Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

got 2 offers on a craigslist complete sets of all 6 new minecraft for $420 - was asking for $500 - out of pocket with tax is $320 .

I would net $100 per deal.  exchange would conveniently be at starbucks.  no TRU parking lot required.

i'm kind of on the fence a little greedy holding out for more but basically to get much more for that you have to expect some of the cheaper sets to start going for over $60 and the higher sets going for 1.5 msrp.

i'm leaning towards accepting though on the basis of no fees or worries about returns.

cash in, 1 week later, cash out.  new tumbler - cha-ching.  r&r

Edited by cladner

got 2 offers on a craigslist complete sets of all 6 new minecraft for $420 - was asking for $500 - out of pocket with tax is $320 .

I would net $100 per deal.  exchange would conveniently be at starbucks.  no TRU parking lot required.

i'm kind of on the fence a little greedy holding out for more but basically to get much more for that you have to expect some of the cheaper sets to start going for over $60 and the higher sets going for 1.5 msrp.

i'm leaning towards accepting though on the basis of no fees or worries about returns.

cash in, 1 week later, cash out.  new tumbler - cha-ching.  r&r

I think I would probably do it. Essentially you're getting +$25 for each of the 4 small sets since the 2 biggest are still in stock everywhere.

+$100 on $140 (or $135 if you got First Night for less) looks pretty good and no worries about buyer's remorse.

I apologize if this has been discussed but I am guessing many are looking to flip these this christmas. (Me too) Won't all the sets except the mine have limited upside?  At some point, it just makes sense to buy the set one size larger.  (Of course unless the ENTIRE line goes up at the same rate.)  Obviously the most expensive set would sell out last and the cheapest set would sell out first so I am not sure these early sale signs are a good indicator.  I am loading up on the mine.  I'll let others duke it out on the little set.  (Ok so I did get a few of all the sets but triple the mine)  Thoughts?

PS  I think it's time we start a minecraft section in the forum. 

I apologize if this has been discussed but I am guessing many are looking to flip these this christmas. (Me too) Won't all the sets except the mine have limited upside?  At some point, it just makes sense to buy the set one size larger.  (Of course unless the ENTIRE line goes up at the same rate.)  Obviously the most expensive set would sell out last and the cheapest set would sell out first so I am not sure these early sale signs are a good indicator.  I am loading up on the mine.  I'll let others duke it out on the little set.  (Ok so I did get a few of all the sets but triple the mine)  Thoughts?

The heart wants what the heart wants. You could say this for many retired sets, where for the price of the retired one you could buy a larger and "better" current set.

There's no logic where desperate, un-savvy parent and tantrum-throwing Little Johnny are concerned.

Slightly off topic, but do you think it would be better to place an order with LEGO Shop at Home (only way we can access the sets) when Holiday Set 2/2 is active or buy now? 

You can I've placed two orders for Minecraft sets. I received one but Australia Post has lost the other. The problem with LEGO Shop at Home Australia is they take 13 business days to ship orders. Which is ridiculous. 

Edited by Brickonator
  • Like 1

You can I've placed two orders for Minecraft sets. I received one but Australia Post has lost the other. The problem with LEGO Shop at Home Australia is they take 13 business days to ship orders. Which is ridiculous. 

Thanks mate, I won't tell you have many orders I've placed. Probably give a couple of the guys here a run for their money lol.

Just curious to see if people think it'll go OOS before the free promo kicks in

Interesting view point.  I too have stocked up on MC but have taken a different approach.  I have acquired more of the smaller sets.  My main concern with the larger sets is that when you shop around at the moment (in the UK but from what I read the US is similar) the four smallest sets tend to be OOS with most retailers whilst the largest two are still widely available. 

In my view the Ender Dragon is the weakest set and would be the last to go OOS.  The Mine is a great set but the most expensive.  I am fairly confident that the smaller sets will go OOS with Lego S @ **** in the next few days because these are clearly in great demand (although Lego may have stockpiled a large amount).  The largest two are, in my view, the most likely to remain in stock therefore in my view your strategy is higher risk but if The Mine does go OOS you will be quids in.

