Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

Only shipped single boxes here. I ship everything Priority Mail. I've packed everything using free Priority Shipping boxes and bubble envelopes. For The Farm, for example, I use the super long Large Flat Rate (the one designed for board games.) wrapped the box in Priority bubble envelopes for padding, cut box down 3" or so. Both Cave and Farm are under 2 lbs, so I ship regular Priority (not flat rate.) Charge buyer $9. Cost is $5 to $8 depending on destination.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by randrace

I'm trying to sell minecraft sets locally on craigslist and just got a hateful email from a mom. I don't know if I can be a QFLL next year.

What, hateful email that she PROCRASTINATED and is mad that she has to pay more to please Timmy. Some people are so ridiculous. They don't understand that business is to capitalize on opportunities to make money and they just happen to be the reason it works with toys at Christmas. Keep on Flippin and don't let dumb stuff like that get in the way.

Oh man, please post the message you got. I haven't tried Craigslist, but you will have a much more pleasant time selling on EBay. People seem to expect to pay more there. You can sell less than everyone else this week and still make a tidy profit.

• Like 1

^ im curious how much it costs to ship those.

In other news i sold some minecraft today, customer was grateful, feeling better... However i have too much sets left and i fear that i may not be able to move them all before xmas. Stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

^ im curious how much it costs to ship those.

In other news i sold some minecraft today, customer was grateful, feeling better... However i have too much sets left and i fear that i may not be able to move them all before xmas. Stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Cost right at $6 to ship the one SW I sold.

Sold a 21115 for 65 shipped. After fees and shipping and materials I made a whopping 6 bucks. Woooooooohooooo! Done with the flip game after this year. Not worth it

Use free priority boxes/envelopes. Your materials should be free. Set your price higher, always list as buy-it-now, and charge buyer your actual shipping cost.

That said, 21115 was less popular than Farm or Cave. Profit after fees have been $20 to $35 on The Cave.

21113 is back up to 49.99 as the low price and only 77 sellers on Amazon...stock is really drying up. Still 197 and 182 sellers of 21114 and 21115, respectively.

Of course I still have twice as many of 21114-21116 left as the Cave even though I bought more caves originally....overthought it, should have just gone 10:1 caves vs everything else.

To date ROIs after Friday's "purge" to get down to levels of stock that I feel more comfortable with coming into this last week:

21113 68%
21114 60%
21115 41%
21116 60%

I've been having a blast parting these out. People will buy any piece of this set they can get. I sold the instruction book for The Farm: $6.25 shipped! I listed an empty 2114 box and I have bidders. Next, I plan on selling a photograph of myself playing with a Steve minifigure for a dollar.

• Like 2

I've been having a blast parting these out. People will buy any piece of this set they can get. I sold the instruction book for The Farm: $6.25 shipped! I listed an empty 2114 box and I have bidders. Next, I plan on selling a photograph of myself playing with a Steve minifigure for a dollar.

You creeper

• Like 1

Didn't bump the price of my "just in case" caves up high enough...had them set to $57 and now down to 11 left before I realized how much the price had gone up. I have to think that 21114-21116 will get some of 21113's buyers at some point when it's gone so high, but ya never know.

^I agree btw, wouldn't want to risk having many of these sets after xmas.

Edited by LegoManiacc

You guys think these sets will continue to have growth post Christmas? Thinking about placing another order on Lego.com but the expected delivery is December 29th.

hard to say.  

right after xmas i think there is still support for the prices we have been enjoying.

if they sell out again quickly in early January and stay sold out til March or April, then yes having some on  hand will be useful.

if they show up on the shelves at walmart and target, the game is over.

personally, at this point i am glad to have flipped what i did and don't want to mess up what has otherwise been a fantastic short term investment by buying a bunch of stuff that i then sit on.  

i'm moving on to stuff that is retiring and already starting to make money.

Edited by cladner

hard to say.  

right after xmas i think there is still support for the prices we have been enjoying.

if they sell out again quickly in early January and stay sold out til March or April, then yes having some on  hand will be useful.

if they show up on the shelves at walmart and target, the game is over.

personally, at this point i am glad to have flipped what i did and don't want to mess up what has otherwise been a fantastic short term investment by buying a bunch of stuff that i then sit on.  

i'm moving on to stuff that is retiring and already starting to make money.

Why not just buy them and refund them if you can't sell them within "x" days?