75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

I have not received any of mine yet from WalMart or Amazon. They are all expected by tomorrow evening. Once they arrive I will weigh the amount of packing material included, measure each crease to the nearest millimeter, inspect the seals for fingerprints, and run a black light over every side of each box looking for traces of rat urine and / or feces from being stored for months on end in a dirty warehouse.

Once I collect all of this data I will not report any of it here because I doubt anybody cares.

Carry on...

Ooo. Can you make a graph or Pie chart?
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

Oh wise and great Sage, please elaborate on your thought as there were 2 points in my comment and "Uh uh sure [not]" is vague.

I don't think anyone at Amazon will lose one single second of sleep over the feedback they are getting regarding dented/creased/pancaked TIE Fighters bought for 37-50% off. They'll just send them to the next person who orders. Now, if this was a 3rd party seller - sure they would care.

Does box condition really matter if you are getting an item which you would not normally be able to get at such deep discounts?

There is no guarantee that amazon will send a replacement, or even if they do the "new" item will be not damaged.

I agree you do get more if item is MISB, but most buyers do not care if item is NIB and some scratches / marks. I found that going from MISB to NIB there is approximately a <5% price difference.

Even if Box seals are broken but lego bags sealed, you would only lose approximately 10% max price difference compared to MISB. 

That's just my opinion.

• Like 4

Does box condition really matter if you are getting an item which you would not normally be able to get at such deep discounts?

There is no guarantee that amazon will send a replacement, or even if they do the "new" item will be not damaged.

I agree you do get more if item is MISB, but most buyers do not care if item is NIB and some scratches / marks. I found that going from MISB to NIB there is approximately a

Even if Box seals are broken but lego bags sealed, you would only lose approximately 10% max price difference compared to MISB. 

That's just my opinion.

With the discounts we've gotten on these, it would take a lot of damage for me to return these. Besides, I prefer customers that wanna build the sets and not sit and stare at the boxes...

• Like 7

8 hours ago, bassking511 said:

Same here except there was crumpled brown packing paper on one side only. There is now a crease where there was no cushion.

The Amazon UK reviews for the Rex AT TE kit say that it was shipped with no packaging and with nothing but a sticky address label on the box.

I'm kind of put off using Amazon, think I'd rather pay a few £££ more and buy from Lego.

10 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

Box Queens, the lot of ya.  I've said it before, this returning behavior will only hurt this 'thing' we do. If not now then eventually...

I couldn't care less about the box.  If you want to disparage someone, make snarky comments to my customers.  As long as THEY care, I must as well.

• Like 2

I take well documented pictures of shelfwear so my customers know exactly what they are getting. I don't disguise myself as an average buyer to a major retailer and then complain when a kit box shows up with minor wear.  I take what the retailer sends me since I already got a good deal, which is why I purchased from them anyway. You do as you like with your persnickety top tier customers.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

Explain to me again how Amazon US offers such a huge discount but not elsewhere?

Economies of scale as the US is simply the World's biggest LEGO market. There's also a huge factory in Mexico meaning that large shipments can go to the US by land which is cheaper.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, Average Guy said:

I take well documented pictures of shelfwear so my customers know exactly what they are getting. I don't disguise myself as an average buyer to a major retailer and then complain when a kit box shows up with minor wear.  I take what the retailer sends me since I already got a good deal, which is why I purchased from them anyway. You do as you like with your persnickety top tier customers.

In fact, I actually take a photo of every blemish and describe it slightly worse than it is so that the customer is pleasantly surprised when they receive the item. For run-of-the-mill sets, I simply say that the box may show signs of handling and shelf wear. For really bad boxes, I either part out or sell as unboxed and shove the box in anyway.