BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

I apologize in advance if not in the correct thread, but has anybody had any success with the stock tracker alert function?

i turned on a few alerts and each and every time the item is not at the correct price even if I immediately click on the link. About 25 of these have come across my alert and not a single one is correct.

Could be F5'ers Johnny on the spot, but wanted to check to see others experiences. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's a good few minutes behind actual. I've caught a couple in stock within the last week, this was without the tracker alerts.  The stock tracker notified me about 5 minutes AFTER I have completed the orders, that the items were in stock. 

I've resorted to checking many times a day and f5 ing when I can.

But sometimes I'll get an alert while I'm doing even that. That is fishy because I would have seen it in stock unless someone snuck in between refreshes. Hmmmm.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, dcdfan said:
9 hours ago, pstebbing said:

Examples?

75099-1: Rey's Speeder
75104-1: Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
75105-1: Millennium Falcon

I think it's more helpful if we get UCS set listed on the tracker as they are harder to find. that way we know when they are available and buy them if want to. 

12 minutes ago, magicnite said:

The point isn't about UCS or not, it's about sets that are likely to be in and out of stock. The force awakens sets were valuable to have on here due to the Christmas rush and them selling out and creating a big Quick Flip Opportunity. Ironically, Poe's Xwing was not included and that ended up being the harder to find set.

Slave I and Jawa Sandcrawler are fairly commonly found at all retailers so there's little value to adding them ..........yet. But I'd like for them to be added in the near future.

There is a cost to adding these sets, which is why the Macks don't just add them all.

With that being said, i wonder if it might be worth it to suggest sets to pull OUT of the list so they're not wasting money / texts / server effort checking on sets that are universally in stock (or out)  and appear to be so for the foreseeable future. 

I'd suggest  10697-1: XXXL Box  for one.

Another idea would be to only search on the NEW price. Otherwise it's a bit distorted. For example, the 10240 Xwing is listed at 259.99 but that's a used price. The new price is 299.99

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pstebbing said:

Examples?

7 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

i see ty for teaching me....in that case you are right...some of these set could be taken off because i can find tfa set every where. have never found one UCS item in stores such as walmart, targets and any local stores. :( i think buy putting up hard to find items it'll generate more revenue to this site.

7 minutes ago, magicnite said:

i see ty for teaching me....in that case you are right...some of these set could be taken off because i can find tfa set every where. have never found one UCS item in stores such as walmart, targets and any local stores. :( i think buy putting up hard to find items it'll generate more revenue to this site.

UCS items aren't sold at regular retailers unless you live in a major city like New York or Chicago. Even then you'd only find them at a Toys R US. They're typically online only, and of course at Lego exclusive stores.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, magicnite said:

i noticed that too i just started collecting after xmas of 2015. thank to this site was able to get few UCS sets.  i still want slave i and sand crawler at retail price.

That shouldnt be a problem if you're in the US. Both are available several places online for retail right now. If anything you should be aiming to get those below retail by utilizing discounted gift cards, points back through credit cards, gift with purchase from Lego.com (when they offer that) etc.

Good luck to you,

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, magicnite said:

i noticed that too i just started collecting after xmas of 2015. thank to this site was able to get few UCS sets.  i still want slave i and sand crawler at retail price.

Well here are the links, I would just buy them now then.  I am not going to add these to the stock tracker just yet.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sandcrawler-75059?fromListing=listing

Out of stock, but you can still order, so do it now
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Slave-I-75060

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been getting an update that the Tumbler is back in stock at SAH, but I am already on the page and it never shows up even if I press refresh immediately...are they really getting them in and selling in the milliseconds before I press refresh?  Or are there false alarms sometime?  I am new to Lego building and have been trying to get a Tumbler for retail with no luck.

I think a combination of people like us, and also the fact that the stock tracker is not 100% on-time. I've proved this to myself before on a couple HTF items that I got lucky to order via F5'ing, and a couple minutes later the stock tracker alerted, but it was already poof. A minute delay a long time with HTF sets.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

60062 - City: Ice Breaker
60097 - City Square
75106 - SW: Imperial Assault Carrier
75094 - SW: Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
75102 - SW: Poe's X-Wing
75098 - SW: Assault On Hoth

Anything to clear off that either doesn't matter as much right now or really won't come back into stock?  Is it time to remove the Death Star?

Just now, Jeff Mack said:

Anything to clear off that either doesn't matter as much right now or really won't come back into stock?  Is it time to remove the Death Star?

That last one is a joke BTW...  I'll look on what to clear real quick.  You can maybe add Fairground Mixer and Mini Cooper, although I have no idea about their future status.