75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

I bought two also.  Checked after my buy, but I didn't poof it.  Was hoping I "fried the keg". 

Hopefully things ship well.  I despise crushed box big sets.  If they're no good, back to the store they go.  Also hoping they don't have the big Walmart white and yellow pick tag on them.

Was just at the Raceway Mall Lego Store in NJ.  They had a damaged box 75095 at 20% off.  Normally I have seen and heard people talking about getting extra VIP points on damaged boxes because LEGO does not discount exclusives.  Does this add more to the rumor that that policy is ending? 

21 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I ordered 2 yesterday that shipped this morning - but they shipped in 2 separator boxes! I was hopeful that by ordering 2 together in same order they'd ship them in the larger Lego outer box. Hoping they were packed well separately...

7 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

same here.

27 * 21 * 17 box for each tie fighter.

And they used fedex smartpost.

So usps will deliver them.

This isn't really the thread for this but yeah, they've been doing weird shipping for the last couple of months...

1 hour ago, psusyntar said:

Was just at the Raceway Mall Lego Store in NJ.  They had a damaged box 75095 at 20% off.  Normally I have seen and heard people talking about getting extra VIP points on damaged boxes because LEGO does not discount exclusives.  Does this add more to the rumor that that policy is ending? 

Maybe an in-store thing?  I know I've seen non-exclusive sets that are damaged at 20% off.  I've personally never seen an exclusive at 20% off.  It's always been the extra VIP points.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, Kenxxx said:

I usually try to stay off the bandwagon... but I think this set at 30% off is a rare opportunity. If shop.lego were offering "sextuple VIP points" on 75095 right now, their servers would explode. Maybe it will hang around a couple more years - worst case, if I someday regret buying these, I can always unload them during some eBay "75% off final value fees" promo... I did just that with some of my 10188's and some 10240's (something I regret now).  I could also trade them with another investor for some other exclusive.  And if it surprises us, and EOLs after 18 months... or 24 months... well... the only ones with regrets will be those who didn't buy them today.

Well, I expect this set to EOL in mid-late 2018.  I expect EV and possibly SC to go this year, then Slave I next year.  If the TIE retires out of order as with B-Wing, you guys will do great.  No argument there.  I just don't see the level of unpopularity with this set that B-Wing had (LEGO Shop at Home reviews under 4, for example, vs. 4.6 for TIE), so I'm not seeing the early retirement.  There were lots of complaints about 10240 (cockpit stickers notably), and it had the full UCS lifecycle.

I expect UCS or any sets with a 24x20x4 box footprint to provide a $100 after fees return in 1-1.5 years.  Otherwise the space is better used for something else.  Fire Brigade, HH, TH, B-Wing, R2, and (almost) GE did this.  I'm not convinced that a TIE can, if I have to hold it for two years before I can sell (basically, I debit a set that size $30 per year for sitting there and taking up space; PS owes me lots of money at this point).

• Like 2

I think people have to consider the fact that poor selling sets or sets that are expensive to produce/issues can retire sooner than later.  This has been shown many times.  This leads us to the UCS TIE.  While I love the set, many don't, so it is not universally popular, thus possibly a candidate for early retirement.  LEGO adapts and adjusts.  If it sells, it stays.  Saying a set will be on the shelves for "X many" years is complete speculation.

• Like 4

I think people have to consider the fact that poor selling sets or sets that are expensive to produce/issues can retire sooner than later.  This has been shown many times.  This leads us to the UCS TIE.  While I love the set, many don't, so it is not universally popular, thus possibly a candidate for early retirement.  LEGO adapts and adjusts.  If it sells, it stays.  Saying a set will be on the shelves for "X many" years is complete speculation.

What'll people do with all the graphs and spreadsheets then..?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It's a bit early in the morning for me to start drinking...

• Like 1

Well... nobody knows when the Tie will retire. But I believe the current sales could mean something. Stranger things have happened. e.g. Town Hall.

So if you bought some this week you will be having a seat in the front row of the rollercoaster if it retires. Enjoy the ride. 

• Like 1