75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

1 minute ago, asharerin said:

IME Amazon doesn't cancel. Other 3 party sellers will cancel and grovel for forgiveness, Amazon will take it like a champ and fulfill their orders.

Generally my experience as well. Except for one time...with a bulk order of tape. Amazon decided that paying the price for one roll rather than the price for one case of 36 rolls was worthy of a cancel. ;)

Edited by minicoopers11

Just now, dcdfan said:

And I was starting to think people were gonna be sick of me posting these price drops. BTW, I won't be offended if the cleaner wants to move some of these to the TIE thread (for posterity).

*sigh*

I will probably end up moving these after all.  lol

• Like 2

Just now, dcdfan said:

And I was starting to think people were gonna be sick of me posting these price drops. BTW, I won't be offended if the cleaner wants to move some of these to the TIE thread (for posterity).

That's a good idea.  I'll do it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

• Like 1

Just now, exciter1 said:

That's a good idea.  I'll do it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

This can go with it:

Random July 25, 2017 post:  Why is my Tie Fighter valued at $180-200, why hasn't it shot up to $300 US like the other retired exclusives?

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 7

Anyone have experience with Amazon doing this dramatic of a reduction...  If so, thoughts on will they actually deliver?  Was this a pricing error, or is it common belief they wanted to get rid of them that bad. My thoughts are it was an error in their price matching system, as they could have sold the whole warehouse out at $100. So if it was indeed an error, will they deliver? 

1 minute ago, Martae54 said:

Anyone have experience with Amazon doing this dramatic of a reduction...  If so, thoughts on will they actually deliver?  Was this a pricing error, or is it common belief they wanted to get rid of them that bad. My thoughts are it was an error in their price matching system, as they could have sold the whole warehouse out at $100. So if it was indeed an error, will they deliver? 

Oh, they happen...

10 minutes ago, asharerin said:

IME Amazon doesn't cancel. Other 3 party sellers will cancel and grovel for forgiveness, Amazon will take it like a champ and fulfill their orders.

I used to think this too but Amazon recently cancelled a price error on me without any credit. Those who ordered prime now got theirs shipped out before Amazon realized the error but most people just got cancelled without recourse.  

4 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I started building my $48.94 Amazon TIE. So far so good.  It's will be interesting to put this set next to the UCS MF, X-Wing (once built) and Slave 1 for size comparisons.  

18 bags (3 unnumbered) with elements.

You non-reseller scum. That would have had a mean CAGR

• Like 4

European Brickpickers are soooo jealous of the < US$50 UCS TIE Fighter deal you American Brickpickers got there! Dutch MSRP is €230 and I haven't seen it sold here for less than €170.

I would definitely build one for myself if I'd had the opportunity to buy this set for that bargain price. It would be even less than I bought the TFA TIE Fighter for! And I only bought that one because I didn't have any Lego TIE Fighter yet in my Lego collection.

6 minutes ago, Haay said:

European Brickpickers are soooo jealous of the < US$50 UCS TIE Fighter deal you American Brickpickers got there! Dutch MSRP is €230 and I haven't seen it sold here for less than €170.

I would definitely build one for myself if I'd had the opportunity to buy this set for that bargain price. It would be even less than I bought the TFA TIE Fighter for! And I only bought that one because I didn't have any Lego TIE Fighter yet in my Lego collection.

This was not a "deal", this was a pricing mistake that got corrected quickly and only a select lucky few had the pleasure of seeing the item ship (and got to keep the item due to Amazon's fantastic attitude towards mistakes, many a retailer would have requested the item be sent back). It's comparable to finding a 10179 at an estate sale for a few hundred bucks - great deal but not really accessible to others.

This was not a "deal", this was a pricing mistake that got corrected quickly and only a select lucky few had the pleasure of seeing the item ship (and got to keep the item due to Amazon's fantastic attitude towards mistakes, many a retailer would have requested the item be sent back). It's comparable to finding a 10179 at an estate sale for a few hundred bucks - great deal but not really accessible to others.

I'm sorry you didn't get one but I posted it as soon as I saw it. Amazon didn't ship mine either but Target had no problem price matching and did ship. I disagree with your comparison as there is no comparison to finding a 10179 for a few hundred bucks.
  • Like 1

Just now, dcdfan said:

I'm sorry you didn't get one but I posted it as soon as I saw it. Amazon didn't ship mine either but Target had no problem price matching and did ship. I disagree with your comparison as there is no comparison to finding a 10179 for a few hundred bucks.

Alright there was a little hyperbole in that comparison :) Still - I don't think many got this deal, a few who were clever enough to pay for same day shipping, and a few who were clever enough to PM at another retailer. Most messages I saw coming by were of the "my order got cancelled" type after a few hours. And I'm happy for those who got it at that price, don't get me wrong, just wanted to console @Haay because this was more of a glitch ... but now were talking semantics.

Just now, Phil B said:

Alright there was a little hyperbole in that comparison :) Still - I don't think many got this deal, a few who were clever enough to pay for same day shipping, and a few who were clever enough to PM at another retailer. Most messages I saw coming by were of the "my order got cancelled" type after a few hours. And I'm happy for those who got it at that price, don't get me wrong, just wanted to console @Haay because this was more of a glitch ... but now were talking semantics.

I didn't pay for same day shipping, and somehow mine shipped. Of course I received one from Amazon a couple weeks earlier that looked like Sasquatch and the Yeti were playing "Monkey in the Middle" with King Kong... so, maybe karma or something? 

• Like 1

Alright there was a little hyperbole in that comparison Still - I don't think many got this deal, a few who were clever enough to pay for same day shipping, and a few who were clever enough to PM at another retailer. Most messages I saw coming by were of the "my order got cancelled" type after a few hours. And I'm happy for those who got it at that price, don't get me wrong, just wanted to console@Haay because this was more of a glitch ... but now were talking semantics.

Either way, it must have affected the market since Amazon and Walmart sites have consistently listed it for $160 (20% off) for awhile now.
  • Like 1