BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

Good job Jeff.

Here is an idea for version 2: capture the log on the bottom for each set by retailer.  We can call it availability history.  This can be used to see availability pattern of sets around specific time of the year or when retirements are near.

Perhaps a candidate for BP Premium since this will require some database space to store ;)

Edited by Darth_Raichu

My personal preference would be for the higher than msrp priced items be in a darker color that draws less attention. Edit: Actually it is the color of the 3rd party that draws more attention to it than is needed.

Also, it might be nice if something highlighted the lowest price of the discounted prices and maybe an extra special highlight if something is the lowest price seen for the item.

Edited by Zurno

We could just look at the chart and figure stuff out ourselves. We have a stock checker and now we need it as easy as possible to instantly know what the best prices are and what's not. Come on just read the prices for a couple seconds. It's a great feature even if it's black white and grey because the information can be analyzed and read.

• Like 2

We could just look at the chart and figure stuff out ourselves. We have a stock checker and now we need it as easy as possible to instantly know what the best prices are and what's not. Come on just read the prices for a couple seconds. It's a great feature even if it's black white and grey because the information can be analyzed and read.

I agree with you.  Come on some of you.  The color is off, would be nice if it cut my grass and washed my dishes.  Seriously all the information you need is right on that screen.  He already wrote that you will need to log in to view it which means there will be member personalization and being able to pick the sets you want to monitor.

Why don't you just say. "Hey Jeff, can you please just put up a sign that says....<ENTER MEMBER NAME HERE>  BUY THIS SET NOW, DON'T PUT ANY THOUGHT INTO THIS, JUST BUY"

Wow.

Jeff, please make the buttons chartreuse with a touch of lavender and shades of burnt sienna, also can you make it blink.  Then I will be happy LOL !!!

I agree with you.  Come on some of you.  The color is off, would be nice if it cut my grass and washed my dishes.  Seriously all the information you need is right on that screen.  He already wrote that you will need to log in to view it which means there will be member personalization and being able to pick the sets you want to monitor.

Why don't you just say. "Hey Jeff, can you please just put up a sign that says....<ENTER MEMBER NAME HERE>  BUY THIS SET NOW, DON'T PUT ANY THOUGHT INTO THIS, JUST BUY"

Wow.

Jeff, please make the buttons chartreuse with a touch of lavender and shades of burnt sienna, also can you make it blink.  Then I will be happy LOL !!!

LOL, it's not big deal, we will figure it out.

I just updated some colors on this for those that want to try and "make the OOS or third party disappear".  Let me know if you like those being blacked out, does it help with the instock ones?

Also, can we turn off logging for the price changes on 3rd party Amazon sellers ?  Some sellers kept updating(?) several items with the same or similar price and those just pretty much clogged up the log

I will working on the logging to make it only show things that are more profound.  I personally love watching all the changing regardless of how small it is. 

LOL, it's not big deal, we will figure it out.

I just updated some colors on this for those that want to try and "make the OOS or third party disappear".  Let me know if you like those being blacked out, does it help with the instock ones?

I hated the black, so i am trying to ghost out the others to not make them very visible while the in stock will be more visible.

I will working on the logging to make it only show things that are more profound.  I personally love watching all the changing regardless of how small it is. 

I like the price changes, I just do not see the value of following 3rd party sellers changes.  Perhaps show 3PS changes only if they go below MSRP.

Btw, I like ghosting the OOS icons, it makes the in-stock icons and their highlights pop out for easier read

Edited by Darth_Raichu

Nobody's complaining about the tracker as it exists now

Jeff,  when I suggested moving Amazon to the right, it was partly because that column is the hardest to read at a glance because of the various symbols and constantly changing prices. Having it at the end of the row won't be a speed bump that trips us up as our eyes scan from left to right.

But it's also because Amazon listings are usually the last place I look when I'm hunting for a particular set. Maybe that's just a personal preference

Jeff,  when I suggested moving Amazon to the right, it was partly because that column is the hardest to read at a glance because of the various symbols and constantly changing prices. Having it at the end of the row won't be a speed bump that trips us up as our eyes scan from left to right.

But it's also because Amazon listings are usually the last place I look when I'm hunting for a particular set. Maybe that's just a personal preference

Thank you for changing the coloring of the 3rd party seller to make it stand out more than out of stock but less than the regular in stock, though it might be nice if it still did the minor yellow highlighting for whether it is above (or below) MSRP

The Amazon product page you're using for 41055 isn't the official one.  I think this one is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSN5H7E/

I updated the listing, thanks for noticing that.

I read what you wrote here and I understand some of your points, but in the end, isn't this really just your preference on how you look at things?  Some of your statements sound like they are speaking for the masses.  I am sure Jeff can add a poll here and ask people.  Do you prefer amazon on the left or the right and in the end, you may be right, but you also may be wrong.  It's up to him.

LOL again, it's ok.  I am game for trying things.  I moved amazon to the right, lets see if that is what people like,

I updated the listing, thanks for noticing that.

LOL again, it's ok.  I am game for trying things.  I moved amazon to the right, lets see if that is what people like,

Thank you for making Lego first where ever the others go.

Since it is official ground zero I like seeing it first. (for everyone - yes I know Toys R Us puts everything out on the shelf first but LEGO Shop at Home is supposed to be the official site of authority).

• Like 1

Another improvement for retailers with brick and mortar stores would be to somehow differentiate between online availability, online availability and in store pickup, and in store pickup. That may benefit people who are not in proximity to a ToysRUs that only has store pickup for an item.

Edit: see it was mentioned in reference to Farnsworth already, so this is me seconding the notion.

Edited by Zurno

Since Amzn has 3PS symbols, moving the column to the right makes the page look better.

Jeff, for price change symbols on the bottom, can we have a different symbol when price drops to >20% MSRP ? Make it green instead of black perhaps ?