75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

• 2 months later...
On 03/07/2016 at 3:13 AM, wolfenn said:

how long do you think this set will be available ? 

If you look at this list: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Ultimate-Collector-Series then you can see that before the 75095 retires there are three older sets that should retire before it: 10236 EV, 75059 SC and 75060 Slave 1.

Most likely to retire this year is the EV. I expect the SC to retire next year but a surprise retirement end of this may be possible too.

Whether the Slave 1 retires before or after the 75095 is uncertain. That could very well depend on sales volume, where LEGO will choose to keep the better selling set available for longer.

20 minutes ago, Haay said:

If you look at this list: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Ultimate-Collector-Series then you can see that before the 75095 retires there are three older sets that should retire before it: 10236 EV, 75059 SC and 75060 Slave 1.

Most likely to retire this year is the EV. I expect the SC to retire next year but a surprise retirement end of this may be possible too.

Whether the Slave 1 retires before or after the 75095 is uncertain. That could very well depend on sales volume, where LEGO will choose to keep the better selling set available for longer.

Retire em all I say!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haay said:

From these four UCS sets, Sandcrawler is the only one not obtainable from retailers. The rest are.

So my hunch is that the Sandcrawler will go first. Ewok Village after that and then the other two.  

• Like 2

On 7/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, wolfenn said:

how long do you think this set will be available ? 

there are definite signs that LEGO is having trouble keeping up with UCS production schedules.  Delays in the release of Assuault on Hoth (obvious with the picture of the AT-AT) and snowspeeder.  What effect this will have on any particular UCS set is anyones guess.  However as has been said the likely hood of the TIE dropping off this year is almost none.  I will say its possible Tie will be cut next year, and Slave will keep going, even though the Slave came out 4 months earlier.  But it all depends on sales, and what impact if any Rouge One will have on that.  I would guess right now the Slave is selling stronger than the TIE overall.  But If Rouge One features traditional Ties (in addition to the new designs), it may give this set a boost and keep it going longer.

In then end like all UCS the best strategy is to slowly build up stock.  But I think you will be safe holding off on this one a bit if you have other priorities.

1 hour ago, jay4e said:

there are definite signs that LEGO is having trouble keeping up with UCS production schedules.  Delays in the release of Assuault on Hoth (obvious with the picture of the AT-AT) and snowspeeder.  What effect this will have on any particular UCS set is anyones guess.  However as has been said the likely hood of the TIE dropping off this year is almost none.  I will say its possible Tie will be cut next year, and Slave will keep going, even though the Slave came out 4 months earlier.  But it all depends on sales, and what impact if any Rouge One will have on that.  I would guess right now the Slave is selling stronger than the TIE overall.  But If Rouge One features traditional Ties (in addition to the new designs), it may give this set a boost and keep it going longer.

In then end like all UCS the best strategy is to slowly build up stock.  But I think you will be safe holding off on this one a bit if you have other priorities.

given walmarts second discount round on this, i am not sure what is going on with UCS.  could be the next b-wing who knows at this point....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Are you sure?

anything is possible.  i know the tie fighter is iconic and all but it seems to be a slower seller. judging  by my visits to physical and online stores.  i haven't seen it out of stock once.  heck, during the May 4th Slug promo, people weren't buying it.  nobody wanted this set. even ed took the last slave 1 out of my 7 year old's hands because he didn't want it. thus, i was forced to buy the Tie :)  to get the promo.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

be sure to tell amazon about walmart's price match.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-75095-Fighter-Building/dp/B00X3301HI/&#

search for "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" on the page.

enter the walmart info.  139.99

www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-TIE-Fighter/42104274

You beat me to it. Thanks for posting it here

• Like 1

anything is possible.  i know the tie fighter is iconic and all but it seems to be a slower seller. judging  by my visits to physical and online stores.  i haven't seen it out of stock once.  heck, during the May 4th Slug promo, people weren't buying it.  nobody wanted this set. even ed took the last slave 1 out of my 7 year old's hands because he didn't want it. thus, i was forced to buy the Tie   to get the promo.

I bought it for the promo too. :(

Seriously tho, it does seem like a slow seller. I wonder if having 9493 and then the FO TIE is eating into it. I have to think so. At least one person has told me they were happy they put together the UCS version before their FO TIE because the builds are very similar.

I'm sure there are people looking at the price difference and thinking they're happy with a $60 smaller version of the $200 version.
  • Like 1

The Tie Fighter is a rather boring set, IMO.  I have seen it built at a lego store, but is it wrong to find this as the weakest UCS set (id even rank it below Assault on Hoth), and also to think that this walmart sales price point is actually where it should have been in the first place!  139.99 for that set sounds about right.  However, I may buy one, but I doubt i'll ever build it.  This set just doesn't scream for me to build it, and for some reason i'd only see it as a long term investment. 

This might be the first and the last UCS Tie Fighter. 

Cause as already mentioned by others... It is a straight forward build. So not much room for creative building.

I bought only one till now. And at a nice discount. Otherwise I just might have skipped this one.