75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

post-8090-0-48273900-1422981792.png

Amazing how many times it needs to be said on the internet. And this isn't directed at the person with the troll award.

@mscheaf - If you ever get the itch to build, the UCS are pretty awesome builds. I haven't built all of them, but they tend to be a lot more "rewarding" than regular Lego sets due to their scale!

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifDontFeedTheTroll.png

Amazing how many times it needs to be said on the internet. And this isn't directed at the person with the troll award.

@mscheaf - If you ever get the itch to build, the UCS are pretty awesome builds. I haven't built all of them, but they tend to be a lot more "rewarding" than regular Lego sets due to their scale!

At school (work), it's "Don't poke the bear." And our mascot isn't a bear. ;)

Edited by biking_tiger

• 2 weeks later...

That's about what I expected, zero playability. Now I hope the "every UCS from now on will be playsets" comments will end. 

The price is also alright for a UCS with a heap of large plates. 

Anyway does that minifig differ from the previous versions in any way? EDIT: It seems it has arm printing and a little more detail on helm and chest.

Designer video 1:18 : sticker application FAIL :)

Also is there anybody here who thinks that in the recent videos the designers talk to the audience like they were 6 year old idiots? The recent IDEAS announcement is still the most awful though.

Edited by inversion

1685 pieces. Isn't that more than R5?

R2 = 2127 but lots of. Technic pins and 1X1. Whith those big black plates I would thing the PPG on this set will be good.

OP nice find but. With all those comments I wonder how long this has been out there?

Put a motor on that stand.

Edited by Pseudoty

Don't be afraid of the Disney logo.  Embrace it.  Star Wars fans won't care.  It will only create new customers from the Disney fanatics.  Case in point: we have friends that are obsessed with Disney.  There are many, many more like them.  My Facebook feed is proof of that.  These particular friends are now obsessed with Marvel and Star Wars.  They won't even touch Batman.  I mean the kid doesn't even like Batman.  It's diabolical and irrational, but that's what Disney fans are when it comes to their passions.

If you sell LEGO, in particular Star Wars LEGO, Disney is your friend. They are creating customers for you left and right.  The small square inch logo is well worth that price of my childhood integrity.

• Like 2

Does anyone else find all the designer videos painfully awkward to watch?

This one wasn't as bad as the last ideas video, but when the guy on the left has to cover his mouth to hide that he is laughing... Maybe another take is in order!

And that sticker placement everyone else noticed is hilarious. It's not even subtle.

It's HUGE! I'm going to need a new Detolf cabinet!