75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

Amazon 34R5.  Was so excited to see it arrive by itself in a huge box with no damage to shipping box.  Open top and LOTS of nice paper packing.  Pull it out to discover creases all over the back and a 2 inch slit on the bottom edge.  Lots of shelf wear, a brickpicker return, or both.  Seals intact.  Amazon Customer Service is great though.

1 hour ago, kris_1973 said:

Same here - in addition, appears the box was opened and then re-sealed. Is that normal for Amazon ?

i'm not sure if the box was opened. i don't see sticker tears.   looks more like some of the seals might have either unpeeled themselves and started to peel.  the packer might have pressed them back down.    if you are going to return the set for a new one, opened it for yourself and count the bags before mailing back.  i bet all bags are there.

• Like 1

Same here - in addition, appears the box was opened and then re-sealed. Is that normal for Amazon?

0ef49d077742c887d744a91458487277.jpgec1abc544e0c63f64c64ddcd413a54b6.jpgee3ba7de5820000f2ebc16ac5957058c.jpge152d19cd85bcde018a6f39fd5135e58.jpg

Haven't heard anyone else mention it in a hot second, but I seem to recall a similar situation like a year ago and a fellow brickpicker mentioned that LEGO sometimes "double seals"'or "re-seals" or "over-lays" a set with a new seal periodically.

perhaps another member can enlighten us, but it might be legit from the factory like this?

Edited by Deadfraggle
I stand corrected, on closer inspection it appears those aren't two seals but as pointed out by jaisonline, seals that have been shifted or restuck....sorry
  • Like 1

So when comparing the european with the north-american seal codes could mean:

left: This set is more popular in Europe than in North-America.

OR

right: This set could retire soon and you north-americans will get the dubious honour to have it retire first.

Pick a side.

Same here - in addition, appears the box was opened and then re-sealed. Is that normal for Amazon?

Same thing happened to me. Walmart's was fine, Amazon's beat up and had been opened. Maybe one of the elves opened them all and took the minifigs out. 

Edited by ppsagehen

So when comparing the european with the north-american seal codes could mean:

left: This set is more popular in Europe than in North-America.

OR

right: This set could retire soon and you north-americans will get the dubious honour to have it retire first.

Pick a side.

Right
  • Like 1

Got my Walmart one last night from the store. It was in a huge box with enough air pillows to choke a horse. It is in minty shape with the exception of a crease in the back near the edge of the box. Code 30R5. My Amazon one arrived today. It is minty too and also has a crease along the back edge but not as deep as the one on the Walmart one. Code 23R5. 

9 minutes ago, jal4u2c said:

Got my Walmart one last night from the store. It was in a huge box with enough air pillows to choke a horse. It is in minty shape with the exception of a crease in the back near the edge of the box. Code 30R5. My Amazon one arrived today. It is minty too and also has a crease along the back edge but not as deep as the one on the Walmart one. Code 23R5. 

How can a box be Minty with a deep crease ????

• Like 4

Received mine from Amazon tonight. Bashed to hell. The tape on the one side looks as though its been open previously and does not have numbers on the tape. hmmmm... I am thinking I have no choice but to send back to Amazon. Geesh. So frustrating. I don't mind creases at 50% off, but a torn box with the chance of it being opened and something else being on the inside... that's just too much of a risk.

• Like 1

Just now, terrymc4677 said:

I have not received any of mine yet from WalMart or Amazon yet. They are all expected by tomorrow evening. Once they arrive I will weigh the amount of packing material included, measure each crease to the nearest millimeter, inspect the seals for fingerprints, and run a black light over every side of each box looking for traces of rat urine and / or feces from being stored for months on end in a dirty warehouse.

Once I collect all of this data I will not report any of it here because I doubt anybody cares.

Carry on...

Ooooooor you could promptly return it and cause grief for the entire machine like half of everyone else here worried about customer feedback.

• Like 1