75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

Just now, kris_1973 said:

Either way, it must have affected the market since Amazon and Walmart sites have consistently listed it for $160 (20% off) for awhile now.

Now that's something @Haay could be jealous of. Though I am not familiar with EU discounting - perhaps 20% off Exclusives is an easy feat there .....

13 hours ago, Phil B said:

Alright there was a little hyperbole in that comparison :) Still - I don't think many got this deal, a few who were clever enough to pay for same day shipping, and a few who were clever enough to PM at another retailer. Most messages I saw coming by were of the "my order got cancelled" type after a few hours. And I'm happy for those who got it at that price, don't get me wrong, just wanted to console @Haay because this was more of a glitch ... but now were talking semantics.

When the price looks too good to be true, it usually is... :derisive:

It's indeed a consolation that it was a pricing error that was quickly rectified. And nice catch for the happy few who got it actually delivered! 

Sometimes you're just lucky to be at the right time to catch a bargain. Like I was last year when I managed to get 2x Emma's House in a 2-for-1 plus discount, at €25 per box instead of the €75 RRP.

Jumped up to 177.50 on amazon now that walmart is out of stock.  Should be interesting to see what transpires over the next few months.

I did note that while a lot of exclusives got bounced to out of stock yesterday, the Tie Fighter was one set that was in stock the whole time.  So it doesn't seem to move very well at 199.99. 

2 hours ago, dcdfan said:

I posted this in "retiring soon open speculation" also but for posterity (I'll place here as well), I noticed this is limit 1 at LEGO Shop at Home and @Brickerbrack noticed it's also Limit 1 at Amazon.

"It´s a trap" meme placeholder.

ItsATrap.jpg

Edited by gregpj
added actual meme, left placeholder comment because it was funny ;)
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

So what do the current depressed prices on eBay mean for the future value of this set? I've not been around long enough to know for sure, but aren't the major discounts on this set unprecedented in terms of exclusives and certainly among UCS sets? I imagine that it will easily sell for $250 once it retires worse case scenario, correct?

Edited by Copterman

So what do the current depressed prices on eBay mean for the future value of this set? I've not been around long enough to know for sure, but aren't the major discounts on this set unprecedented in terms of exclusives and certainly among UCS sets? I imagine that it will easily sell for $250 once it retires worse case scenario, correct?

It should follow the Bwing trajectory but slightly faster so $250 15-18 months after unavailability. This is still 100% profit after fees if you bought in between 100-110 (ignore the lucky few that got them at $50)

1 hour ago, tractorboy said:

I'd be in at that price. I haven't seen any discounts on this set in this part of the world.

Right! The best price I've seen it sold for here (in The Netherlands) was through TRU.nl at 15% discount from German price. Dutch RRP is €230 while German RRP is €200. So at 15% discount from German RRP it came down to €170 which brickwatch.net also lists as the lowest price it was ever sold for in The Netherlands:

UCS TIE.png

The Dutch toy-stores chain Intertoys even dares to sell it at retail for an outrageous €270 !