75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

47 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

The whole Lego hype is fading. I really don't think it is, I actually think the Disney Castle will be this winter's no.1 Christmas gift.

I agree that this year has not been a vintage year for Star Wars Lego, but I suspect that next year we'll get two new UCS kits, one of which being the inevitable AT AT.

I genuinely just think that this tie fighter is one of the more boring UCS kits around, hence why there may be poor sales. I bet Slave 1 and Sandcrawler have been selling fine.

I don't think a set that cost 350.00 will be this winters #1 Chirstmas gift. Not a chance.

Maybe you missed my point.  The AT-AT, and the Snowspeeder have been done to DEATH!  The tie-fighters have been done enough.  With Rogue One, there will be yet another tie-fighter variation.  There's a point where it hits an oversaturation point, and I think there are cracks forming in the Star Wars wall. 

I agree this set isn't much to write home about, and the Sandcrawler and Slave 1 are superior.. But this brings up my point.  When you look at a set, stop and think to yourself, if you desire that set to where you would pay more than RRP for it.  With this set, that is not the case for me. 

When I also look at all the Star Wars releases this year, and most of the sets last year, all the sets were uninspiring all around.   This year alone, two sets (obi's interceptor, and the new x-wing) were the exact same replicas as other sets recently released but just with a minor update in minifigs.  2 other sets, the homing spider droid, and escape pod are so close to the previous versions that all you are getting is a change in minifigures.  It's really sad when the resistance trooper battle pack is the only semi-unique design.  If this is a prelude of what is to come when we have Rogue One, Epsiode 8, and the Han Solo film in 18 months it could spell trouble.  Because it could just become more uninspired rehashes, and at that point, I wouldn't be shocked if we start to see sets go below RRP after they retire.  Don't think it will happen?  Well it could!  Even UCS sets aren't infallible.  Especially if they just start repeating previously made versions of ships already done.  Or the upcoming sets are just minor variations of tie's, x-wings, MF's etc.

I'll be honest, at 199.99 I had little interest in this set.  When it hit 140, I thought that was a more adequate purchase price for a pile of plastic bricks.  The UCS Slave 1 is the only set where i'd pay extra than RRP to get it, if I could.  Every other set released this year, I feel the opposite about.   In fact all the summer releases this year, I will gladly wait till deep clearance to add them to my collection, and to be honest, I dont even know if I will add them.  That's where things have headed.  Nothing that hits the market in the Star Wars spins the noodle anymore. 

That new death star is going to be telling on where things are going.  It's the only set we haven't' seen yet from this year.  And i'll be honest, I suspect it will be the same old song and dance.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, shortyz said:

maybe walmart got a buncha sets with gibbled boxes and you guys just bought them all. That would be funny.

Just got my Tie Fighter from Walmart today after Ship To Store. Only ordered one and it came in the original Lego case box with pillow pads. Non-gibbled.

IMG_4634.jpg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I don't think a set that cost 350.00 will be this winters #1 Chirstmas gift. Not a chance.

Maybe you missed my point.  The AT-AT, and the Snowspeeder have been done to DEATH!  The tie-fighters have been done enough.  With Rogue One, there will be yet another tie-fighter variation.  There's a point where it hits an oversaturation point, and I think there are cracks forming in the Star Wars wall. 

I agree this set isn't much to write home about, and the Sandcrawler and Slave 1 are superior.. But this brings up my point.  When you look at a set, stop and think to yourself, if you desire that set to where you would pay more than RRP for it.  With this set, that is not the case for me. 

When I also look at all the Star Wars releases this year, and most of the sets last year, all the sets were uninspiring all around.   This year alone, two sets (obi's interceptor, and the new x-wing) were the exact same replicas as other sets recently released but just with a minor update in minifigs.  2 other sets, the homing spider droid, and escape pod are so close to the previous versions that all you are getting is a change in minifigures.  It's really sad when the resistance trooper battle pack is the only semi-unique design.  If this is a prelude of what is to come when we have Rogue One, Epsiode 8, and the Han Solo film in 18 months it could spell trouble.  Because it could just become more uninspired rehashes, and at that point, I wouldn't be shocked if we start to see sets go below RRP after they retire.  Don't think it will happen?  Well it could!  Even UCS sets aren't infallible.  Especially if they just start repeating previously made versions of ships already done.  Or the upcoming sets are just minor variations of tie's, x-wings, MF's etc.

I'll be honest, at 199.99 I had little interest in this set.  When it hit 140, I thought that was a more adequate purchase price for a pile of plastic bricks.  The UCS Slave 1 is the only set where i'd pay extra than RRP to get it, if I could.  Every other set released this year, I feel the opposite about.   In fact all the summer releases this year, I will gladly wait till deep clearance to add them to my collection, and to be honest, I dont even know if I will add them.  That's where things have headed.  Nothing that hits the market in the Star Wars spins the noodle anymore. 

That new death star is going to be telling on where things are going.  It's the only set we haven't' seen yet from this year.  And i'll be honest, I suspect it will be the same old song and dance.

Yeah I agree that I can't see the Tie Fighter going above RRP, personally I wouldn't pay more than £90 for it.

I also agree that there is a lot resting on this Death Star.

I do see your point, but I can't see Lego Star Wars nose diving now that we're getting good films released annually and with Disney investing in as well.

If Lego did detect interest dwindling, they'd just press the panic button and unleash a new UCS MF and inject interest again.

9 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

Yeah I agree that I can't see the Tie Fighter going above RRP, personally I wouldn't pay more than £90 for it.

I also agree that there is a lot resting on this Death Star.

I do see your point, but I can't see Lego Star Wars nose diving now that we're getting good films released annually and with Disney investing in as well.

If Lego did detect interest dwindling, they'd just press the panic button and unleash a new UCS MF and inject interest again.

I thought the same thing about 10227 B-Wing.  Now look at it.  300+.  I should have bet the farm for $99+tax/set (10227).  At that buy-in (very important) it was worth it.

I believe (opinion) that 75095 Tie fighter will outperform 10227 when the 140.00 buy-in is considered.

On July 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM, jaisonline said:

Walmart used LaserShip for my 3 Walmart $140 TIEs. 3 diff packages were shipped.  They were suppose to arrive yesterday (the 11th) .  Their website states "07/11/2016 3:32 pm. Parcel not received from sender" for each package.   Walmart said to give it 2-3 more days.  LaserShip isn't answering their calls today so I e-mailed them.   This is what I get for paying the extra $4.96 expecting  "faster shipping" at Walmart.com.    

Lasership came out of nowhere today and delivered my my 3 Walmart boxes.  Glad I worked from home today.  The TIE boxes are in great shape.  Other than the really bad communication between Lasership and Walmart, my expectations were surpassed.  After the delivery, the online shipping info was finally updated :)

• Like 2