Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

sold my only 2 The Mines this morning in under an hour to close east coasters for $180 bin free priority shipping.

one person lives in the next state less than 2 hours and cost $8 to ship priority with signature.  other person is a little farther but no one in Seattle to chomp my profit.

I have the warm fuzzies.  I just sold an ender dragon set to a dad who drove over 2 hrs so that he could make his boy's Christmas wish come true.  This is what Christmas is all about.... going to any length to get this year's hot holiday toy or have your kid hate you forever.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love these videos.  Hey, is it just me, or does it appear that some Minecraft sets are becoming scarce?  Not retiring, of course, but a short term shortage maybe?  It seems like all the new sets were 20% off from most retailers for what seemed like "forever".  Now I see 21113 The Cave seems to be close to retail $20 just about everywhere, 21115 First Night is 20% off only at Kmart, and higher priced elsewhere, 21116 Crafting Box is hard to find at a discount... etc.  If you can find these sets at 20% off, is there a short term flip opportunity coming?  Maybe 21118 The Mine will go to $110 everywhere, and the current $96 will look like a steal?

Hey, is it just me, or does it appear that some Minecraft sets are becoming scarce?  Not retiring, of course, but a short term shortage maybe?

​I'm not sure. Each time any of my nearby stores gets Minecraft in stock, they don't take long to sell out. (The Mine seems to be the only one that lingers a smidge.) I haven't kept track online wise but the theme did seem to be on sale around the 20% off mark for a while. While there is a lot of the year still left to go leaving the opportunity for more sales, Minecraft simply is so popular anything more than that may be a dream but still possible.

Target in store has The Ender Dragon at $59.99 which is $10 less than retail (compared to online with $55.99) and I think they've been like that for a month now. They also have The First Night at $34.99 as though that was retail. Not significant of a sale but between shelf stock "flying like flapjacks" almost soon as they come in and my own desires (now I really like Minecraft, go fig), I will take what I can get. ​I don't see much of a flip this soon in the year. However there will be the summer wave arriving in August and stores need to make room for those therefore there could be some decent discounts at such time but we still have plenty of time before those releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Still thinking about this theme... has widespread appeal... all sets in the current series consistently hold top spots in Amazon's Best Sellers list (for Building Sets)... the game is addictive... but does this theme have legs to run?  I mean... it's just a video game. In 2016, will these sets be dumped in the clearance bins (like Angry Birds toys today)?

Edited by Kenxxx

Still thinking about this theme... has widespread appeal... all sets in the current series consistently hold top spots in Amazon's Best Sellers list (for Building Sets)... the game is addictive... but does this theme have legs to run?  I mean... it's just a video game. In 2016, will these sets be dumped in the clearance bins (like Angry Birds toys today)?

this_is_minecraft.thumb.jpg.4e997c047a58

Seriously now, it will be interesting to see how well and long the source game's popularity can help to prolong desirability in the official LEGO sets. I've already stated every new shipment my stores receive have so far sold out fairly fast from shelves but I would figure realistically that won't always be the case eventually but who knows. I scarcely imagine these going by the wayside as Angry Birds have (which is another game that won't go away). World of Warcraft is another that has been around for a while yet shows no signs of leaving and all that one is "questing" basically.

Well I finally gave in to the craze some time ago due to buying that Crafting Box to build which eventually led me into acquiring the other sets out currently and downloading the demo to play. After a ridiculous amount of hours spent, I can understand why people find themselves addicted to the game. The premise seems simple but the depth of what can be done is amazing. There is a point where essentially you are simply doing the same thing over again but the experience still remains engaging if anything just to try doing it differently.

I must say after building a couple of the theme's sets then playing the game so thoroughly, LEGO really captured the core concept and appearance of Minecraft very well. The new ones coming up later in the year continue the tradition and should help further expand the LEGO/Minecraft relationship.