BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

According to my mail logs, you have received 12 emails in the last 30 days from the tracker.  All other items except the Pet Shop you received once.  Today you got a bunch a few minutes apart like you said.    I am 99.99% sure that it was doing the Target in stock / out of stock dance so this was 100% normal. You may or may not have gotten SMS messages about the alerts because I try to limit it within short time frames.  This does not look like a bug.

According to my mail logs, you have received 12 emails in the last 30 days from the tracker.  All other items except the Pet Shop you received once.  Today you got a bunch a few minutes apart like you said.    I am 99.99% sure that it was doing the Target in stock / out of stock dance so this was 100% normal. You may or may not have gotten SMS messages about the alerts because I try to limit it within short time frames.  This does not look like a bug.

Jeff, the reason it shows only 12 emails in the last 30 days is because I changed the email address I use just a couple of days ago.  I'll PM you the other address so you can see that one too.  The reason I changed which email address gets the alerts is because I was receiving so many duplicates.  But it is true that most of my tracking is Target.

Edited by phil24601

• 1 month later...

I've tried to add SMS alerts using both my phone and laptop, but I never get the code sent to my phone.  The box pops up asking me to confirm it, but no text is received.  I've tried about a dozen times the past 2 weeks, but I've never received a code.

Is this no longer working?  Am I missing something?  Doing something wrong?  Anyone?

Same thing happening to me

Pretty amazing to learn what is going on.  I honestly had no idea that cell phone carriers can in a way "blacklist you for spamming" much like email providers can.  Looks like they will be trying to force us into obtaining a short code.  That kind of stinks because this is getting quite expensive to run. A short code by itself is $1000/month.  Not sure what we will do with this.

Pretty amazing to learn what is going on.  I honestly had no idea that cell phone carriers can in a way "blacklist you for spamming" much like email providers can.  Looks like they will be trying to force us into obtaining a short code.  That kind of stinks because this is getting quite expensive to run. A short code by itself is $1000/month.  Not sure what we will do with this.

another reason to click them aff links. You do enough as is, you really don't need to add to your workload/expenses . 

If you have been having issues with the stock tracker, please try your settings again.  I made a few updates and just sent out a test one and I received my message even though it was saying the Death Star was in stock for almost $600, so if you got that, please disregard.  Let me know how it goes.

By the way, for those that set your SMS alerts a while ago, you will need to check and make sure they are re-activated again.  After I while they disable unless you are actively clicking them and trying to get the set.  It costs way too much to keep blasting them out to hundreds of people that have no intention of buying the set and don't remove it from their list.  If you have not receive one in a while, go back to the main page (http://www.brickpicker.com/brickwatcher/lego-stock-checker.cfm) and make sure your alerts are activated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

would it be worthless to add brick bounty since it's gone from everywhere?

I wouldn't say worthless. Amazon has received sets after OOS/EOL before, but they are few and far between. You'll have better luck calling TRUs near you or a LEGO store in your state.