Tie fighter.

Xwing 560 pieces 4 figs 59.99

Tie 413 pieces 4 figs 54.99

So the Tie is WAY less pieces and about 9% cheaper. Probably should have been even bigger price difference between them and often was when on sale.Xwing was often 49.99 and Tie was often 39.99 if i recall correctly.

Red 5 UCS Xwing is 1558 pieces and 199.99.

That already feels like too much $$ per piece. 

Now we're saying a UCS Tie (which we already know usually has MANY less pieces than it's rival the Xwing when made at the same scale, and its going to be the SAME price as the Xwing???  The minifig piece ratio is 560/413 Xwing /Tie .  if we do that at the UCS scale that would be 1558 / 1149.

1149 pieces for 199.99. This could be ugly.

the original Tie Interceptor UCS was only 703 pieces and 99.99 compared to the orginal X-Wing UCS which was 1300 pieces and 149.99

Anyway you look at this, a $200 Tie is questionable.............unless its the Vader Tie Advanced.......

Hmmmm

Edited by mudcatsfan

The TIE Fighter could easily match the piece count of the Red 5.  If they want to achieve a nice round cockpit with appropriate greebling, that could eat up a lot of bricks.  Plus, I'm sure the wings will utilize a lot of large plates, and we all know that large pieces will increase a set's price.

The TIE Fighter could easily match the piece count of the Red 5. If they want to achieve a nice round cockpit with appropriate greebling, that could eat up a lot of bricks. Plus, I'm sure the wings will utilize a lot of large plates, and we all know that large pieces will increase a set's price.

Right. The TIE Fighter's solar wings are huge and use large plates to construct them. The set should be to scale of X-Wing in all phases.

concept box art...

I can already hear secondary market buyers complaining about getting only 1 TIE (instead of 3) in a box they paid $500 for.  That boxart is misleading.

ETA: Is that even a real concept art ?  That Yoda on the top is not for this year.  My money is on fanart :)

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 2

The TIE Fighter could easily match the piece count of the Red 5.  If they want to achieve a nice round cockpit with appropriate greebling, that could eat up a lot of bricks.  Plus, I'm sure the wings will utilize a lot of large plates, and we all know that large pieces will increase a set's price.

Right. The TIE Fighter's solar wings are huge and use large plates to construct them. The set should be to scale of X-Wing in all phases.

So per the Lego Ideas post linked above, it seems clear the values should not be the same. A Tie Fighter to scale with an X-wing has less bricks (not the best measurement), less volume (pretty good measurement), less mass (better still), less Lego. Every Tie to Xwing ratio has been this way. To have them at the same price point feels wrong. Bigger longer plates is true, but does not adequately make up for the fact the Tie has far less mass & volume than an Xwing.

From the lego Ideas article linked above where he made the UCS Tie to scale with the UCS Vader Tie, and the UCS Xwing.

The kit is comprised of 1114 pieces and the vast majority are readily available. The price-point on a kit this size would be around $150-$180 USD and would be comparable to other builds of this size.

Edited by mudcatsfan