Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

Why not just buy them and refund them if you can't sell them within "x" days?

I wonder if doing this too much you could get on the bad side of a retailer. I know my Target red card which I spend a ton on, doesn't exactly look like personal use. Other retailers keep track of drivers license when you return. Obviously if you buy direct from Lego you wouldn't want to return. I sure would love to continue to flip these if at all possible.

• Like 1

21118 up to $199 AZ non-FBA.. Wonder when ebay will follow suit....

I finally sold a 21117 tonight, crazy!

Dang! I sold one too soon.  I lucked out and got a desperate international buyer to pay $199+ USPS global Express on eBay.  I sold a 21118 for $150 last week because that was a few bucks better than returning it.

I think next year I just plan to sell all my inventory the second week and weekend in December.  crazy times

• Like 1

Dang! I sold one too soon.  I lucked out and got a desperate international buyer to pay $199+ USPS global Express on eBay.  I sold a 21118 for $150 last week because that was a few bucks better than returning it.

I think next year I just plan to sell all my inventory the second week and weekend in December.  crazy times

There is absolutely no way to properly time this stuff. What if at that time all of a sudden it was in stock everywhere, any profits would have vanished. I predicted ~Dec 9th that prices would start climbing and they started dropping as all the sellers got nervous and started dumping. I panic sold a few but basically kept a steady pace so overall margins are fine. Others sold late Nov/ early Dec and made out just fine.

Now closer to $250 for 21118. I wish the folks on eBay would get a clue...

This is my first year doing QF's and I have to say that "staying strong" until the end is much easier said than done! I chickened out and did some profit taking on over half my stuff last Friday.

SFLV is right though, it's tough to predict anything...if stock did end up showing up in force, the greed of holding on too long would have been a tough pill to swallow.

Edited by LegoManiacc

This is my first year doing QF's and I have to say that "staying strong" until the end is much easier said than done! I chickened out and did some profit taking on over half my stuff last Friday.

I am not really complaining - on the flip side I sold all of my advent calendars very close to the peak and also some of the other minecraft sets.

I am not really complaining - on the flip side I sold all of my advent calendars very close to the peak and also some of the other minecraft sets.

Nice! Didn't take your statement as a complaint, just chiming in with my own QF thoughts since I was really trying to hold off dropping my prices too much until this past weekend. Then again, it looks like 21114-21116 are still dropping so maybe it will average out in the end.

I just figured out (its about time :rofl:) the Farm is less popular than the other MF sets. Any idea as to why ?

It's the least battle oriented of the sets. If it's not great for a QF, it's a dream to part out. The skeleton minifig was a hot seller for me, followed by Steve and Pumpkin Mask. Animals also did well.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

It's the least battle oriented of the sets. If it's not great for a QF, it's a dream to part out. The skeleton minifig was a hot seller for me, followed by Steve and Pumpkin Mask. Animals also did well.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

What was your total avg part out value was for the big sellers from 21114 that you mentioned? Just curious. I haven't had time to check what they are going for.

Got rid of the last of my MC today. Everything was sold on eBay, mix of auction, BIN, free shipping, calc shipping. After fees and shipping costs, my net profit was 68% of my cost. My goal was to double my money, but was not going to happen since these were not 3x retail like the microworlds were, but cave is getting there.

What was your total avg part out value was for the big sellers from 21114 that you mentioned? Just curious. I haven't had time to check what they are going for.

I didn't list enough to get good averages, but here are my recent sale prices:

Steve, Pumpkin, Crafting Table lot - $15 shipped

Cow, Sheep, 8 'wheat' pieces lot - $18.50 shipped

Skeleton - $17.32 shipped

From 21113

Zombie, 2 torches lot - $11.50 shipped

Steve, pail, TNT lot - $19.50 shipped

Creeper - $16.32

Spider, two 'ore' lot - $18.50 shipped

Pig, chest, bread lot - $12.32 shipped

Edited by randrace
  • Like 1

Continue to be amazed how many people are undercutting the lowest Amazon price by $20 on the Cave. They are selling fast, why give away $20 each? It always seems like one seller is coming in around 42 when the rest are at $62. They blow out in seconds, and someone else hops into their place. 

Oh well, only going to help this spike higher ;-) 

Continue to be amazed how many people are undercutting the lowest Amazon price by $20 on the Cave. They are selling fast, why give away $20 each? It always seems like one seller is coming in around 42 when the rest are at $62. They blow out in seconds, and someone else hops into their place. 

Oh well, only going to help this spike higher ;-) 

Some people just love getting fast $10 ;)

I'm a low volume reseller (not enough to sales for Amazon during the holidays).  For some reason I'm struggling with trying to move a "First Night" set.  I was receiving low ball offers of $50 (including shipping).  I paid $35 for it originally.  Now I feel like I have it priced competitively at $57+ shipping "Buy it Now".  But it ain't moving.  Dumb set and un-decisive parents more bent on winning and overpaying on an auction is my guess.

I'm a low volume reseller (not enough to sales for Amazon during the holidays).  For some reason I'm struggling with trying to move a "First Night" set.  I was receiving low ball offers of $50 (including shipping).  I paid $35 for it originally.  Now I feel like I have it priced competitively at $57+ shipping "Buy it Now".  But it ain't moving.  Dumb set and un-decisive parents more bent on winning and overpaying on an auction is my guess.

Pair the First Night with the Cave. Sold one recently for $120 shipped. I moved a bunch of First Nights that way. Its not a bad set, its just the resellers stocked up on that once since Target had it on sale for $35. Lots of supply but drying up.