BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

Hi,

I have two comments: Could you update the TRU links for the Horizon Express and Arkham sets as TRU currently doesn't have a page for them or list them as OOS, even if TRU revives the page at some point.

Can you please add a link to BRICKPICKER on the brick tracker page. Thanks!

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Will the Palace Cinema be added to this anytime soon? not sure if there are requirements for a set to make it on here, but I've been seeing a lot of talk about the Cinema going sooner than we expect.  I know it's fairly available and easy to get though so if it's not included soon, I understand.  

I just pushed an update today that users Pusher to push updates to listings with stock or price changes.  Essentially you don't need to refresh the page anymore. If you stay on the page for a while, items that have had no changes will show you the last it had an update.  Otherwise you will see that the timer was reset, etc.  The feed at the bottom will show the newest updates as well automatically.

Alerts coming soon...

• Like 1

Hey Jeff  - If we find updated/missing links should we post them here or PM you?

Things look great and I am using the aff. links much more now. Do you want us to post issues we see or do you already have a running list? Mostly seeing lots of false positives for TRU and some of the logging scrolls by with no information when parked on the page for an extended period of time. Does not happen all the time.

As for enhancements, will you be adding the ability to scroll through the log of price and availability changes? The Amazon price changes make that section somewhat useless at times unless you watch it 24/7.

Thanks again for this great tool!

Ok, so here is a pretty cool update that I finally got around to finishing.  There are now two new Stock Tracker pages that I want to run for a few days.

There is the new LEGO SHOP@HOME REGIONAL STOCK TRACKER and the AMAZON REGIONAL STOCK TRACKER

The LEGO TRACKER has 9 different LEGO regions to watch for stock and price changes:

LEGO US,LEGO UK,LEGO CA,LEGO DE,LEGO IT,LEGO FR,LEGO AU,LEGO NL,LEGO DK

The AMAZON TRACKER has 7 different LEGO regions to watch for stock and price changes:

AMAZON US, AMAZON UK, AMAZON CA, AMAZON DE, AMAZON IT, AMAZON ES, AMAZON FR

I have tried to populate a lot of the listings, but there are a bunch of links I still need to backfill (it takes a bit of time). I will get to the ones that were listed here soon.

Over the next few days I will want to see how this works out.  I know the increased amount of links its checking has slowed it down from the speed it was at before, but we will see what we can do to get that back.  Hopefully it helps some of you!
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed a strange glitch in the stock trader.  R2-D2 and the cargo terminal both always show in stock @ TRU but never are.  Both of them have in common that they are "discounted" prices from TRU's regular price (r2 is $199.99 normally but the sale price is $179.99).  For the cargo terminal the usual TRU price is $119.99 and the sale price is $109.99.  So maybe they are messing something up?  I dunno, just throwing it out there.

Jeff,

Just a cosmetic note and I do not use them but the second column of Lego international locations was outside the display box on the right when first signing up on Safari.  When I went back to edit it doesn't display any of the choices beyond choosing text email site submit and close.  Firefox on the mac works perfect in all aspects.  Not sure you care but thought I would mention.

I'm all set with alerts and it looks to work wonderfully.  I hope to compete at having a shot along with everyone else on Amazon of getting some sets with the big boys that have done their own scripting. :)

You all are to kind you really should have charged for this.

There's nothing big boy about buying a few sets from Amazon. ;)

I am only making an assumption but when you have several members here having scripts that run and getting alerts and in the middle of the night getting Rovers, AA's, Town Halls and other sets (which I think is great that they can) they obviously have a competitive advantage at getting a set over some people with no programming skills (me).  Having my phone set to give me an alert and having it by my bed and snagging a Town Hall at 4 am would be different...Unless they are zombie's that are like Gorden Gecko (sp?) and have 50 thirty inch monitors and never go to sleep with auto refresh running on all 50 monitors constantly.  lol.  That is why I view this as such a flattening of the competitive landscape I suggested it be a paid membership but the Mack brothers are too nice. :)

Just a cosmetic note and I do not use them but the second column of Lego international locations was outside the display box on the right when first signing up on Safari.  When I went back to edit it doesn't display any of the choices beyond choosing text email site submit and close.  Firefox on the mac works perfect in all aspects.  Not sure you care but thought I would mention.

I will try on my pc laptop later, but so far it looks ok on safari, firefox and chrome on the mac and ipad.  The iphone was a little smooshed if you had it vertical, but turned horizontal it was perfect.

I am only making an assumption but when you have several members here having scripts that run and getting alerts and in the middle of the night getting Rovers, AA's, Town Halls and other sets (which I think is great that they can) they obviously have a competitive advantage at getting a set over some people with no programming skills (me).  Having my phone set to give me an alert and having it by my bed and snagging a Town Hall at 4 am would be different...Unless they are zombie's that are like Gorden Gecko (sp?) and have 50 thirty inch monitors and never go to sleep with auto refresh running on all 50 monitors constantly.  lol.  That is why I view this as such a flattening of the competitive landscape I suggested it be a paid membership but the Mack brothers are too nice. :)

Just saying the silent ones around here have a plan ahead of time and do not to rely on sporadic inventory.  There's really nothing advantageous about relying on inventory that may not really be there.

• Like 2

Just saying the silent ones around here have a plan ahead of time and do not to rely on sporadic inventory.  There's really nothing advantageous about relying on inventory that may not really be there.

Could not say it better.  Word.

But 50 Mars Rovers showing up at 4 am after the facet is a bonus.  lol

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been working at really trying to make this feature worthwhile.  We now have a server farm working on this 24/7 trying to keep the checks on most sets done in seconds and at the longest every 2 minutes.  

Some of you members have acute vision and have noticed that i have had the SETUP ALERTS button on the Stock Tracker pages.  I am writing here to announce that you can sign up for SMS Text Alerts, Email Alerts or Site Alerts (on select areas).

When you visit any of the three pages we have setup (US Retailer, Amazon and LEGO) you will see a red button to setup alerts.  This is where you can select the alerts you would like to get.  In order to receive alerts you need to be a member and  logged into the site to set them up.  Guests will not receive any alerts.

Here is the form for selecting the alerts you want to receive:

Remind me to buy you a beer...

Edited by pickleboy