BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

I haven't even received an alert from the other alert site and I am tracking the same sets on both site. Seriously awesome!!

I received two alerts from the Brickpicker app a while ago.  I have been monitoring the alerts as well. The other site has not even registered that they are in stock almost 30 minutes later, so great job on whatever technology you are using to do this.  It works really well.  I will not even use the other one any longer.

• Like 1

Jeff,

I subscribed to the 6860 Batcave alert.  I am setup forn sms and email and all alerts in general have been working good but tonight about 9:53pm set I got a sms in stock alert for the bat cave for $101.99 which was amazon 3rd party.  All that is fine with me.  

The thing I am mentioning is there were no email alerts to go with it where normally I get the alert both ways timed fairly close together.  If you have already covered or email was down for modifications I apologize in advance!  Just thought I should report it.

I need a lesson. And for the one who gives me said lesson can bust my *****. I'm subscribed to this thread. I check it. But I see no how to of how to get alerts. Can one please advice. Please and thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Good thing I (somewhat) like you :D

1. Go to price checker page (http://www.brickpicker.com/brickwatcher/lego-stock-checker.cfm)

2. On the top of the page, click on "Setup Alerts" (red box, can't miss it)

3. It opens up a window for"Alert Notifications"

4. Choose the methods of receiving alerts (email, on site, SMS) and choose which sites you want to get alert for

5. Click "submit"

6. Under each set you see a box with "Alert Off".  If you click them, they turn to "Alert On"

7. Set which set you want to get the alert for by clicking the box under each name changing it to "Alert On"

8. When a set is available at vendor of your choice, you get an alert

Simple as that 

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 2

I need a lesson. And for the one who gives me said lesson can bust my *****. I'm subscribed to this thread. I check it. But I see no how to of how to get alerts. Can one please advice. Please and thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Click the link under the purple banner at the top of the forum. Read my post on setting up the alerts. You need to setup your alerts.

• Like 1

I think I will need to come up with some sort of a tracker hot or not page to gauge the importance of some of these items that are being tracked and potentially wasting "checking cycles"  Do we really need to track those new Minecraft sets?  Nobody really wants alerts to those.  Same with the Double Decker Couch.

Basically these sets here are all questionable to me? Do we need to track them?

Dolphin Cruiser
The Farm
Double-Decker Couch
Fallingwater
Crafting Box
Heartlake Shopping Mall
The Cave
The Mine
The First Night

I think I will need to come up with some sort of a tracker hot or not page to gauge the importance of some of these items that are being tracked and potentially wasting "checking cycles" Do we really need to track those new Minecraft sets? Nobody really wants alerts to those. Same with the Double Decker Couch.

Dolphin Cruiser

The Farm

Double-Decker Couch

Fallingwater

Crafting Box

Heartlake Shopping Mall

The Cave

The Mine

The First Night

I wouldn't bother with any of those tbh

I think I will need to come up with some sort of a tracker hot or not page to gauge the importance of some of these items that are being tracked and potentially wasting "checking cycles"  Do we really need to track those new Minecraft sets?  Nobody really wants alerts to those.  Same with the Double Decker Couch.

Dolphin Cruiser
The Farm
Double-Decker Couch
Fallingwater
Crafting Box
Heartlake Shopping Mall
The Cave
The Mine
The First Night

You could probably make checking frequency a reverse function of a number of people who set up alert for particular set (something like  - a set has to have X watchers for it to be polled at maximum frequency. Otherwise, poll once an hour)

• Like 1

You could probably make checking frequency a reverse function of a number of people who set up alert for particular set (something like  - a set has to have X watchers for it to be polled at maximum frequency. Otherwise, poll once an hour)

Love this suggestion.  Especially since it's dynamic, and doesn't need eyes on the sets to figure out what's popular, and what's not.

So this has been changed to a priority setup.  The more watched sets get the higher priority and it has increased the quickness in which those Priority #1 sets get checked.

A few not so great things I have noticed so far since this has been live.

• Just like I thought, the Non-USA user base doesn't really seem to care to use the feature at all.  I think the ratio is like 100:1 of USA to Non USA for alerts. I know the site is still heavily USA favored here, but I thought there might be a little more interest.  Maybe I need to make those areas more known and of course give it more time, again.  I just thought more would at least view those pages.

• Over 4,000 individual SMS alerts (not including email) have gone out for the Palace Cinema since Feb 1.  From my records, only 2 have been purchased. So this starts making me come up with other ideas on when should a set start getting SMS alerts and base it on how scarce/hot/needed the item is to control costs.  This is just one set, there are others that are not that far behind. Do we really need SMS alerts? How many of you just see them come in an just ignore them?  Should SMS alerts be a pay for feature to make sure you actually use them?  Just ideas/just questions....

We will continue to tweak and work on ways to make sure members know it exists.

• Like 2

Based on my tech experience and based on what I have read about your setup is that you are paying for a server farm on the Azure cloud platform to do the checking and you are using some SMS gateway to send out the messages.  Here is an estimate (and of course you don't have to say whether I am right or wrong)

Servers: $300+ / per month

SMS Gateway: $300+ / per month (esitmating at least 50k messages)

So $600+ / month of over $7000 / yr to run this one feature for us whack jobs..  I think you guys are nuts