There is still significant value in the smaller sets in my opinion.  In the UK The Cave is selling on ebay for

Edited by golong
  • Like 1

Thanks mate, I won't tell you have many orders I've placed. Probably give a couple of the guys here a run for their money lol.

Just curious to see if people think it'll go OOS before the free promo kicks in

Ahhh I was wondering why there are no other sellers in Australia to bring down my exorbitant prices. ;-)

I took the route of ordering from TRU US, B&****** and Amazon UK as they usually get here in well under 2 weeks, much faster than Lego Shop at Home.

How did your TRU US order go? I order a couple of Dynamic Duo and they never arrived, had to Paypal them.

I've probably sold around 20 Cave, 10 Farms & F. Nights and a couple of the Craft Boxes. I did them as a "Pre-order" - Never again, no matter how many times that I wrote in the listing that they will arrive in 15 days and then I'll send them out and I still got questions!

Ordered them all through LEGO Shop at Home and they haven't bat an eyelid. I've raked up $150ish in reward points that i'm going to throw behind my order tonight.

How did your TRU US order go? I order a couple of Dynamic Duo and they never arrived, had to Paypal them.

I've probably sold around 20 Cave, 10 Farms & F. Nights and a couple of the Craft Boxes. I did them as a "Pre-order" - Never again, no matter how many times that I wrote in the listing that they will arrive in 15 days and then I'll send them out and I still got questions!

Ordered them all through LEGO Shop at Home and they haven't bat an eyelid. I've raked up $150ish in reward points that i'm going to throw behind my order tonight.

TRU US is very hit and miss... things can take 5 business days, a month or just not arrive at all! I'm still waiting on the Minecraft shipment from them, I only ordered last week though. B&****** and Amazon are a class act, no complaints with them.

I see more and more sellers offer the "pre-order", I price myself a lot higher than these though and it seems people will pay a premium for you having the item on hand, especially before Christmas as they want to be sure to get their item.

These things are going nuts though, I priced 2 Caves at $78.00 as I was the only Oz seller the other day with the items on hand, and they both sold within 12 hours!

TRU US is very hit and miss... things can take 5 business days, a month or just not arrive at all! I'm still waiting on the Minecraft shipment from them, I only ordered last week though. B&****** and Amazon are a class act, no complaints with them.

I see more and more sellers offer the "pre-order", I price myself a lot higher than these though and it seems people will pay a premium for you having the item on hand, especially before Christmas as they want to be sure to get their item.

These things are going nuts though, I priced 2 Caves at $78.00 as I was the only Oz seller the other day with the items on hand, and they both sold within 12 hours!

I can't praise Amazon UK enough, I received an order in 3 days (Advent Calendars). 

I threw a cave on yesterday as the box was smashed up due to the LEGO people cursing me, threw it on for $42.50 + postage - It lasted 10 mins.

I'm in the process of trying to diversify my QFs for Christmas.

From a UK perspective out of all the Minecraft sets the crafting box was a good choice to run out first and run out until after Christmas, because overall it caters to both fans and none fans, is well priced considering the size and is aimed at both boys and girls. I stocked up on a lot of these during the Argos 3 for 2 a few weeks ago and lets hope they run out soon until after Christmas. Also the Cave has just done well from day 1 so I do plan on buying a lot more over this weekend. I do have a few Mines stashed away but unsure whether it will sell out over Christmas and I do agree about the Dragon.

Like 24 of the crafting boxes just basically cleared out the 10 Argos stores around me and picked up a few farms/mines/caves etc along the way. Worse case scenario, they don't sell out this year and I just hold them until the retire but even then I got them all for 30% off using the Argos 3 for 2 so not the end of the world.

Well I've just got "The boot up the bum" we need to love everyone equally email from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home Europe cancelling my order of 4 Farms, 4 Caves and Winter Scene (thought they would of caught on after the plethora of orders of Minecraft I have placed). I'm not strongly suggesting but could this be a sign of these sets running low (like the Craftbox) or just pulling me up on my evil ways?

Thinking I may lay low and not order anything over the next fortnight. I really wish that Amazon (US) still shipped to us :/

• Like 1